About Goten and Trunks

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

About Goten and Trunks

Post by super michael » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:44 am

I am curious to see what members thinks about Goten and Trunks.

I believe Goten and Trunks were written good in the chapters were they are super heroes. Seeing their adventure in high schools, while fighting villains to protect the city was good. Toyotaro did a good job here.
In the movie of DBS Super Heroes it was good that Goten and Trunks were allowed to fight Cell Max.

Now DBS Anime I believe Toei did a awful with them. Toei made them look weak in the anime and being constantly forbidden from doing anything and keeping secret from them was annoying.

The worst one was Goten not being allowed to go with Goku to Who's planet to train, just because Chi Chi didn't allow it. She even got Bulma involved. Goku had no say as a parent, even though he wanted to train with Goten.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: About Goten and Trunks

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:05 pm

Right here, my man. There's no need for more Goten and Trunks threads (and counting...).

Goten and Trunks aren't my favorite characters, so coming up with that thread was actually a bit difficult for me. I read all your posts throughout all of your threads for inspiration to try to capture the feeling you have for these two characters. I took the opportunity to add a little bit of my own stuff to say about them, if you don't mind. Hopefully it makes you happy and satisfies you. Everything and anything we have to say about Goten and Trunks to our hearts desire, please let us say in that thread (let's hope people still have something to say, that is). Even though I created it, by all means please do take ownership and credits of the entire thread as if you have created yourself. See you there! :)
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~