Buying DBKai Bluray?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Buying DBKai Bluray?

Post by Civic » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:03 pm

Is it possible to buy this anymore? Hell, even plain old DVD? In Australia, I can't find a single retailer that stocks it but the original Z dub is everywhere.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Re: Buying DBKai Bluray?

Post by OmegaRockman » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:28 pm

Here in the US I can still find the Blurays on Amazon. Can't say for Australia, but maybe it's worth a look. I don't think you'll find anyone carrying them in-store, though. Not unless you find a mom and pop shop who happens to have them.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Civic » Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:03 am

I didn't even think of Amazon, had tried eBay but no luck there. Seems there are options on Amazon, thank you!

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:06 am

You can also get the UK Blu-Rays for cheap on Rarewaves.

UK has the same region code as Australia, and these releases have the Yamamoto score.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

GokuDaimao
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GokuDaimao » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:26 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:06 am You can also get the UK Blu-Rays for cheap on Rarewaves.

UK has the same region code as Australia, and these releases have the Yamamoto score.
Just for Seasons 1 & 2 at best though, right?

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:38 am

GokuDaimao wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:26 pm
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:06 am You can also get the UK Blu-Rays for cheap on Rarewaves.

Just for Seasons 1 & 2 at best though, right?
Yes, episodes 1-39. Manga UK's BDs are the same as Madman's first 3 Part BDs before they got reprinted with Kikuchi's score.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:04 pm

It is so bizarre that Funimation would allow anything DB related to slip away from them, but then again, Kai was the wrong product at the wrong time for DB so it kinda makes sense.