What is the best GT video game experience?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

What is the best GT video game experience?

Post by songohan619 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:01 am

So, sometimes I crave to experience a little bit of DBGT, and I love playing video games! So, I was wondering what is the best way to get my "GT-fix" from the video game world?

The options I can come up with on the top of my head is:

-Dragon Ball GT Transformations (which I`ve heard is a pretty poor game, heheh...)
-Dragon Ball Infinite World (Which has at least the last part of GT as a short part of the story-mode)
-Xenoverse 2? (Does any of the story-modes touch GT? I know there are GT-characters in the game)
-FighterZ (Has some GT-characters, and looks wonderful)
-Sparking Meteor (Has GT as part of the story mode)
-Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission (Which has GT-characters at least! Not sure if the story touches GT-stuff...)

What are your thoughts? What is the best DBGT video game experience? How do you get you "GT-fix"? And do you relate to the feeling of wanting to experience something from GT, but not wanting to watch the series again because it... well, it`s never as good as you want it to be?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: What is the best GT video game experience?

Post by Xeogran » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:22 am

GT Transformations is fun all things considered. It's a beat em up instead of the LoG styled adventure (which would work great for a GT game), but it was an enjoyable playthrough for me. And it has some post game modes too and unlockable new characters, plus a Boss Rush and all.

Ultimate Tenkaichi for all it's faults, has a nicely done boss battle gainst Oozaru Baby Vegeta, albeit with your CaC instead of SSJ4 Goku. And a secret one against

Dragon Ball Heroes Ultimate Mission X for 3DS would be my personal choice here, not only it goes through the entire GT story, but it also has stuff that you don't often see like Lord Luud, all Rildo forms,, all 7 Shadow Dragons and even What-Ifs. It's only in Japanese, but I'd say it's the best one.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: What is the best GT video game experience?

Post by sangofe » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:18 pm

Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout. Nah, just kidding.I was very hyped out when it came out in france called "Dragon Ball: Final Bout" during 1997, though. Super hyped when I got it in my mail box after my grandma picked it up for me and send it to Norway!