Bootleg dragon ball movie discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Bootleg dragon ball movie discussion

Post by Dragon ball master » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:04 pm

Dragon ball win son goku, fight son goku, and Dragon Ball the magic begins lets discuss them

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: Bootleg dragon ball movie discussion

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:34 pm

Don't forget Super Kid

Still want to watch all of these. Any even close to Dragon Ball in terms of entertainment?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:55 am

Dragon ball master wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:04 pm Dragon ball win son goku, fight son goku, and Dragon Ball the magic begins lets discuss them
Do you have anything to add to kick off the discussion? Have you seen them? What did you like or not like about them? Were there any particularly inspired casting choices? How about the musical scores? Special effects? Storyline adaptations?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:55 pm

I see some clips of the movies and. They're weird, The magic begins is a retelling of curse the blood rubies. And win son goku, fight, son goku is the first saga. They have their original music and it's kind of good. There are some differences, but I'm just pointing out the most noticeable. In the magic begins, Grandpa gohan is still alive. And the ending for both of the films is really different. And also super kid is kinda dragon ball. The effects for win son goku are actually really good. But they've got actual explosives. There's a minecart chase with fireworks. The magic begins has two Versions, there's the original and the ultimate edition. The ultimate Adds more CGI effects for the movie.
Both of the movies are really accurate To most of the Original source material.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:03 pm

I saw the Magic Begins and even though its budget was low I really enjoyed it. It felt like a quest/Tokusastsu style film.

The dude who played Master Roshi was shameless and fun to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8NtVoutAaw
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:14 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:34 pm Don't forget Super Kid

Still want to watch all of these. Any even close to Dragon Ball in terms of entertainment?
No way, you just unlocked a very old memory like coming from a dream. I must watch that movie again in my adulthood, I was not even sure about if such memory was real. I don't think they ever showed that in Mexican tv but thankfully I was kid with access to Cartoon network. I guess I wanted to say thank you, sorry English is not my native.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:09 pm

Speaking of the magic begins its watchable on tubi tv.