Characters you'd like to see interact more often

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Characters you'd like to see interact more often

Post by Yuji » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:29 am

Vegeta rarely gets any screentime with other characters besides his family, Goku and sometimes Gohan, but I'd like to see him interact more with Kuririn given their history, as well as Piccolo.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Re: Characters you'd like to see interact more often

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:55 pm

In the anime's Universe Survival arc, we see a nice moment of mutual respect between Vegeta and Muten Roshi. I wouldn't mind seeing more insight into how they feel about each other.

Ever since Broly became pals with Goku, I've wanted to see him properly ingratiated with the Dragon Gang and have fun interactions. Super Hero tried to scratch that itch by having him shack up on Beerus's planet, but he's treated as an accessory to Cheelai and Lemo. I get that Toriyama prefers the silly/mundane interactions, but there must've been more material to work with, surely. I want more sincere character moments to balance out the irreverent ones.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:42 am

Yuji wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:29 am Vegeta rarely gets any screentime with other characters besides his family, Goku and sometimes Gohan, but I'd like to see him interact more with Kuririn given their history, as well as Piccolo.
Vegeta and Piccolo would be an interesting one for me. They already have an interesting relationship, more of a grudging respect and trust. Piccolo, at times, even seems to sort of look up to Vegeta, often acknowledging his complexity and battle acumen.

I'd like Orange Piccolo to reignite the rivalry he briefly shared with Goku and Vegeta in earlier arcs.

I'd also like to see Tien interact with Hit. Just a convo, even a simple one but in terms of something with more substance, I'm interested in seeing more of Frost and Hit's dynamic. Would love to see Hit help Frost improve and perhaps even redeem himself.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:15 am

Goten & Trunks and Jiren: They'd absolutely lose their minds seeing him perfect the look and the act of the stoic superhero, on top of his immense power. I wouldn't be surprised if Goten & Trunks suddenly became Jiren fanboys, starting up their training again to try and make their new idol proud, and even rework their own costumed identities to match his. For all we know, this is probably going to happen.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:05 pm

Kids with each other. Like Goten & Trunks interact more with Pan or Bra. Marron also should interact more with other kids. Especially in GT i missed seeing girls gang (Pan, Bra, Marron) interact with each other. You'd think at least Pan & Bra would be good friends kinda like Goten & Trunks were in their age, but they never even talked with each other.

Speaking of Marron her mother herself isn't very social either. Would like 18 to hang out with other girls more often. The closest we got was probably baseball episode in Super as all the wives* (18, Chichi, Bulma, Videl, Puar) were sitting together.

* Yea i know, Bulma isn't really married to Vegeta
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:49 pm

Bulma and Yamcha and Vegeta. Love triangle!

Tien and Vegeta. Apparently the two hate each other's guts.

Trunks and Mai's child and future couples.

Present Gohan, Pan and Future Trunks.

Master Roshi with the ladies Android 18, Bulma, and Launch. All who kick his ass.

Beerus and Frieza. Beerus will probably need to keep an eye on Frieza to keep him in line.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

YoungDefender

Post by YoungDefender » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:02 pm

Blonde Launch needed to be a DBZ tertiary character the same way Oolong and Puar were. So many opportunities for some clash of personalities with other hot heads like Bulma, Chi-chi and Vegeta.

Vegeta and Piccolo got some really good moments in Z and while I think on one hand that was perfect, we don't need too much of a good thing, on the other the interactions were always so interesting that I can't help but want more.

Honestly wanted to see more of 17/18 and Gero. The dynamic was too good for it to be cut so short. Gero meeting Cell would have be awesome too.

Tien with anyone. His absence for the majority of the Buu saga was borderline criminal.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:29 am

Vegeta and 18 with anyone they don't always interact with. They're funny tsundere characters and those are always funny when they interact with others.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:28 am

I've always wanted to see how 18 and Piccolo would interact with each other given how her brother and him fought long ago.

She's got real sass while Piccolo is mostly the straight man to every other serious fighter's nonsense.

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:45 pm

I would like to see Videl growing up as a child and see the background story of her mother.

More about Yamcha and Tenshinhan when they are not with the Z warriors.

Krillin's Family but I think DBSuper has some of it

Uulong and Puar are practically ignored since cell saga xD