How much do you see current DB character age in the near future?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jord
Advanced Regular

How much do you see current DB character age in the near future?

Post by Jord » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:04 am

Obviously inspired by Daima's announcement, one of my favorite things about DB is the aging of the characters. Seeing them grow, both mentally and physically. Some from kids to elderly age even, as seen in GT. It's honestly one of the things I like most about GT, seeing how the characters progress/wind down.

Current DB seems to be stuck between Buu and EoZ. Do you see those characters ever pass that age barrier again or do you think it's "exclusive" to GT? I'm obviously talking about main line anime/manga, not GT-specific content.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: How much do you see current DB character age in the near future?

Post by Grimlock » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:20 am

Well, even though we don't actually "see" it, it's not exclusive to Dragon Ball GT, Dragon Ball Online also have them older. At some point even older than they were in Dragon Ball GT.

Anyway, I can see them get pass it once Toriyama is not in the picture anymore, as he's the main reason we're stuck in this time period. Hopefully that happens real soon, as well as Dragon Ball Daima being a short thing so we can finally move forward.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:55 am

Not anytime soon I think. 2024 is Daima's year and I assume it might air a bit into 2025 too. Then probably another few years of break for the anime.
All while Toyotaro is coming up with manga arcs that are set after Super Hero but still before EoZ :think:

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:04 pm

They made it sound like a wish or a curse/magic spell upon the characters. In other words, something temporary.

We now too little of it.

I think daima is cool and the new look DB needs to appeal to new fans.

I also believe the time in between majin buu and end of Z is worthy to be explored. The more DB the better.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:53 pm

Considering how long it took to get anywhere close to EoZ, we might get there, but it could be years away. Goten and Trunks have finally shown to be older, and unless they are fine with completely retconning the events of EoZ (at a certain point Bulma's comments about Goku's absence make zero sense in the context of Super), they'll probably go past at some point because on top of everything else staying in that time period must be creatively limiting. I'd be eager to get past it because the sky's the limit considering we haven't seen anything in the main continuity past that time. I honestly think it would be refreshing and it seems like such low hanging fruit for a continuation. I'm sure it'll happen one day. Maybe do whatever the hell Daima is, animate the Super manga arcs, and then start anew with whatever happens after Goku takes off.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.