"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by mecha3000 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:39 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:49 pm Do you guys think we'll get some BT4 news at NYCC?
Wouldn't bet on it, but maybe. They might want that to be reserved for Dragon Ball Magic (if legit), or whatever it's called. Speaking of which, I'm excited at the prospect of Super and MAGIC characters being playable in BT4.

The one thing I really love about modern Dragon Ball games is that they actually have a plethora of new material to draw from. Not only will we be getting characters like the Gammas and Cell Max, but if rumors are true, BT4 will most likely include Kid Goku (Magic) and Kid Supreme Kai (Magic), along with the demon that turned them into kids, and other new Magic characters (maybe even story mode content based around it). Again, if the rumors are true.

This scenario is extremely likely since Dragon Ball Magic will be animated with voices, unlike the Moro Arc and Granola Arc being off limits for use in, well, anything. One thing I'm also curious about is does this mean no more Kid Goku (GT) in the games or will they include him along with Kid Goku (Magic) like the two Brolys in the games? I guess you'd still have to differentiate them due to one having access to Ultra Instinct.

And I really hope that the Moro Arc onwards material is adapted into anime so we can have it in the games. Moro, Merus, Seven-three, Granola, Gas, Ultra Ego Vegeta, and Black Frieza would be welcome in the game, even as DLC characters.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:02 pm

mecha3000 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:39 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:49 pm Do you guys think we'll get some BT4 news at NYCC?
Wouldn't bet on it, but maybe. They might want that to be reserved for Dragon Ball Magic (if legit), or whatever it's called. Speaking of which, I'm excited at the prospect of Super and MAGIC characters being playable in BT4.

The one thing I really love about modern Dragon Ball games is that they actually have a plethora of new material to draw from. Not only will we be getting characters like the Gammas and Cell Max, but if rumors are true, BT4 will most likely include Kid Goku (Magic) and Kid Supreme Kai (Magic), along with the demon that turned them into kids, and other new Magic characters (maybe even story mode content based around it). Again, if the rumors are true.

This scenario is extremely likely since Dragon Ball Magic will be animated with voices, unlike the Moro Arc and Granola Arc being off limits for use in, well, anything. One thing I'm also curious about is does this mean no more Kid Goku (GT) in the games or will they include him along with Kid Goku (Magic) like the two Brolys in the games? I guess you'd still have to differentiate them due to one having access to Ultra Instinct.

And I really hope that the Moro Arc onwards material is adapted into anime so we can have it in the games. Moro, Merus, Seven-three, Granola, Gas, Ultra Ego Vegeta, and Black Frieza would be welcome in the game, even as DLC characters.
At first BT4 being at CC didn't seem likely but a week ago they announced that Bandai would have DB related things during NYCC as well. I'm thinking, what'd be the point of showing up if you only had 2 video games (1 just being DLC) and figurines to show off. I know I'm grasping at straws (lol) but I really hope they don't make us wait 3 or 6 more months for another trailer.

Also, depending on the stage of development this game is in, Dragon Ball magic being in the base game would be unlikely. That's why we missed Universe 6 making it into Xenoverse's base game. I personally think the only things they have done are Goku, a bit of Namek, and backend content because the only thing we know about this game is that it's in early development, and that explains the lack of updates.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:00 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:02 pm At first BT4 being at CC didn't seem likely but a week ago they announced that Bandai would have DB related things during NYCC as well. I'm thinking, what'd be the point of showing up if you only had 2 video games (1 just being DLC) and figurines to show off. I know I'm grasping at straws (lol) but I really hope they don't make us wait 3 or 6 more months for another trailer.

Also, depending on the stage of development this game is in, Dragon Ball magic being in the base game would be unlikely. That's why we missed Universe 6 making it into Xenoverse's base game. I personally think the only things they have done are Goku, a bit of Namek, and backend content because the only thing we know about this game is that it's in early development, and that explains the lack of updates.
I actually think if anything, Dragon Ball Magic characters WILL appear in BT4 because Bandai probably is already well aware of Magic and has been for a while, so at the very least, I think Goku (Magic) will be in the base game or a DLC close to launch.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:53 pm

I didn't believe it at first (or I didn't want to lmao) but as the months go by, I'm beginning to think what we saw in that trailer was made specifically for Battle Hour and was basically them just saying "Guess what we're developing! Stay Tuned!" Maybe to gauge interest or something? I'm not sure...I've seen that theory going around and it makes sense but I really didn't want to believe that was the case lol.

The only thing we know about it is that it's in early development and that's also the only thing that explains the unusual-for-a-DB-game silence, but right now my main question is "How long?". Like at first I thought it was either shortly after breakers released or during Breaker's late stages of development, but that's almost a year, and that'd be more than enough for a vertical slice, right?

So yeah. Now I'm thinking, it must have started development somewhere between January and February? And we really do have to wait until next March or even longer for some info.
mecha3000 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:00 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:02 pm At first BT4 being at CC didn't seem likely but a week ago they announced that Bandai would have DB related things during NYCC as well. I'm thinking, what'd be the point of showing up if you only had 2 video games (1 just being DLC) and figurines to show off. I know I'm grasping at straws (lol) but I really hope they don't make us wait 3 or 6 more months for another trailer.

I actually think if anything, Dragon Ball Magic characters WILL appear in BT4 because Bandai probably is already well aware of Magic and has been for a while, so at the very least, I think Goku (Magic) will be in the base game or a DLC close to launch.
Maybe a pre-order bonus?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:06 pm

"Kid Goku (Magic Daima)" will be included as an alternate outfit for "Kid Goku (GT)." 8)
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:33 pm

I honestly wouldn't mind if it didn't release until at least fall of 2024 so we don't end up with another Raging Blast 1 scenario.

God, that camera. *shudders*
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:03 am

Kaboom wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:06 pm "Kid Goku (Magic)" will be included as an alternate outfit for "Kid Goku (GT)." 8)
I don't understand this post.
Is it supposed to be humor, a fake rumor, or what, since you put it in quotes?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:12 pm

Apparently, Bandai trademarked the title Sparking Zero last month

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:03 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:12 pm Apparently, Bandai trademarked the title Sparking Zero last month
Is that a good sign that we might get something during NYCC?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:43 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:03 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:12 pm Apparently, Bandai trademarked the title Sparking Zero last month
I could see the web anime getting a trailer and BT4 honestly.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:40 pm

Anyone else think this game may be doing what Naruto X Boruto Storm Connections seems to be doing to achieve it's large roster?
i.e repurposing their existing HD character models from the previous games cut down on the amount of characters they would need to build from scratch?

Obviously they can't reused the original BT3 models as base, However..

With the exception Shin, Babidi, Evil Boo, Garlic Jr, Spopovich, Wheelo, Hirudegarn, and "Freeza Soider",Raging Blast 2 had every Z era character from BT3 playable, along with a few new one's like Cooler's Squadron, and the movie 7 androids.

If they took this route, It would leave only characters from DBS and GT whom they would need to make completely from scratch (and DB, though granted how the teaser trailer was presented, i fear characters from og Dragon Ball might be getting shafted :( )

Given how game development works nowadays, This is the only way i can see the game exceeding Xenoverse 2's roster like Geekdom's "sources" claim.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:20 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:43 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:03 pm
I could see the web anime getting a trailer and BT4 honestly.
I was thinking the same thing, but that honestly seems too good to be true. Then again, why would they trademark it for the US so close to NYCC? Could have done it way before or after. Maybe they plan to talk about the game during Comic Con and have finally picked out a Western name for it?

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:50 pm

Looks like our next chance for another look at BT4 will be either Jump Festa in December or DB Battle Games Hour in January. Both are pretty close at this point so the wait won't be too long.

Pretty sure Dragon Ball Daima characters will make it into the game too, especially if both DBD (makes me think of Dragon Ball Dissection) and BT4 both release at the same time.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:02 pm

mecha3000 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:50 pm Looks like our next chance for another look at BT4 will be either Jump Festa in December or DB Battle Games Hour in January. Both are pretty close at this point so the wait won't be too long.

Pretty sure Dragon Ball Daima characters will make it into the game too, especially if both DBD (makes me think of Dragon Ball Dissection) and BT4 both release at the same time.
They're being really annoying about it. That would be a year since the first announcement and if we don't even get anything there then my next theory is that something is going wrong with it.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:49 pm

https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_2173.html

Hirano: I would also like fans to understand that we work on these games as a team.
It’s not every title for itself; we are all on the Dragon Ball Games team. Everyone works together to make Dragon Ball games that fans can look forward to. Right now, we have THAT new release coming up...

Hiroki: Oh, yeah that’s right! A new release! Stay tuned for that!
Also, we hold the DRAGON BALL Games Battle Hour event every year, and 2024 will be no different. Personally, I’d love to keep holding this event for as long as possible, so if you’re interested, please check out the past archives!

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:37 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:49 pm https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_2173.html

Hirano: I would also like fans to understand that we work on these games as a team.
It’s not every title for itself; we are all on the Dragon Ball Games team. Everyone works together to make Dragon Ball games that fans can look forward to. Right now, we have THAT new release coming up...

Hiroki: Oh, yeah that’s right! A new release! Stay tuned for that!
Also, we hold the DRAGON BALL Games Battle Hour event every year, and 2024 will be no different. Personally, I’d love to keep holding this event for as long as possible, so if you’re interested, please check out the past archives!
At first I thought it was about the card game but then I remembered there'd be no need to call it "that" game lol.

I always figured the development teams all contributed to the Dragon Ball games. Dragon Ball Legends and Xenoverse share some voice lines after all. And I'm sure there are some other things they do that we just haven't noticed.

I wonder how much they're helping Spike with BT4, though. Like, is it just a few assets or are they providing references for characters and concepts for mechanics and stuff.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:39 pm

It would be cool to see some gameplay footage of this new Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi game. I hope it turns out good.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:19 pm

Can't believe that so far all we have about the new Sparking! Zero is just a teaser that doesn't show much about the game... Well, guess we'll have to wait until mid-2024...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:17 pm

sangofe wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:03 am
Kaboom wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:06 pm "Kid Goku (Magic)" will be included as an alternate outfit for "Kid Goku (GT)." 8)
I don't understand this post.
Is it supposed to be humor, a fake rumor, or what, since you put it in quotes?
It's clearly supposed to be a joke, man.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:38 pm

I really hate it when companies announce games in early development.