What 3 wishes would you make with the Dragon Ball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

What 3 wishes would you make with the Dragon Ball?

Post by Seekeroftruth » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:56 am

Shenlong is summoned to this world and you have the opportunity to make 3 wishes using him, what would those 3 wishes be?

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Re: What 3 wishes would you make with the Dragon Ball?

Post by nineko » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:58 am

As I mentioned elsewhere, I'd ask him to create a new set of Dragon Balls, paving the road for eventual unlimited wishes. Loophole-y as it sounds, creating a new set of Dragon Balls should definitely be within Shenlong's (or any other dragon's) capabilities, since those capabilities reflect the ones of the owner, who indeed created the associated Dragon Balls in the first place (or at least inherited them like Dende did). It would actually be more legit than resurrecting people, since dragon owners can't usually perform such a task themselves.

Otherwise, I'd just wish for the usual, money, health, perhaps going back in time while retaining my current knowledge, if that's allowed. Oh, and a brand new Ferrari F40.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:02 am

1. Rid everyone in the world of any evil or ill intentions they may have

2. Restore all places in the world that have deteriorated or been damaged through war, bombings and any other acts of a destructive nature

3. Give every home in the world a Blu-Ray set of Ocean Kai
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:59 am

1. Heal the world and nature
2. Be rich enough to not have to work anymore.
3. Have my own island to live on away from other people :))

One selfless wish for nature and animals and the rest is clear :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:49 am

1. Solve world hunger
2. Solve world peace
3. Make a clone of the Kami who made the balls so there will be another set.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:19 am

1. Let everyone know the real truth, no tricks, no conspiracies, no nothing.
2. Give everyone what they need to help them live in good conditions, home, health, work etc
3. Drastically increase our knowledge, our expertise so we can help others in the future.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:21 am

1 - For Shueisha to set up a room. Supposedly to come up with new, creative ideas... supposedly.

2 - For a new Dragon Ball series with little to no pre-production and planning.

3 - For a new Dragon Ball movie to be made because the creator listened to a song.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:10 pm

1. Restore everything and everyone the way it and they were before COVID-19 hit.

2. End all wars.

3. Solve the Homeless crisis.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:07 am

Restore the environment that was destroyed by greedy people.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:40 pm

Like most people, I'd make one wish for the world to start with: perhaps eliminating all uncurable diseases (cancer, AIDS, etc...) or making humans psychologically unable to torture/kill/wage war (if evil has to exist, let it be only through thievery, fraud, etc., we already have enough occasions to break something in our bodies or die with accidental and natural causes, no need for humans to be able to kill each other or inflict major pain/wounds willingly).

Then wishes for me: one to probably live happily and lazily for the rest of my day, so being infinitely rich or something, that's a classic!

The other one to have a superpower: either flying, because it must be a dream to move free from gravity as you wish and free-float even when you just need to grab something or move from one room to the next.

Or, and that's more unusual, the "power of instant recoloring": being able to change the colors of things at will in a sec. An easy way to perform a visual make-over for things, making cities and roads more individual like they are in RPGs, or even refreshing the same colors in some cases. For example, people might like their home's external walls the way they are, so I wouldn't have the nerve to change it for them, but in that case, I would at least "remaster" it to its brighter days and recolor flaws the same way (stains, cracks...) to hide them. Sort of an instant fresh coat of paint on anything I see, just by wanting it. Would be able to create instant artworks too, by recoloring the white paper in one second with the picture I had in my mind. Instant printing of the mind, you might say. So it would have several uses: instant artworks, "remastering" the world's colors or completely changing them at will. It could replace my wish of being rich too, cause I'm pretty sure people could hire me to instant-recolor massive parts of town or restore monuments, etc, and the price could be good given how it still would be less than paying a whole crew for years of work.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:46 pm

1. Fix climate change
2. Get rid all of nuclear weapons
3. Money for my friends, family, and I

I want to wish for world peace, but I don't know what Shenlong's political views are.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:29 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:46 pmI want to wish for world peace, but I don't know what Shenlong's political views are.
Neutral I'd say, an Eternal Dragon's morals depend on who summons him. After all Shenlong did revive Freeza in addition to all the good people he ever brought back.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:40 pm

Here's my 3 wishes.

1. A safe that can generate as many copies of any variant of Earthly currency I want
2. The ability to grant my own wishes on the same level of power as the Dragon Balls
3. The ability to know where specifically the Dragon Balls will scatter once all my wishes are made

And now I can grant my own wishes, and don't need no dragon.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:48 pm

1. Perfect Health Forever
2. Ability to transfer myself into any fictional world of my choice whenever I want, and at any point of the series I want.
3. To have all kinds of techniques and powers from any character I think of. My vast imagination would allow for great combinations here 8)

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:05 pm

Upon closer evaluation of my choices, maybe I should replace #2 with "Make COVID-19 non-existent", and #3 with "End All Wars".

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:08 am

Gimme muh pussy 'n womb

Educate the people on leftist policies.

Provide unlimited resouces for us to use and survive, eradicating the ability for capital to manipulate and control society.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Majin Man 101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Man 101 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:32 am

Seekeroftruth wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:56 am Shenlong is summoned to this world and you have the opportunity to make 3 wishes using him, what would those 3 wishes be?

1.Grace the world with a definitive 4k scan and remaster of the entire original DB/Z/GT/Movies in the original 4:3 with proper color restoration/broadcast audio. + a redub for english language fans. And release it all on 4k ultra HD disc format.
2.A complete remake of the Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z anime with Naohiro Shintani, Kubota, Yuya Takahashi, and other greats leading the charge.
3.Force the Dragon Ball room to focus all efforts on massive projects that can give the fans what they want on a more consistent basis,

If there isn't an anime running, then there should always be a focus on a big time movie or video game. The fans need to be fed, and the current output is beyond garbage.

I would argue that wishing for silly things like world peace and stopping hunger, and greedy capitalism..... All of those things are a symptom of lack of Dragon Ball content, and if there was more Dragon Ball, there would be no more war, suffering, or any other problems.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:48 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:46 pm 1. Fix climate change
2. Get rid all of nuclear weapons
3. Money for my friends, family, and I

I want to wish for world peace, but I don't know what Shenlong's political views are.
Your comment made me think about Shenron as a magical AI basically :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:30 am

At least, we can wish without a second thought when it comes to Shenron, we know he's not wicked.

Because if you met another kind of wish-granting genie, the "be careful what you wish for" rule would be recommended.
For example, wishing to be rich could be solved by the genie by having all life insurances of people you know redirected to you (or created if they don't have one) and making them all die in the next three days for example, and then it'd be "there you go, wish granted, you got a lot of money!"

I would be very distrustful of any wish-granting genie, but with Shenron, I'd be confident that he's not going to do bad things to grant my wishes and the DB dragons are even quite generous sometimes and throw a kind extra while they're at it (like Polunga did by restoring Krilin's body along with bringing him back to life or like Shenron did by giving Piccolo access to divine energy through his Orange Piccolo form).