What direction do you think Dragon ball would take if these mangaka were to write for 1 major saga

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

What direction do you think Dragon ball would take if these mangaka were to write for 1 major saga

Post by Seekeroftruth » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:35 am

Let's suppose each of these mangaka were allowed to write 1 full story arc that follows off from the Granola arc in Dragon Ball Super, what direct do you think they would take Dragon Ball as a series? Do you think it would be better or worse than what we have now?

1. Masashi Kishimoto - who is the creator of Naruto.

2.Eiichiro Oda - who is the creator of One Piece

3. One - One Punch man creator

4. Tite Kubo - Bleach manga creator

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: What direction do you think Dragon ball would take if these mangaka were to write for 1 major saga

Post by Xeogran » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:52 am

Oda strikes me like the person who would make an arc about Universe 9. We already had a sneak peak of that Universe being entirely mishandled, so Sidra, being the one to blame for it, would be the arc's main villain. It would be a good time to test the Z-Fighters in a real match against God of Destruction (perhaps the weakest one, but still a GoD). Trio de Danger would be involved of course, as would the other participants we know ( it helps that Sorrel looks like Carrot :P )

It would end with the selection of a new U9 God, one who takes a better care of his world. In the background, Daishinkan would get even more interested in U7 after this, being aware of the power and influence they possess. U7's mortal ranking increases again (much like the bounties in One Piece)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: What direction do you think Dragon ball would take if these mangaka were to write for 1 major saga

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:28 am

Seekeroftruth wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:35 am
3. One - One Punch man creator
That's Yusuke Murata(and Kim Yung Gi) not One.

This is One Image

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:12 am

Oda would bring in every single one of Goku's friends, past and present, and at least 20 distinct named new ally characters, and have the Big Bad come in with a full army of distinct minions so that every single one of them would get a one-on-one fight. The arc would become the longest arc in Dragon Ball history.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:53 pm

Vegard Aune wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:12 am Oda would bring in every single one of Goku's friends, past and present, and at least 20 distinct named new ally characters, and have the Big Bad come in with a full army of distinct minions so that every single one of them would get a one-on-one fight. The arc would become the longest arc in Dragon Ball history.
And Goku alone would defeat the big bad with the power of friendship (but without anyone actually contributing tangibly to the fight, that's too difficult to write, just have Kuririn scream "Goku!?" while he's KO and he punches the villain really hard).

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:01 pm

I always love it when people confuse HIDEO KOJIMA with EICHIIRO ODA. Its hilarious. Hideo has been just about everything, including the terrorist that killed a Prime Minister.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: