Dragon Ball Daima (2024)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lukmendes
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Daima (2024)

Post by Lukmendes » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:39 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:54 pm Episode 129 was called "A Transcendent Limit Break! Autonomous Ultra Instinct Mastered!", and in the episode itself, Beerus stated that Goku had "completed" UI right in the very last scene.

On top of this, Jiren in the Anime was established by Whis (a literal Angel and a good judge of character) to be stronger than Belmod, who in turn is established as stronger than Beerus:

So the Anime ending is perfect conclusion for the Super "main storyline", because:

- It clearly establishes that Jiren is stronger than Beerus/GoDs (and this is BEFORE he breaks his own limits in ep 130);
- It clearly establishes that Goku has mastered UI, with Beerus and the other GoDs even being in awe of him;
- Since Goku defeated Jiren, the Anime kind of implies that Goku has surpassed Beerus too (thus resolving the rivalry set up in BoG), so there's no need for an actual rematch at that point...
Completing UI isn't the same thing as mastering.

Just the fact Goku can't use UI at will alone is already enough evidence he didn't master it, and even if a point were to be made that he mastered while it's active, well, I find that hard to believe when it blew up on Goku.

As far the other points, again, Super has a habit of pushing Beerus' power upwards more and more, after all, Whis suggests all the way back in RoF that if Goku and Vegeta team up they could defeat Beerus, but then the anime talks like Goku Blue with 10x Kaioken is only around 10% of Beerus' power, and both the anime and manga don't use this plot point "They can be pretty strong when fighting together" when they fight Fused Zamasu (Though in Toriyama's original notes they were meant to), or against Jiren.
- The Anime never alludes to Beerus and the GoDs having their own counterpart of UI in Ultra Ego. In the Anime, the GoDs are chasing after UI and Toppo's GoD mode is unique to him as an imperfect/apprentice GoD.
Ultra Ego is an asspull even in the manga, since in the chapter that introduces it, Beerus talks like he doesn't need UI, even though in ToP Whis talked about training Beerus to use it, Beerus using it briefly on the fight against the other Gods of Destruction, and Beerus is shocked when Goku gets it before him.

But yeah, I understand your frustrations with the power scaling, I mind it less because it's normal for DB to do that so I'm basically used to it, I honestly find it more annoying that even Toriyama decided to make Goku more of a dumbass.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:15 pm

Beerus could simultaneously be training to use Ultra Instinct and have Ultra Ego in his back pocket. They have different utilities, after all. I wouldn't be surprised if they could even be combined into a single, ultimate transformation. Maybe if Goku and Vegeta and forced to fuse against a power enough opponent.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:41 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:15 pm Beerus could simultaneously be training to use Ultra Instinct and have Ultra Ego in his back pocket. They have different utilities, after all. I wouldn't be surprised if they could even be combined into a single, ultimate transformation. Maybe if Goku and Vegeta and forced to fuse against a power enough opponent.
That would be fine, but in chapter#68 Beerus talks like Ultra Instinct is Angels' specialty, and that gods of destruction don't use it (Saying "Did you think gods of destruction would run around using a moves where you keep your heart calm and tranquil?"), which basically means he doesn't use it, which's silly, they could always say that UI is something gods of destruction can use but don't prioritize simply because destruction is what they focus on.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:33 pm

Psajdak wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:23 pm Nobody gives a fuck about Uub, Pan, Goten, Trunks, Bra and Marron.

The only thing girls have going for them is their Rule34 fanart.
I am the ONLY ONE who is SERIOUSLY MEGA creeped out by this post? Like "OH YEAH THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THESE LITERAL CHILDREN IS THE P*RN". Seriously THIS should be a way bigger deal. I cant believe this.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:47 pm

Psajdak wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:23 pm Nobody gives a fuck about Uub, Pan, Goten, Trunks, Bra and Marron.

The only thing girls have going for them is their Rule34 fanart.
Are you admiting that you enjoy rule 34 of underage characters?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:09 pm

welp, either it's time to lock the thread or ban that person from the forums

that is such a weird thing to say

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:14 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:47 pm Are you admiting that you enjoy rule 34 of underage characters?
No.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:21 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:09 pm welp, either it's time to lock the thread or ban that person from the forums

that is such a weird thing to say
I think it's even weirder for you knights to defend fictional characters most normal people fap to.

Like, are you really THAT much of incels?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:24 pm

You are the incel here, reducing female characters to fap fodder and getting angry when called out. You REALLY have no idea what the term even means. It's not "People I dont like" or "People I wanna insult". Its people that are seeing women as fuckdolls and only worth for fucking or for fapping over. And if they dont wanna fuck you they are worthless whores anyway.

You REALLY need to learn what words mean bub.

EDIT: Also lol @ "normal people" fapping to minors lol.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:36 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:24 pm You are the incel here, reducing female characters to fap fodder and getting angry when called out. You REALLY have no idea what the term even means. It's not "People I dont like" or "People I wanna insult". Its people that are seeing women as fuckdolls and only worth for fucking or for fapping over. And if they dont wanna fuck you they are worthless whores anyway.

You REALLY need to learn what words mean bub.

EDIT: Also lol @ "normal people" fapping to minors lol.
Don't worry, you will also fuck one day...

Hopefully.

In meantime, enjoy:

<Explicit image removed, user banned>

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:39 pm

Psajdak wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:21 pmI think it's even weirder for you knights to defend fictional characters most normal people fap to.
Like, are you really THAT much of incels?
Well, "being gross" isn't really an actionable offense for the forums (and one of the other mods can totally step in if they feel otherwise), but I'm still gonna ask you to keep this type of proclivity to yourself in the future, and for you (and everyone else) to do everyone a favor and move on from this particular off-topic tangent now.

EDIT: Well okay, never mind then. Carry on, everyone else!
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:57 pm

He's not showing up as banned.

Anyway, I want a tv deal for Daima in or out of Japan, I dont mind either. But I am more open to the idea of it being a web anime. AS LONG as its not a series of shorts.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:48 am

I doubt that Daima will be released in a single day, but I do hope that it is. It would be really interesting to see a Toei Animation series released in that way, especially for people who follow credits.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:00 am

:wtf: okay...
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:57 pm But I am more open to the idea of it being a web anime. AS LONG as its not a series of shorts.
Ajay's twitters says that the per episode length is going to be the standard 24 minutes format
About it being a web series or a TV series, there's literally 0 info on that, not even rumours unfortunately.

And eeeh, I don't see any good in the entire series releasing in a single day, I think that could be bad for both sides (fandom and company)
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:02 am

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:48 am I doubt that Daima will be released in a single day, but I do hope that it is. It would be really interesting to see a Toei Animation series released in that way, especially for people who follow credits.
I really dont like this idea. Anime builds hype via traditional weekly pacing, even if streamed. This sort of idea doesnt really work for anime.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:01 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:02 am
JulieYBM wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:48 am I doubt that Daima will be released in a single day, but I do hope that it is. It would be really interesting to see a Toei Animation series released in that way, especially for people who follow credits.
I really dont like this idea. Anime builds hype via traditional weekly pacing, even if streamed. This sort of idea doesnt really work for anime.
Toei isn't paying for my life-saving surgeries, so I ain't shilling their cartoon.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:11 am

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:01 am
Toei isn't paying for my breast augmentation surgery, so I ain't shilling their cartoon.
No one said you should, but that doesnt they should capitulate to what you want either. I really like you and I want to emphasize that while I disagree you are awesome.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:16 am

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:01 am
Toei isn't paying for my life-saving surgeries, so I ain't shilling their cartoon.
Congratulations and hope everything surgery goes great.

As for the all at once drop I don't know how popular binge watching is in Japan but a friend I have that lives in Jaan says that tv networks and studios love the year long weekly series so I can see at least 52 episodes.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:36 am

Not sure why you believe anime is different than other TV in this regard. Couldn't Daima become an event if it were to come out all at once, like how Netflix One Piece was an event?

Then again, Netflix One Piece is the beginning of the story and therefore bound to be more accessible than Daima.

Plus as you said, being a weekly series is a good hypebuilder.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:50 am

That's not an anime. I said anime. And I am still wary of just dumping an entire anime and just hope for the best without building up hype.

OOPS: Read your post more carefully and I apologize you already had the right idea, sorry.