The reason for "Gregory Throws The Kame Gang for a Loop" being a DB Movie 2 track

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

The reason for "Gregory Throws The Kame Gang for a Loop" being a DB Movie 2 track

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:00 am

This track confused me for a good time, shows up randomly in a single Z episode, I think TheZestanor was the first to assume that this is a DB Movie 2 track (M400 score), it took me a while to understand it, and after making a huge analysis of the Kikuchi scores, I noticed it, apparently what indicates this is that the track contains the theme of Ghastel, one of the film's villains, you can hear it at 0:09, it's the same melody from these two tracks: M421 M427
Now, what scene was this track composed for? My bet is at some point of the aerial fight between Ghastel and Goku, there's no music in that entire session.
Gotta love these mysteries.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

DB1984
Banned

Re: The reason for "Gregory Throws The Kame Gang for a Loop" being a DB Movie 2 track

Post by DB1984 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:32 pm

I love these mysteries, too. I wish they were solved one day.

Another track with similarities to one of the movies is "Love at Second Sight". I never thought it would be a Mystical Adventure track, until I heard "Mifan Raids the Holy Land of Karin", and heard the similar notes, so now it makes sense.