Dragon Ball Magic? *RUMOR*

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Magic? *RUMOR*

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:31 pm

Toxin45 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:25 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:20 pm
Toxin45 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:05 pm
i doubt that since they are working on this web project about shin and kid goku with it being 45 minute 15 episodes.
A 15 episode web series seems more manageable than an ongoing television series that’s adapting the work of someone who isn’t Akita Toriyama.
Toriyama is the one who supervises the manga
But the writing and much of the story ideas are from Toyatoro, aren’t they?

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:32 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:31 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:20 pm

A 15 episode web series seems more manageable than an ongoing television series that’s adapting the work of someone who isn’t Akita Toriyama.
Toriyama also the one who came up with the heeters and helps out with the manga sometimes

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:36 pm

Toxin45 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:32 pm

Toriyama also the one who came up with the heeters and helps out with the manga sometimes
All I’m saying is I don’t think it’s implausible that Toei might not see much value in bringing back their ongoing anime series just to adapt the manga content. What other explanation would one give for why the anime hasn’t been brought back after five and a half years?

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:41 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:36 pm

All I’m saying is I don’t think it’s implausible that Toei might not see much value in bringing back their ongoing anime series just to adapt the manga content. What other explanation would one give for why the anime hasn’t been brought back after five and a half years?
That they wanted a 40th anniversary to celebrate dragon ball for og stuff in a side project just to test out the return of dbs adapting the broly,Moro,Granolah,and superhero in tv shows to give them more money

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:02 am

Toxin45 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:41 pm

That they wanted a 40th anniversary to celebrate dragon ball for og stuff in a side project just to test out the return of dbs adapting the broly,Moro,Granolah,and superhero in tv shows to give them more money
If that’s what they’re doing, then I would assume the anime wouldn’t come back until 2025 at the earliest. The Broly movie in particular came out all the way back in 2018. Why would anyone get excited about a more poorly animated adaptation of a movie that came out back in a pre-pandemic world?

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:04 am

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:02 am
Toxin45 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:41 pm

If that’s what they’re doing, then I would assume the anime wouldn’t come back until 2025 at the earliest. The Broly movie in particular came out all the way back in 2018. Why would anyone get excited about a more poorly animated adaptation of a movie that came out back in a pre-pandemic world?
Because they would improve upon it with new tech for the db web anime magic stuff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:10 am

Some people are saying that Moro & Granolah cannot be "legally" adapted, I wonder how true this is. These arcs are gonna be manga exclusive for a looooong time.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:16 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:10 am Some people are saying that Moro & Granolah cannot be "legally" adapted, I wonder how true this is. These arcs are gonna be manga exclusive for a looooong time.
How so? I can’t really think of anything preventing a TV adaptation of them.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:46 am

I really hope Toei tone it down with Goku being a idiot, if this Dragon Ball Magic is real.
DBS Goku Anime and DBS Super Heroes movie Goku is nothing like his DB/DBZ anime version and manga version.

In DBS Anime Goku was expected to say and do dumb things, even when his scenes were short in DBS Super Heroes movie.

As for the Granolah and Moro chapter, since they are manga exclusive, that is why games don't use characters and forms from those chapters.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:32 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:16 am
Xeogran wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:10 am Some people are saying that Moro & Granolah cannot be "legally" adapted, I wonder how true this is. These arcs are gonna be manga exclusive for a looooong time.
The Iyoku situation maybe? He's in charge of V-Jump and all.

danyq94

Post by danyq94 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:42 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:32 am
Apparently Shueisha would not give the rights to Toei to animate the manga to date, probably because they want to wait until there are more story arcs (my theory).
Iyoku had, according to sources, wanted a return of the anime for a few years already, and this conflicted with Shueisha's executives, so much so that Iyoku opened CC Tokyo, which would be in charge of the animated side (and also the video games, given that the latter follow the animated products) of the franchise.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:34 am

Oh right, this may also be the series where Goku finally gets his blue gi.
Maybe he gets to wear it after being turned into a kid as a sneaky GT reference, and then decides to stay with it after he gets his adult body back.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:47 am

danyq94 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:42 am
Apparently Shueisha would not give the rights to Toei to animate the manga to date, probably because they want to wait until there are more story arcs (my theory).
Interesting. What is your source for that so that I can read more about it?

danyq94

Post by danyq94 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:29 am

Jord wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:47 am
danyq94 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:42 am
Interesting. What is your source for that so that I can read more about it?
These are the words of leakers or self-styled leakers, including DBSHype and SuperChronicles.
So always take my words with a grain of salt.
But following the logic it makes sense that it would be so, because Toei would never pass up the return of a franchise that bills a lot even without an anime to propel the manga.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:08 am

This sounds more interesting than "Super season 2" for sure, although Shin being included AND turned into child with Goku is so random. Who cares about Shin anyway? Any other character would be more interesting than him honestly. But we will see. A fact this would be web anime is something we never had. All previous series were similar, this one might be something completely different. Let's hope rumors are true and we are getting something really good this time.

And PLEASE give Goku new gi, or the blue one from EoZ at least. I can't stand seeing him wearing the same outfit all time. I will never forgive DBS for getting rid of RoF outfits after U6 tournament arc. They were so good.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:11 am

So, this 6-month retelling of a movie everybody has already watched is actually delaying the return of the anime?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:39 am

the moro and granola arcs will be adapted when the production committee feels like it's the time to adapt them. it's not complicated. if this supposed series is real and exists and any of these details are correct, neither one of them are particularly specialized to be a celebrate of forty years of the franchise like a specifically crafted adventure story would be.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:56 am

Bardock God of Time wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:43 pm

I mean Super takes place before End of Z, isn't that already confusing for the mainstream audience?
Why would it be? People get that it takes place after the last significant event of Z (the defeat of Majin Buu) if they even remember/are aware how Z ended they can figure out Super takes place before the epilogue.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:03 pm

I don't know what the fuck is going on with this, honestly. Complete mixed messages. Half the shit in the "leak" sounds like a fan's pipe dream. Toriyama is SUPER INVOLVED U GUYS, and all the BEST animators are on this, and there's NO SUPER. We even gave it a different name and diluted the brand just to make sure you know there's NO SUPER, because reasons. Reimagining GT concepts is something I've been friendly to for a while, but this is the ultimate monkey's-paw stupid way to do it. Keeping it before Uub and the babification of Goku? No, fuck off, that's so stupid. Why are we supposed to believe there are legal complications preventing them from just making more of the normal show? Why are we just assuming they "can't" do the manga rather than because adapting a monthly ongoing manga is still a supremely stupid idea (seriously, it seems like people want bad pacing and filler shit)? I'm surprised that anyone with credibility is even talking about this.

Whether it's real or not, it probably shouldn't be real, because every idea it's putting out beyond vague "there are adventures" and "new characters" (which every new Dragon Ball story has) sounds completely worthless.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:22 pm

Shaddy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:03 pm I don't know what the fuck is going on with this, honestly. Complete mixed messages. Half the shit in the "leak" sounds like a fan's pipe dream. Toriyama is SUPER INVOLVED U GUYS, and all the BEST animators are on this, and there's NO SUPER. We even gave it a different name and diluted the brand just to make sure you know there's NO SUPER, because reasons. Reimagining GT concepts is something I've been friendly to for a while, but this is the ultimate monkey's-paw stupid way to do it. Keeping it before Uub and the babification of Goku? No, fuck off, that's so stupid. Why are we supposed to believe there are legal complications preventing them from just making more of the normal show? Why are we just assuming they "can't" do the manga rather than because adapting a monthly ongoing manga is still a supremely stupid idea (seriously, it seems like people want bad pacing and filler shit)? I'm surprised that anyone with credibility is even talking about this.

Whether it's real or not, it probably shouldn't be real, because every idea it's putting out beyond vague "there are adventures" and "new characters" (which every new Dragon Ball story has) sounds completely worthless.
This post is so fucking awesome.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: