Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:56 am

Does the new form have a name yet because I'm seeing Super Saiyan zero.being thrown around a lot.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:59 pm

For some reason, I was thinking it was just Ultimate forms for Goku and Vegeta.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:33 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:56 am Does the new form have a name yet because I'm seeing Super Saiyan zero.being thrown around a lot.
ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:59 pm For some reason, I was thinking it was just Ultimate forms for Goku and Vegeta.
It should be just that. Just because they found an alternate method to the same transformation as Gohan, doesn't warrant a new name.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:51 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:33 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:56 am Does the new form have a name yet because I'm seeing Super Saiyan zero.being thrown around a lot.
ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:59 pm For some reason, I was thinking it was just Ultimate forms for Goku and Vegeta.
It should be just that. Just because they found an alternate method to the same transformation as Gohan, doesn't warrant a new name.
Apprantly Asura said its nore like Super Saiyan 0.75 when a fan mentioned the name super saiyan zero.

Zero is probably what's going to stick in the fandom.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:47 pm

Why Super Saiyan 0.75? Doesn't that imply that it is weaker than Super Saiyan 1? At least with the name Super Saiyan Zero, it's vague enough on what the "Zero" means. Maybe zero energy burned, like it's 100% ki efficient? But when you stick a fraction in there, it just makes it sound like it's not quite Super Saiyan, like that "False Super Saiyan" form from the Lord Slug movie.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:58 pm

Oh no...they aren't... :shock:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:55 pm

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:20 pm

What'd be cool is an inversion of his roshi fight.

Goku narrowly wins because his leg is longer than geets arm and the blast is closer to geets face.

So goku gets to win but we can claim vegeta is finally equal in power and skill.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:52 pm

TobyS wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:20 pm What'd be cool is an inversion of his roshi fight.

Goku narrowly wins because his leg is longer than geets arm and the blast is closer to geets face.

So goku gets to win but we can claim vegeta is finally equal in power and skill.
Vegeta's been equal throughout Super's run.

As far as DBM it was implied Ss2 Vegeta surpassed SS2 Goku as well.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:12 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:52 pm
TobyS wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:20 pm What'd be cool is an inversion of his roshi fight.

Super has nothing to do with Multi, and when did they say SS2 vegeta was hot shit?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:41 pm

Was so sure they'd have double KO'd by this page.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:23 pm

TobyS wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:12 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:52 pm

Super has nothing to do with Multi, and when did they say SS2 vegeta was hot shit?
In that special where Goku and Vegeta were fighting in the rosat.

I mentioned Super because I interpreted your Vegeta is finally Goku's equal wrong is all. Vegeta has been that way in most media for awhile now.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:44 pm

Vegeta has matched or surpassed Goku multiple times in the series. It just never lasts long, because Goku or Gohan always find a new transformation to take the lead again. In the Android Saga, he achieved Super Saiyan and saved Goku from death, while showing off how much more powerful he was. He discovered the imperfected "Ascended Super Saiyan" form, and Goku didn't even bother to use the extra time to train and match him. Gohan perfected Super Saiyan 2. Goku comes back from the dead, and Vegeta uses his Majin Super Saiyan 2 powers to beat Goku in battle, but it turns out Goku had Super Saiyan 3 up his sleeve the whole time and didn't use it.

In Super, Goku achieves Super Saiyan God form. Vegeta aspires to unlock a power that is even greater. He discovers Blue at the same time as Goku. Vegeta gets extra time in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and surpasses Goku when fighting Goku Black. Goku discovers Ultra Instinct. Vegeta discovers Blue Evolution, but it sucks and doesn't actually accomplish much. Vegeta learns Ultra Ego (manga only, so far). Seems to be evenly matched with Goku now, but Gohan is allegedly stronger than both of them with his Beast form.

It's a constant tug of war between those two...occasionally three characters. Vegeta seems to recognize this. He sees Goku as his carrot (ha) on a stick, driving him to keep pushing forward on a never-ending struggle of self-improvement. Would be interesting to hear his reaction to finding out Gohan, with minimal effort, has managed to surpass him again. Would he be proud? Angry? Both?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:38 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:44 pm Vegeta has matched or surpassed Goku multiple times in the series. It just never lasts long, because Goku or Gohan always find a new transformation to take the lead again. In the Android Saga, he achieved Super Saiyan and saved Goku from death, while showing off how much more powerful he was. He discovered the imperfected "Ascended Super Saiyan" form, and Goku didn't even bother to use the extra time to train and match him. Gohan perfected Super Saiyan 2. Goku comes back from the dead, and Vegeta uses his Majin Super Saiyan 2 powers to beat Goku in battle, but it turns out Goku had Super Saiyan 3 up his sleeve the whole time and didn't use it.

In Super, Goku achieves Super Saiyan God form. Vegeta aspires to unlock a power that is even greater. He discovers Blue at the same time as Goku. Vegeta gets extra time in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and surpasses Goku when fighting Goku Black. Goku discovers Ultra Instinct. Vegeta discovers Blue Evolution, but it sucks and doesn't actually accomplish much. Vegeta learns Ultra Ego (manga only, so far). Seems to be evenly matched with Goku now, but Gohan is allegedly stronger than both of them with his Beast form.

It's a constant tug of war between those two...occasionally three characters. Vegeta seems to recognize this. He sees Goku as his carrot (ha) on a stick, driving him to keep pushing forward on a never-ending struggle of self-improvement. Would be interesting to hear his reaction to finding out Gohan, with minimal effort, has managed to surpass him again. Would he be proud? Angry? Both?
I think Super Vegeta would be happy if Gohan, Goten and Trunks surpassed them as long as he keeps rivaling Goku.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:27 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:38 amI think Super Vegeta would be happy if Gohan, Goten and Trunks surpassed them as long as he keeps rivaling Goku.
I don't know... Majin Vegeta seemed kinda humiliated at the fact that a pre-teen managed to outclass him in the Cell Games. He's matured since then, of course, but I imagine he might not be too happy to hear that the guy who hadn't even been training managed to surpass him in a single freaking day. He's out there working his butt off every day just to keep up with Goku, and then Gohan just emerges after years of dormancy and farts out a new transformation.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:13 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:27 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:38 amI think Super Vegeta would be happy if Gohan, Goten and Trunks surpassed them as long as he keeps rivaling Goku.
I don't know... Majin Vegeta seemed kinda humiliated at the fact that a pre-teen managed to outclass him in the Cell Games. He's matured since then, of course, but I imagine he might not be too happy to hear that the guy who hadn't even been training managed to surpass him in a single freaking day. He's out there working his butt off every day just to keep up with Goku, and then Gohan just emerges after years of dormancy and farts out a new transformation.
Majin Vegeta was in the middle of a mid life crises and the most evil he'd been in a while.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:02 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:27 am
Vegeta definitely respects Gohan's potential as shown through multiple times in the series, but I think what helps is that he has actually seen Gohan fight with his life on the line multiple times and having to carry while the others were down. He'd be proud of Trunks for being his son, but he'd probably resent Goten for becoming so strong while not having actually faced hardship.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:21 pm

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:38 am

I love the new artist. The characters look nice. The fight looks awesome.
Toriyama went from rounded shapes to a much more sharp and line-y style up until Dragonball's revival.
The style of this DBM artist is as if Toriyama decided to go the other route, and it looks nice, really.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:27 pm