Dragon Ball Super: Manga Chapter 99 - Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Manga Chapter 99 - Official Discussion Thread

Post by Vegard Aune » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:41 am

obiwan23s wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:26 am I think the hate is mostly just from people who have grown impatient over this retelling and just want to move on to the next arc already. Overall the retelling isn't adding a ton of new material to the Super Hero story and since the movie had already been released before the manga version started people are just bored because they already know how it ends.
That does seem to be pretty much it, yeah. In isolation, merely taken as its own thing, the Super Hero arc is fine. It's funny, it gives focus to characters who are typically disappointingly sidelined, and honestly I think the pacing is fairly good even though this chapter probably could have trimmed a few pages to get to the Makankosappo...
But it is, ultimately, a story we have already said. And unlike the TV series arcs, it's mostly just the exact same thing. Which... personally I prefer that as it means we don't have two wildly different "official" takes on the exact same events that both share the same name... But even I can admit that it isn't the most engaging material in the world unless you didn't watch the movie.