"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:38 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:15 pm
shadd21 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:01 pm Apparently several big news site such as Dextro are reporting on this recent video by Geekdom..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZhSgfhF8xc&t=3s

TLDR, according to his "insider source" the the game's roster will be larger than Xenoverse 2's and will include characters from the Tournament of Power who have yet to be playable in a Dragon Ball game.

Thoughts?..
The whole anime thing back in 2019 was the first and last time I followed Geekdom and his "sources".
He's been right on 90% of what he chose to report. The anime was the only time he was really wrong.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:43 pm

I'm more interested in knowing WHEN it's coming out, though.

gokugambitoptimus
Beyond Newbie

Post by gokugambitoptimus » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:16 am

A roster bigger than Xenoverse 2 with all the DLC ? That means we will have more than 123 characters, BUT a lot of that characters are Gokus & Vegetas that can be used in four slots instead of almost 15 slots (if we count Gohan and Trunks, the numbers are way elevated)

Fortunately, the rumour says there will be characters from Tournament of Power that are not included in Xenoverse 2, so I hope we will see a more diverse roster

I think one of that characters is Bergamo, an important character with a giant transformation, something very popular in the Tenkaichi saga

Salt-sensei

Post by Salt-sensei » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:44 pm

I know that the developers are different, but what are the chances of the new BT importing Kakarot models for the existing characters? It would save a lot of time, right?

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:03 pm

We didn't get anything for Gamescon.

If they're already at the point where the game is being dubbed then they must be close to finishing it, right? I'm beginning to think that Sonny Strait thing wasn't about BT4. Probably something borderlands related - the only other game he's voiced more than 2 characters for.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:53 pm

Tenkaichi 1-3 would always get reveal trailers at E3 in June and released in October.

Tokyo game show could be a good place for a reveal if they want to drop this in Spring or earlier summer.

If October 2024 is are date though we could be 6-8 months out from another trailer.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:35 am

Geekdom is to Dragon Ball like Mike Zeroh is to Star Wars. Clickbaits and over 10 minutes of brain farts.
Seriously, the only source that I follow for some time is DBSHype on Twitter. He is spot on with his leaks and only posts when he has them.
His last spoiler was for the DLC6 in Kakarot is to be the EOZ, so if that pans out, he will have a perfect track record.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:40 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:03 pm We didn't get anything for Gamescon.

If they're already at the point where the game is being dubbed then they must be close to finishing it, right? I'm beginning to think that Sonny Strait thing wasn't about BT4. Probably something borderlands related - the only other game he's voiced more than 2 characters for.
It might be him recording lines for Kakarot 23rd World Tournament DLC maybe that got released last week?
The last trailer did have the caption about the footage being still from a developed content.
I don't know what is the production schedule between the developer and localisation for simultaneous release though.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:41 am

MCDaveG wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:40 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:03 pm We didn't get anything for Gamescon.

It might be him recording lines for Kakarot 23rd World Tournament DLC maybe that got released last week?
The last trailer did have the caption about the footage being still from a developed content.
I don't know what is the production schedule between the developer and localisation for simultaneous release though.
Perhaps, but Blue's long dead by the time the world tournament arc happens. It could be Piano, but that still wouldn't account for the third character.
MCDaveG wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:35 am Geekdom is to Dragon Ball like Mike Zeroh is to Star Wars. Clickbaits and over 10 minutes of brain farts.
I very much agree. Outside of the anime thing back in 2019, I don't really follow him, but has he ever actually gotten something right? And what I mean by that is something that only someone with credible sources could have possibly known.

From what I've seen, every bit of info he's said is literally what most people thought was the case anyway, like he says a bunch of general info or if a leak drops he rushes to report on them so he can be first.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:18 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:35 am Geekdom is to Dragon Ball like Mike Zeroh is to Star Wars. Clickbaits and over 10 minutes of brain farts.
Seriously, the only source that I follow for some time is DBSHype on Twitter. He is spot on with his leaks and only posts when he has them.
His last spoiler was for the DLC6 in Kakarot is to be the EOZ, so if that pans out, he will have a perfect track record.
Geekdom is nothing like Mike Zeroh. You don't have to looe Geekdom that's fine but he doesn't just make up blanton lies for content.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:03 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:41 am

Perhaps, but Blue's long dead by the time the world tournament arc happens. It could be Piano, but that still wouldn't account for the third character.
I very much agree. Outside of the anime thing back in 2019, I don't really follow him, but has he ever actually gotten something right? And what I mean by that is something that only someone with credible sources could have possibly known.

From what I've seen, every bit of info he's said is literally what most people thought was the case anyway, like he says a bunch of general info or if a leak drops he rushes to report on them so he can be first.
Yeah, but Sonny Strait voices Krillin, or not? I seen him in the credits and there is Krillin at 23rd Tournament.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:23 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:18 pm
Geekdom is nothing like Mike Zeroh. You don't have to looe Geekdom that's fine but he doesn't just make up blanton lies for content.
You know, there was also this human element with Geekdom, and that was how he shut down all the comments that challenged him and kept pressing on clickbait videos. And it wasn't just usual negative comments, but even people making reasonable points and he threw a tantrum around it. So yeah, I don't trust his news, more so video game news, which DBS Hype has spot on... like how does Geekdom knows who's not playable in BT4? And if it is again another boring speculation video, why it's not stated in the headline?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_viwuhdBM40

If you guys enjoy his speculations and his ideas, it's totally fine from this point of view, same with anyone else, but there is probably nothing to persuade me, that his leaks content is not a load of bull, wishful thinking or what actually drives him to make such videos if not for clickbait.
So when someone jumps in this message board, bringing owls to Athens basically, that Geekdom has leaked fantastic info about stuff that nobody else and even credible sources know about, well, I have to call out BS with this guy.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:07 pm

I was browsing twitter and I found this (posted by Arecreeps)
It basically says that BT4 was trademarked in 2021. They usually release their db games a year after trademarking them, yeah? What do you guys think went down with BT4? Now that I think about it, this whole thing is unusual lol. After 9/6 hits, it'll be the longest a recent DB game has gone without either news or an expansive teaser trailer.
MCDaveG wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:03 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:41 am

Yeah, but Sonny Strait voices Krillin, or not? I seen him in the credits and there is Krillin at 23rd Tournament.
Yeah, he voices 5 characters. Piano, Bardock, Blue, Krillin, and Giru. Dragon Ball and Fairy Tail are the only anime he voices up to or over 3 characters for, and Borderlands and the Dragon Ball games are the only games where he voices more than 2 characters.

That has me confused though, because if it's BT4, then the game should be ready enough for some news if it's getting a dub.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:44 pm

I don't think trademarks really mean anything, I'm pretty sure they've trademarked Xenoverse 3 too

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:13 pm

(sorry for Double Posting but I just came up with an idea)

What if the Big Gete Star was a Stage and Giant Core Metal Cooler was a playable Giant?

The only games I could think about that had Big Gete Star was Ultimate Tenkaichi (boss fight only stage?) and Battle of Z (multiplayer stage)

Giant Cooler was a boss in Ultimate Tenkaichi and Battle of Z but it would be neat to have him finally playable.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:24 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:28 am Playable Giants please, it's been a while since that happened in a fighting game :!:
I'm not really fond of that idea, since they're not in their original size in these games. In the original Oozaru Vegeta could grab Goku with his hands, in Tenkaichi 3 almost was like Goku was taller than his legs.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:37 pm

Tokyo Game Show will probably give us something and I would imagine the game would be out by late 2024 by the earliest.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:10 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:37 pm Tokyo Game Show will probably give us something and I would imagine the game would be out by late 2024 by the earliest.
Has there ever been a DB game announcement during TGS? Or even a trailer?

Unless something like that Sonny Strait thing pops up, my guess is either Jump Festa or Battle Hour 2024. And at that point, even if Development had started a week before Battle Hour, I'd find it odd that we haven't even gotten a poster or a Vjump page yet.

On a side note:
Maybe it's the semantical pessimist inside of me, but after rewatching the actual Battle Hour stream I'm beginning to get the impression the actual teaser was made for Battle Hour (the model, Namek, the transformation) instead of the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWDnHuB5PSc&t=89s
but the team made this video especially for you guys at battle hour

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:49 am

Noah wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:24 pm
Xeogran wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:28 am Playable Giants please, it's been a while since that happened in a fighting game :!:
I'm not really fond of that idea, since they're not in their original size in these games. In the original Oozaru Vegeta could grab Goku with his hands, in Tenkaichi 3 almost was like Goku was taller than his legs.
Tenkaichi 3 had limited arena spaces so it's understandable, modern consoles can handle MUCH bigger stages. And this means the Giants can be more bigger too, hopefully.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:28 pm

Xeogran wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:49 am
Noah wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:24 pm
Tenkaichi 3 had limited arena spaces so it's understandable, modern consoles can handle MUCH bigger stages. And this means the Giants can be more bigger too, hopefully.
They won't be that much bigger if they're playable.