So was Piccolo planning on killing Frost and taking the disqualification?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

So was Piccolo planning on killing Frost and taking the disqualification?

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:46 pm

Piccolo had a really good plan to tag Frost with his SBC. It only failed because Frost cheated.

But the SBC is a lethal move. I can't imagine a way for Piccolo to hit Frost without killing him. So was the plan just to kill Frost and accept a disqualification? Or does he have a way to make the SBC non lethal?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: So was Piccolo planning on killing Frost and taking the disqualification?

Post by Alruneia » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:54 am

He was planning on missing Frost's vital organs (all of them!) :P
Frieza was durable enough to live through cutting himself in half, and I think that Piccolo must have been brought up to speed about how that part of the battle on Namek went at some point or other. It's reasonable to assume that Frost is built a lot like Frieza, so a big hole in the torso would probably incapacitate him but not kill him.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:34 am

Yeah he knows how durable freeza is.

We see with cell vs piccolo and vegeta vs cell that maiming a stronger opponent flips the tables.

So yeah probably just hoping to main frost enough to close the power gap enough to then ko or ring him out.

But this is all anime only so it could just be that yeah it doesn't make sense.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:48 pm

I'm sure Goku told him about Freeza surviving being cut in half so he figured Frost would survive a hole in the chest.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:54 pm

Considering how it bores into a target, effectively tunnelling through their organs and muscles, it's hard to imagine how Frost wouldn't have come out of the attack without suffering mortal injuries. To be fair Piccolo would have needed to perforate his own limb that he was using as bindings to get at Frost's torso unless he aimed for the head or legs.

I get the impression that if somehow Piccolo's attack had managed to injure Frost to the point of near death or even outright killing him then it's possible Champa might have spun it as a reason for maintaining Frost's 'victory' over Goku without reinstating the latter.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:38 pm

For some reason, I always thought Piccolo was going to fire it as a concussive blast somehow. How blasts affect the target is never consistent: Sometimes they drill, sometimes they blow up, sometimes they just push away. Freeza's Death Beam is the closest comparison here.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:29 pm

Definitely think it was a case where he planned on putting a hole through Frost and either knocked him out (of the ring) or otherwise let the immense injury leave him unable to fight anymore.

Enough damage to seriously maim Frost, but not so much as to kill him if he kept the beam below the heart or brain.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:25 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:29 pm Definitely think it was a case where he planned on putting a hole through Frost and either knocked him out (of the ring) or otherwise let the immense injury leave him unable to fight anymore.

Enough damage to seriously maim Frost, but not so much as to kill him if he kept the beam below the heart or brain.
Freeza survived most of his head being destroyed. I doubt his "brain" is even there.

If you want to include the movies, Cooler is even more damaged; all that's left of him is his eye, and he's still capable of consciousness.

If it weren't for the viscera hanging from him after he gets cut in half, I think it could be argued that Freeza's species doesn't have internal organs at all. Maybe they have a really decentralized nervous system or something.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"