"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by Thanos » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:52 am

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:47 pm This doesn't really look or feel any different than the games from fifteen years ago, but yay for Bergamo being playable!
I honestly find that refreshing, in comparison to Raging Blast which changed a lot of things for what seemed to be just for the sake of being different from the Sparking! games. All this really needs to be is that with better graphics and an updated roster and some mechanical adjustments (which has already been seen in the trailer with things like real time beam deflection).
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:55 am

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:47 pm This doesn't really look or feel any different than the games from fifteen years ago, but yay for Bergamo being playable!
I mean yeah, that's the point. Bring the series to the modern era with characters that have been introduced since Battle of Gods. If it was going to be different there'd be no point, it would no longer be Sparking!
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:58 am

I'm incredibly excited for this new trailer! They brought back the gameplay pillars of the old games, from escaping to in-game transformations. The graphic is gorgeous and the animations are beautifully done. It's like literally seeing the anime in action.
I'm definitely happy to see characters like Broly, Bergamo etc but I hope they also add the most important ones from the old series or even characters from DBHeroes or what-ifs.

There is little to do, the game looks amazing and I love it. I haven't been this excited in a long time.

Historic roster boys!
Last edited by Gt91 on Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:04 am

Sadly this game (like most of the stuff the franchise has put out in the last decade) will flop. Yes even the great Tenkaichi now dont get me wrong the graphics look nice but they are not on the level of Fighterz they are better than XV2/Kakarot tho ( which isnt much of a feat tbh). The thing thats gonna kill this game is Based on the the PSN page & Steam this game will have no local multiplayer meaning you wont be able to play with friends in the same room everything is gonna be online. Normally that be ok if your game has crossplay or rollback netcode but seeing how this is a non serious/competitive game i highly doubt bandai or spike adds it let alone even know how to implement it. So no local multiplayer, crap online netcode, no crossplay, & I'm 100% sure its gonna be raditz to TOP which is boring we already did that in XV2 sort of. This game isnt bringing anything to the table.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:11 am

Grimlock wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:05 am Almost a year after being announced (followed by an ungodly silence) and that is all they have to show. The Game Awards and the Oscars should include the "Best & Worst Marketing Campaign" category, that's one thing Dragon Ball these days would become a staple on, probably even on a winning streak, unfortunately it's for the latter, though.

Guess I'll just continue to be seated here, waiting for... something substantial to be shown and to talk about.
shadd21 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:03 pmIs this the first game to feature Bergamo?
No, it's always Dragon Ball Heroes.
Were you expecting them to show everything all at once? if it story stuff then your setting yourself up for disappointment the story in these games are never good. I think they showed enough for an announcement trailer

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:29 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:04 am Sadly this game (like most of the stuff the franchise has put out in the last decade) will flop. Yes even the great Tenkaichi now dont get me wrong the graphics look nice but they are not on the level of Fighterz they are better than XV2/Kakarot tho ( which isnt much of a feat tbh). The thing thats gonna kill this game is Based on the the PSN page & Steam this game will have no local multiplayer meaning you wont be able to play with friends in the same room everything is gonna be online. Normally that be ok if your game has crossplay or rollback netcode but seeing how this is a non serious/competitive game i highly doubt bandai or spike adds it let alone even know how to implement it. So no local multiplayer, crap online netcode, no crossplay, & I'm 100% sure its gonna be raditz to TOP which is boring we already did that in XV2 sort of. This game isnt bringing anything to the table.
It won't have local vs mode?!

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:57 am

Hot take:
The Japanese voice actors sound very strained and I wouldn't mind a recast. It's not an isolated incident, since they have been going downhill for a while, with Kakarot being another showcase of how they struggle to perform their character voices. It's now at the point where it sounds distractingly bad.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:03 pm

sangofe wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:29 am
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:04 am Sadly this game (like most of the stuff the franchise has put out in the last decade) will flop. Yes even the great Tenkaichi now dont get me wrong the graphics look nice but they are not on the level of Fighterz they are better than XV2/Kakarot tho ( which isnt much of a feat tbh). The thing thats gonna kill this game is Based on the the PSN page & Steam this game will have no local multiplayer meaning you wont be able to play with friends in the same room everything is gonna be online. Normally that be ok if your game has crossplay or rollback netcode but seeing how this is a non serious/competitive game i highly doubt bandai or spike adds it let alone even know how to implement it. So no local multiplayer, crap online netcode, no crossplay, & I'm 100% sure its gonna be raditz to TOP which is boring we already did that in XV2 sort of. This game isnt bringing anything to the table.
It won't have local vs mode?!
If there is no local multiplayer mode, that's a bit of a deal breaker for me. I'm so burnt out on 3D Dragon Ball fighting games, in the sense of going through the same story beat and uninteresting side-quests, that just being able to mess around with the game with my friends in the same room is really the only major thing left that appeals to me.

I'm already very weary of Spike Chunsoft being the developer of this game considering their recent output has been quite poor, especially concerning fighting games.

Let's hope more positive news comes out soon.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:08 pm

Honestly, lack of local versus is not dealbreaker. When was the last time any of us (both old and new fans) sit with our buddies to play games? That time is long gone, online play is the current paradigm.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:15 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:08 pm Honestly, lack of local versus is not dealbreaker. When was the last time any of us (both old and new fans) sit with our buddies to play games? That time is long gone, online play is the current paradigm.
If I play against humans that's how I do it.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:27 pm

Mr Baggins wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:34 pm Those character models are absolutely insane, holy shit. I'm stupid excited for this.
They had already nailed them since Raging Blast 2.

The thing that has me most hyped if Bergamo. He insinuates an INSANE roster.
Jord wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:57 am Hot take:
The Japanese voice actors sound very strained and I wouldn't mind a recast. It's not an isolated incident, since they have been going downhill for a while, with Kakarot being another showcase of how they struggle to perform their character voices. It's now at the point where it sounds distractingly bad.
Hell, even the US actors are starting to show their age.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:51 pm

You guys saw that article that says it will include a Historic Roster?

This game is bigger than we anticipated

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:55 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:51 pm You guys saw that article that says it will include a Historic Roster?

This game is bigger than we anticipated
Yeah, both Tenkaichi 3 and Xenoverse 2 are going to have their asses handed to them, roster wise.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:15 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:08 pm Honestly, lack of local versus is not dealbreaker. When was the last time any of us (both old and new fans) sit with our buddies to play games? That time is long gone, online play is the current paradigm.
I recently emulated Tenkaichi Tag Team just so I could have a proper 4 player match with my friends. I would absolutely like to see a feature that was a staple of the franchise for 5 games to come back.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

The Iron Fjord
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Iron Fjord » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:22 pm

My Sparking Zero/BT4 roster wishlist

-Gowasu
-El Grande Padre
-Rildo the Dildo
-Ribrianne
-That one Yardrat guy from Universe 2
-Cheelai
-Fused Zamasu with the big purple hand
-Tarble
-Katopesla (Pepsiman from Universe 3)
-Cell Max
-Gamma 2 (not Gamma 1)
-None of the Super Manga characters
-Supreme Kai of Time
-Whatever new characters get introduced to Daima as DLC or something.
The Iron Fjord will kick you in the nuts!

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:30 pm

Did Vegeta just deflect that huge kamehameha?! :wtf:

I haven’t played Dragon Ball games since Ultimate Tenkaichi, so I don’t know if this is old news, lol. Now that I recently acquired PS5, I’m wondering which game would be the best to get now until Sparking Zero release.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:42 pm

If its been animated and shown on t.v in some way I expect some level of representation for it.

The only thing that I hope carries over from Raging Blast is compiling all the separate versions of Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo and adult Gohan together. Even though they still had Ultimate Gohan separate for some reason.

Adult Gohan from the Boo arc, GT and Super Hero should all be one character. Piccolo is Piccolo all around, Vegeta from the Saiyan arc up to Super Hero/Daima before being turned into a kid should be one character with GT being separate because of SS4, same with Goku.

Though I wouldn't mind a healthy curve ball where its just one Goku and Vegeta but the twist being that if you choose to go the SS4 route you lose access to the God forms and fusions but gain access to the Limit Breaker forms and fusions and vice versa. You'd obviously be able to revert to base form and start over if the match plays out that way but yeah that could be fun too.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:24 pm

Actually I think I see why there may not be local multiplayer it’s cause it’d have to be split screen. Games have gotten so complex visually and otherwise that there's not much horse power left over for splitscreen in many cases. A lot of games now are struggling to hit smooth frame rates and solid resolutions for just a single player and when you do split screen that work load to render the game twice goes up big time. Not to mention that games with splitscreen back in the day would often make heavy sacrifices to performance to achieve it - Goldeneye on the N64 would frequently drop into single-digit FPS range when playing 4-player.

Any game that released with a splitscreen mode that ran like that now would get absolutely ripped apart by the press and players alike, even those who loudly bemoan the lack of splitscreen in modern games.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:11 pm

Nice bait

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:23 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:30 pm Did Vegeta just deflect that huge kamehameha?! :wtf:

I haven’t played Dragon Ball games since Ultimate Tenkaichi, so I don’t know if this is old news, lol. Now that I recently acquired PS5, I’m wondering which game would be the best to get now until Sparking Zero release.
Yes, it's a feature from the tenkaichi/raging blast series. You can deflect super attacks with the right timing.

I suggest xenoverse 2. The basic version costs very little and there are also discounted DLCs.

p.s. From the trailer itself you can guess but I’ll confirm: Sparking! ZERO will have a huge roster we’ve ever seen, all the way from OG to Daima, including GT as well!

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1732947838307635511