Vegeta and Beerus' different ways of using Ultra Ego

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alkiser
Beyond Newbie

Vegeta and Beerus' different ways of using Ultra Ego

Post by Alkiser » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:18 am

In the saga of Granolah the Survivor Goku had to find a way to use Ultra Instinct that would be in line with his nature, meanwhile in the opposition technique to Ultra Instinct that is Ultra Ego, Vegeta found his answer when he reached this form. Beerus uses this technique focusing only on destruction, which makes his God of Destruction mentality combined with Ultra Ego principles make him invincible, which is why Goku has not matched or surpassed him so far. Just as Beerus said in the 69th chapter that his mind is focused only on destruction therefore his power has no limits. Meanwhile, Vegeta's Ultra Ego has no limits because the only thing he is focused on is fighting which drives the Saiyan, Vegeta for the time being ignites his fighting spirit through the stimulus of receiving damage.

As you can see, what differentiates Vegeta from Beerus is how they use the Gods of Destruction technique, while Beerus as the destroyer of the 7 universe focuses only on destruction, Vegeta as a Saiyan focuses on his Saiyan fighting spirit that drives him during battles. Therefore, for this reason, I doubt they will do any True Ultra Ego because Vegeta has adapted Ultra Ego to his Saiyan warrior nature.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Vegeta and Beerus' different ways of using Ultra Ego

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:31 am

I think it would be more simple to say that they use the concept of destruction in different ways. Beerus plays it straight, having used destruction to raise his power and fulfill his role as a Hakaishin to the best of his ability. Meanwhile, Vegeta does use destruction to get stronger but more importantly, he uses it to improve in his own fighting style as opposed to the principles of UI. However, I wouldn't say that Vegeta won't find his own alternative to a 'true' form as he is at least willing to change his strategy when he needs to. I don't think he'll remain in a "rawr! me Saiyan warrior!" mentality forever, he does want to overcome Freeza afterall. Ultra Ego is Vegeta's first foray into destruction so we don't yet know what else he may learn, Beerus might have more to teach him and other fights may serve to push him into new territory.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: