Dragon Ball Daima (2024)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Daima (2024)

Post by super michael » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:00 pm

There is Avatar UI also, a technique that Goku demonstrated against Moro and Gas. That technique is useful against giant characters.
Imagine if Goku had that in the ToP, he can easily throw his opponent out of bound.

UI has these benefits:

- Auto dodging
- Auto hardening
- No weak spot

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:03 pm

Toriyama takes a risk and makes Goku grow up. He gives him a wife and kids. He has a significant time skip and makes Goku a grandpa. Now suddenly, Toriyama doesn't want anyone to get older. Heck, he's had everyone age in reverse.

It sounds like he wishes he had given Goku a case of Ketchum Syndrome, and just making him eternally a child.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:11 pm

Psajdak wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:23 pm Nobody gives a fuck about Uub, Pan, Goten, Trunks, Bra and Marron.

The only thing girls have going for them is their Rule34 fanart.
Damn sweetie, do they sell sympathy amd empathy for women at whatever store you bought that bad attitude at?
Last edited by JulieYBM on Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:18 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:11 pm Damn sweetie, do they sell sympathy amd empathy for womem at whatever store you bought that bad attitude at?
I don't consider anime / manga women the same as real women, same for male characters.
They are drawings.

They are fap material first, and foremost.

The most you will see of Pan is on sites like Gelbooru, and Sankaku Complex.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:25 pm

Psajdak wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:18 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:11 pm Damn sweetie, do they sell sympathy amd empathy for womem at whatever store you bought that bad attitude at?
I don't consider anime / manga women the same as real women, same for male characters.
They are drawings.

I really doubt people watch anime for that reason. People like seeing their favorite character involved in the story.
There are people that wants to see the humans fight, since they are their favorite.

Goten and Trunks were great characters in DBZ and DBS Manga. Pan was great in DBS Super Heros and DBS Manga.

I hate seeing great characters reduced to the role of not being allowed. Now in this case they have been turned into babies, which likely means no adventure.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:54 pm

Lukmendes wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:55 pm It was never really called "Mastered Ultra Instinct", just "Ultra Instinct", the fan nickname likely comes from I think an episode called "Mastering Ultra Instinct", or at least I think there was one... The manga version even has this moment where Whis explicitly says Goku didn't master it in ToP.

Though yeah, UI was talked like it could match the gods, with Jiren even being heavily implied at least to be stronger than Belmond, but I'm not sure if the manga did it... Even if it did it'd be yet another case of Beerus being quietly buffed so Goku doesn't match him, something that's been going on since RoF lol.
Episode 129 was called "A Transcendent Limit Break! Autonomous Ultra Instinct Mastered!", and in the episode itself, Beerus stated that Goku had "completed" UI right in the very last scene.

On top of this, Jiren in the Anime was established by Whis (a literal Angel and a good judge of character) to be stronger than Belmod, who in turn is established as stronger than Beerus:

So the Anime ending is perfect conclusion for the Super "main storyline", because:

- It clearly establishes that Jiren is stronger than Beerus/GoDs (and this is BEFORE he breaks his own limits in ep 130);
- It clearly establishes that Goku has mastered UI, with Beerus and the other GoDs even being in awe of him;
- Since Goku defeated Jiren, the Anime kind of implies that Goku has surpassed Beerus too (thus resolving the rivalry set up in BoG), so there's no need for an actual rematch at that point...
- The Anime never alludes to Beerus and the GoDs having their own counterpart of UI in Ultra Ego. In the Anime, the GoDs are chasing after UI and Toppo's GoD mode is unique to him as an imperfect/apprentice GoD.

So this is why I am not at all saddened that the Super anime isn't adapting the Manga-only arcs, at least for foreseeable future.

Basically, when I rewatch the Anime, I don't feel like part of the story is missing, nor do I feel like I need Moro/Granolah arcs animated to better understand the story. In fact, I feel like Ep. 131 is simply the perfect conclusion for the main storyline of Super.

So this is why I don't share this urgent need to have the manga-only arcs animated. Because I think that Ep. 131 works perfectly as a conclusion to the "main storyline" of Super (aka the arcs that are adapted in both mediums), and I am ready to move on with Dragon Ball Daima.
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:04 pm

Psajdak wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:18 pm
They are drawings.

Except you're ignoring the role that representation that these characters play in media, especially media aimed at children, which is what Dragon Ball typically is. Saying 'nobody cares' is such a largely baseless and presumptive statement to make, and earns you zero sympathy with your fellow community members.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:07 pm

Nobody gives a fuck about Uub, Pan, Goten, Trunks, Bra and Marron.

This is very problematic and serious, but for once, I'll keep myself quiet. Just... Just get help.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:09 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:23 pm I'm just saying that, at this moment, that line still works. Because you often see people saying that it doesn't. The only scenarios for that line to not work anymore is if you take the manga sagas into account (I think Goku and Bulma see each other in Granolah saga, and that takes place in AGE 781), or if you are one of these people who take everything to the letter, without considering the possibility of characters rounding up or down something (which is something you must assume in some occasions in order to avoid issues).
Now that you said it, yeah, Super Broly takes place in 780, and the only animation that comes after it is Super Hero
I just wonder about Vegeta, maybe he wasn't there before as well and Bulma's comment was rather a reminder.
-
I don't think that making the cast younger means that they won't try to make the "new generation" take the lead from now on
Also, do you guys referr to Bra and Marron as fighters? If so, lol no, not happening, they would be at best support characters as Bulma, Karin, Dende and any other character that does anything except for fighting.

But before, I see them trying to get rid of Black Freeza first before developing anything related to the new gen.
-
I wonder if the "creating a new Super continuity" could actually be a in-universe thing too, with the two villains traveling back in time and trying to rewrite story from that point, preventing Beerus and Super from happening.
I could see that happening, the two villains are watching events from the Boo Saga after all, that screams time travel related stuff for me.

Also I'm still thinking if this doesn't have something to do with our good old trend of Z sagas parallels, we got Fukkatsu no F as a callback to the Freeza saga, Super Hero to the Androids / Cell Saga, and now we are getting stuff from Boo Saga.

Also, what if they didn't show Gohan because his kid design would be the same from Saiyajins-Middle Cell Saga? Kid Yamcha got his long hair back, Trunks his baby bonnet, even Gyumao is wearing his old helmet again, I believe that's quite possible.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:13 pm

Concerning some questionable material a few posts back, I don't think they're going to last long in here.
mecha3000 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:11 amAlso, no more excuses, if this isn't a web series and does end up airing on streaming or TV, it NEEDS to be aired on kids networks/channels. The fact that Dragon Ball Super didn't air on Disney XD or Nickelodeon back in 2017 and how Funimation added more cursing to make it seem more adult was ridiculous to me.
Hmmm, it seems pointless at this stage of the game. And originally, this was the medium where DB was completely eviscerated for the long term back when it arrived (for the 2nd time) in the US.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:30 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:04 pm Except you're ignoring the role that representation that these characters play in media, especially media aimed at children, which is what Dragon Ball typically is. Saying 'nobody cares' is such a largely baseless and presumptive statement to make, and earns you zero sympathy with your fellow community members.
Gelbooru - 36921 pic
Rule34 - 65390 pics
Sankaku Complex - 135500 pics
Danbooru - 17000 pics

Media aimed at children.

As for my "nobody cares", I mean, yeah, I am sure there are some that do, like 15 of them in the world, maybe more for Goten and Trunks, but overall they just don't matter.

On MyAnimeList for instance, Uub is so popular that he has 29 favs.
Impressive.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:39 pm

Seekeroftruth wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:15 pm And now they are turning them into kids as a call back to DB:GT.
Why do people keep saying that? That has already been debunked, they've already said that their inspirations don't go beyond Dai no Daibouken, Jujutsu Kaisen and another anime that I don't remember, that's pretty annoying as several sites also are spreading that misinformation of being a "canon GT".
Psajdak wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:30 pm Gelbooru - 36921 pic
Rule34 - 65390 pics
Sankaku Complex - 135500 pics
Danbooru - 17000 pics

Media aimed at children.

As for my "nobody cares", I mean, yeah, I am sure there are some that do, like 15 of them in the world, maybe more for Goten and Trunks, but overall they just don't matter.

On MyAnimeList for instance, Uub is so popular that he has 29 favs.
Impressive.
...the fuck is going on, I might still be sleeping, if not, I don't think that's the thread you should be discussing such thing (I don't even think that there's a thread to be discussing these stuff in first place, idk, just, this doesn't fit here)
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:54 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:07 pm
Nobody gives a fuck about Uub, Pan, Goten, Trunks, Bra and Marron.

This is very problematic and serious, but for once, I'll keep myself quiet. Just... Just get help.
The world is an ugly and unjust place and I hate to say it but:
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:41 pm

Hiroki Takahashi (Makafushigi Adventure singer) teased Daima back in July. He also made a tweet when it was announced. Could they be bringing him back for Daima?

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:06 pm

I think the best thing to do is wait until Dragon Ball Daima is out, then we can says how it is. I am hoping it turns out good.
I will give it a fair chance.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:12 pm

Some people are saying Daima can't take place before Super because Kaioshin/Kibito are defused but that doesn't matter. They could have asked their wish sooner. Although the most likely scenario is that the de-aging spell forced them to defuse, because there's no younger Kibitoshin...

Saw this on twitter:

I find suspect how important Buu arc events seem to be in the teaser and how Beerus/Whis aren't shown. Granted we don't see Gohan/Videl either but Beerus/Whis have been pretty much the main faces of modern Dragon Ball.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:26 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:12 pm Some people are saying Daima can't take place before Super because Kaioshin/Kibito are defused but that doesn't matter. They could have asked their wish sooner. Although the most likely scenario is that the de-aging spell forced them to defuse, because there's no younger Kibitoshin...

Saw this on twitter:

I find suspect how important Buu arc events seem to be in the teaser and how Beerus/Whis aren't shown. Granted we don't see Gohan/Videl either but Beerus/Whis have been pretty much the main faces of modern Dragon Ball.
I wouldn't mind if Daima started a new timeline post BOG or even post yo son goku like this says.

With everyone talking about the tails I wonder if that was intentional so create a new version of ss4.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:31 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:26 pm
FortuneSSJ wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:12 pm Some people are saying Daima can't take place before Super because Kaioshin/Kibito are defused but that doesn't matter. They could have asked their wish sooner. Although the most likely scenario is that the de-aging spell forced them to defuse, because there's no younger Kibitoshin...

Saw this on twitter:

I wouldn't mind if Daima started a new timeline post BOG or even post yo son goku like this says.

With everyone talking about the tails I wonder if that was intentional so create a new version of ss4.
I saw the video multiple times and I didn't see any tail on Goku, Vegeta, Goten and Trunks. We know for sure Goku and Vegeta used to have a tail and as kids their tail used to grow back.

Gohan used to have a tail and was able to grow back once at least. I know he didn't appear in the video.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:40 pm

How do you guys feel about the theory that this is more of a fun little spinoff than an actual continuation of Dragon Ball? (eg. Naruto Rock Lee series or Attack on Titan high school)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:54 pm

super michael wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:31 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:26 pm

Saw this on twitter:

I saw the video multiple times and I didn't see any tail on Goku, Vegeta, Goten and Trunks. We know for sure Goku and Vegeta used to have a tail and as kids their tail used to grow back.

Gohan used to have a tail and was able to grow back once at least. I know he didn't appear in the video.
There's no tails in the trailer but I was saying I wonder if that was intentional because the tails will be needed later.