"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:48 pm

I think SZ will be out in 2024. We get a new game ever two years. They do have that yearly contract.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:16 pm

Gt91 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:23 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:30 pm Did Vegeta just deflect that huge kamehameha?! :wtf:

I haven’t played Dragon Ball games since Ultimate Tenkaichi, so I don’t know if this is old news, lol. Now that I recently acquired PS5, I’m wondering which game would be the best to get now until Sparking Zero release.
Yes, it's a feature from the tenkaichi/raging blast series. You can deflect super attacks with the right timing.

I suggest xenoverse 2. The basic version costs very little and there are also discounted DLCs.
Thanks! I think I will try it in the PS Plus subscription.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:40 pm

shadd21 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:11 pm
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:04 am Sadly this game (like most of the stuff the franchise has put out in the last decade) will flop. Yes even the great Tenkaichi now dont get me wrong the graphics look nice but they are not on the level of Fighterz they are better than XV2/Kakarot tho ( which isnt much of a feat tbh). The thing thats gonna kill this game is Based on the the PSN page & Steam this game will have no local multiplayer meaning you wont be able to play with friends in the same room everything is gonna be online. Normally that be ok if your game has crossplay or rollback netcode but seeing how this is a non serious/competitive game i highly doubt bandai or spike adds it let alone even know how to implement it. So no local multiplayer, crap online netcode, no crossplay, & I'm 100% sure its gonna be raditz to TOP which is boring we already did that in XV2 sort of. This game isnt bringing anything to the table.
Nice bait
Lmao what!!!! dude this isn’t bait literally check the steam and PSN pages.

See where these is no mention of shared/split screen PvP, Online Co-op, or even Cross Platform Multiplayer like i said this game doesn’t have local multiplayer if it did it would have the 1st option I mention listed. A 70 dollar fighting game with not even the bare minimum features required for a fighting game in 2023-24 smh.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:47 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:08 pm Honestly, lack of local versus is not dealbreaker. When was the last time any of us (both old and new fans) sit with our buddies to play games? That time is long gone, online play is the current paradigm.
Yesterday. No local coop is the reason the last Halo game I played was Halo 4.

The best part of BT3 were the local vs battles.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:55 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:48 pm I think SZ will be out in 2024. We get a new game ever two years. They do have that yearly contract.
Wrong it’s every Fiscal year Bandai releases a DB game whether mobile or console. But since next year is the anniversary they are technically releasing 4 since Ports count

The nex gen port of XV2
Digital card game in 2024
Fighterz PS5 port is probably getting a physical edition with all DLC unlocked once rollback testing is fully complete.
Sparking Zero

Since it’s on all platforms we don’t have to worry about them pulling some bullshit like porting Breakers to stall for time like they did with XV2 on Google Stadia that one year smh. If everything goes right and there are no delays or mishaps the next new Dragonball game should be coming in 2025 and I pray it’s FighterZ2 cause man if another anime series gets an arcsys gamec DB games are cooked.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:35 pm

Technically speaking, as entities move in the same virtual space, once you computed the vertex, to show two copies of it is perfectly doable (someone called for N64 lags... even BBC MICRO Elite was lagging to show more than 3 vehicles. It was ***1985***, anyway). A PS5 can perfectly go splitscreen, not speaking vertex density can be tailored for such use.
Local MP is no more just for selling figures. If I want to play with you, there's no way to do it for free. I cannot play with my kid, I have to buy another PS5 and PSPlus account.
Just some bucks, but a lot of single coins make for a mountain of coins, in the end.

Anyway: no SWITCH. That's mean NIntendo next console is very near to come. Nintendo can't lose part of such mountain of coins.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:44 pm

It's beautiful, I've looked at this for five hours now. I don't give a damn about Super (except maybe Goku Black, Future Trunks and Broly) and Daima characters, just give me proper OG/movies/GT characters and I'm sold.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:57 pm

JFC who is mentioning or even talking about Daima characters being in the game the damn show hasn’t even aired :lol: .

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:46 pm

The Japanese Bandai Namco site just outright says the game will have the LARGEST roster in the series. Below is the specific text that says it:
“3D battle action featuring the largest character roster in the series”

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:20 pm

Ok, so what's the largest roster to date? how many characters does this game need to break the record? 130, 150?

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:03 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:20 pm Ok, so what's the largest roster to date? how many characters does this game need to break the record? 130, 150?
Anything above 161

And this isn’t address the you specifically but that post above yours still doesn’t prove a show which has not even aired will have any characters in it. Also let’s say if Daima was in it you’re gonna add “not really” Kid Vegeta When you can already have both Kid Vegeta from Z and Super. It doesn’t make sense.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:13 am

Awesome trailer! I'm very excited for the game. Framerate seems good so far too.

People who want a big roster have something to rejoice over here too, Tenkaichi 3 had 150 characters including transformations, lets see where BT4 is currently at.

Confirmed chars/forms are bolded and then I've included ones that are highly likely to give us an idea of what the current roster count might be.

Goku - Base, SS, SS2, SS3, SSG, SSB, Ultra Instinct (didn't include SS4 because GT Goku is likely its own character)
Vegeta - Base, SS, SS2, SSG, SSB
Tien
Yamcha
Freeza - First Form, Second Form, Third Form, Final Form, 100% form, Golden Freeza
Broly DBS - Base, SS, LSS
Trunks DBZ - Base, SS, Ascended SS
Android 18
Piccolo - Base, Orange Piccolo
Krillin
Cell - Imperfect, Semiperfect, Perfect, 100%
Mr. Satan
Majin Buu (Fat)
Trunks DBS - Base, SS, SS2, SSR
Bergamo
Android 17
Jiren

So IF we are going by Tenkaichi 3's metrics for what counts as a character and IF we are including many transformations per character like in BT3 (a big if because there's a chance transformations may be cut for space eg. 2/3rd form Freeza), we are currently looking at Sparking Zero having at least 43 characters, just based off what's in the first trailer.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:30 am

Apparently Sparking! Zero was in development for 5 years.

Here's the article from IGN.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:24 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:30 am Apparently Sparking! Zero was in development for 5 years.

Here's the article from IGN.

What? That's sick. They must have redone graphics then.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:08 am

Amazing, really amazing.

OG Dragon ball, DBZ, Movies, DBGT, DBSuper and probably Daima. If they also add the SDHeroes/Legends characters (Shallot, Cumber, Golden Cooler, LB Vegeth ss4, Trunks ssGod long hair, Goku black Rosè SS3 etc.), I'll buy 10 copies :D

They should do a poll to figure out which characters we would most like as DLC.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:35 am

Calling it now. You can shatter reality and fight in another dimension when you beam clash ultimate attacks. The trailer teased it when Goku and Vegeta were about to beam clash. The screen shatter effect is almost identical to the one from Super: Broly right before Gogeta and Broly start fighting in another dimension. It even makes a similar sound.

I was initially skeptical about Spike Chunsoft being behind this, but that trailer speaks for itself man. Good lord, it looks fantastic. And it's been in development for 5 years? It is such a massive step up from Jump Force.

Honestly? As long as they can recreate the fast-paced combat from the old games but with some new features (like that beam deflection we saw) then I'll be happy with its gameplay. All that's left is to stuff this thing with a massive roster of characters, have a wide variety of maps and a story mode similar to either Tenkaichi 2 or 3.

Also give us a sick opening with Kageyama singing his head off and we're gold. Best Dragon Ball game ever.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:37 am

Bergamo looks great.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:25 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:11 amWere you expecting them to show everything all at once?
I was expecting them to show more than just that.
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:11 amif it story stuff then your setting yourself up for disappointment
Only if they retell Dragon Ball Z for the bazillionth time. If it provides new story, probably featuring a new character, it will be "acceptable" by default.
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:11 amthe story in these games are never good.
Eh, not true.
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:11 amI think they showed enough for an announcement trailer
If this was the announcement trailer, it would've been great. That's how you announce something, but it isn't. There was a teaser in the beginning of the year.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:53 am

The biggest roster with these graphics?
I'm wondering what will be the catch. How much of the roster will be DLC?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:31 am

I just need someone to talk about local multiplier. That will kill the game for me if it's not in.