"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:52 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:31 am I just need someone to talk about local multiplier. That will kill the game for me if it's not in.
As far as we know it’s not in and to hell with any body saying bait or it’s not true on the damn game page on official web stores like PSN/Steam there is no local multiplayer option listed only online only. Which isn’t surprising Bandai has been fucking up their anime games for sometime. The latest Naruto storm game you can’t even invite friends to play you have to do random ranked matches & online for Xbox player has been broken since release day (& still is) The JJK game coming next February also has no local multiplayer.

Instead of old heads bitching and moaning about “wah wah where is Bardock, Arale etc” “whys Bergamo in” “ya know this is probably Toyotaro fault” I don’t see any uproar that basic features that were in previous games aren’t in a new $70 dollar fighting game release. Especially since I doubt they want to play online.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:06 pm

Five years? Yes there had to be development restarts somewhere in the process, that it long enough for the decision to move the games purely to the PS Series 5 to be made. Trying to guess the console market so many years in the future, with development times this long, must be a pain. But considering whatever game we get is going to be it from Spike for 5+ years, given the current trend of console DB games, that is just well. Just look at it. The visual comparisons are going to be interesting, since Spike's games were traditionally less detailed compared to Dimps', but this time around Dimps is stuck with old and/or poor-looking assets in all of their games and the fight will be Spike on the PSeries 5 vs Arc System Works on the PS4/Xbone.
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:40 pmhttps://i.ibb.co/s2d0fj6/IMG-7679.png

See where these is no mention of shared/split screen PvP, Online Co-op, or even Cross Platform Multiplayer like i said this game doesn’t have local multiplayer if it did it would have the 1st option I mention listed. A 70 dollar fighting game with not even the bare minimum features required for a fighting game in 2023-24 smh.
I hope that listing is tentative indeed, fighters are the one genre that does not have the "but the internet netplay culture" pass on PC local play. It does suggest that even console versions will not be getting it, as it would not be that difficult to port over beyond dealing with the windows input types. Antiquated as split-screen play is today it is certainly the least physically inconvenient it has ever been, with TVs and monitors being bigger than they have ever been.
Last edited by BlazingFiddlesticks on Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:25 pm

The number of characters won't make or break this game for me as long as it's fun to play.

Also, wondering if this mechanic will make a return:

I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:19 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:31 am I just need someone to talk about local multiplier. That will kill the game for me if it's not in.
Naruto Storm Connections supports local multiplayer despite also listed as being single player with online-only multiplayer, So i wouldn't rule it out for SZ just yet.
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:52 am and to hell with any body saying bait
Dude, literally every post you've made in this thread has been ether you claiming the game will "bomb" over the mundane of reasons, Calling it inferior to FighterZ, or Shitting on fans of the original bt games.

We get it, you hate anime arena fighters, good for you. You have your hardcore fighter corner with FighterZ, so move on and stop trying to ruin other people's excitement for this game as you're just flamebaiting at this point...........To which i unfortunately keep taking :silent:

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:25 pm

shadd21 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:19 pm
Naruto Storm Connections supports local multiplayer despite also listed as being single player with online-only multiplayer, So i wouldn't rule it out for SZ just yet.
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:52 am and to hell with any body saying bait
Dude, literally every post you've made in this thread has been ether you claiming the game will "bomb" over the mundane of reasons, Calling it inferior to FighterZ, or Shitting on fans of the original bt games.

We get it, you hate anime arena fighters, good for you. You have your hardcore fighter corner with FighterZ, so move on and stop trying to ruin other people's excitement for this game as you're just flamebaiting at this point...........To which i unfortunately keep taking :silent:

1st off Storm Connections is built off of or basically a modified version of Storm 4 which ding ding ding had Split screen local advertised from the beginning. This is an entirely new game built from the scratch up. Shouldn’t some alarms go off that something that common in games like this isn’t listed officially? Maybe it’s an oversight and they forgot to add it but Spike (& CC2 for that matter) is notorious for taking out features that they previously had in other games I.e replays etc they have a pattern that’s easy to see when they’ve done it damn near 3 times in a row with anime games.

2nd I don’t hate arena fighters I hate Bad arena fighters Please take some time out & play some of the really good ones (Kill la Kill IF, Virtual-On:OT) or just play the GOAT anime arena fighter series running for 20 years straight Gundam VS there is a reason floors of arcades in Japan,Korea,China are dedicated specifically for that game, it’s respected by top FGC players, has made EVO before, has regularly has sponsored tournaments like FighterZ except it’s only in Japan & fun as hell.It ain’t just coasting off name/IP recognition alone like some games it’s legit

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:00 pm

Nostal Treevax is probably jumping with joy. I doubt everything from his wishlist will show up like Character Creation but this is basically a win for BT4 and RB3 fans :D

I wonder how many things will return from BT3, will we get Whis commentating about each character?

The thing I'm hoping for the most is Boss Battles and the return of Galaxy Mode.

I'm kinda scared to see what Hercule's Galaxy Mode would look like but imagine if you beat his mode you unlock Super Saiyan Hercule?

I think it'd be cool to have costumes locked behind Galaxy Mode, have each character have a costume that shows you mastered the character.
Last edited by Bardock God of Time on Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aleksandrored

Post by aleksandrored » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:01 pm

Regarding the new Budokai Tenkaichi, it would be interesting if they innovated by adding some new characters. Whether from manga, Heroes, Movies, etc. I remember that at the time it was very innovative to have characters from the films, something like that would be interesting today. The complicated thing nowadays is the DLCs, I hope we don't have too much of that.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:15 pm

If this game is INDEED the biggest roster in the series like the Japanese website says, my dream wishlist roster would be the following (minus the characters that're already confirmed):

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:42 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:25 pm 2nd I don’t hate arena fighters I hate Bad arena fighters Please take some time out & play some of the really good ones (Kill la Kill IF, Virtual-On:OT) or just play the GOAT anime arena fighter series running for 20 years straight Gundam VS there is a reason floors of arcades in Japan,Korea,China are dedicated specifically for that game, it’s respected by top FGC players, has made EVO before, has regularly has sponsored tournaments like FighterZ except it’s only in Japan & fun as hell.It ain’t just coasting off name/IP recognition alone like some games it’s legit
So.. eSports approved = good game? m'kay

Like i said before, you have your corner with FighterZ move on. You claim to not be baiting yet here you are constanty trying to trash a game you've never played - from a series you dislike - over it's gameplay which was never made with the intent to appeal to you

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:51 pm

The game looks awesome.

Where have people seen it was in development for 5 years? I've read that ign article up and down 3 times and can't see any mention of it.

If that really is true then that's great. The old BT games were pumped out with a year of development each, and still managed to become fan favourites. If this game lives up to its potential I can see it becoming the best selling DB game ever.

It's interesting how they say this is the first game in the series since 2007. I guess they're not counting the Raging Blast games or Tenkaichi Tag Team. Raging Blast 1 even says "Next generation Tenkaichi" on its back cover. And there's Ultimate Tenkaichi/Blast If anyone wants to count that.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:59 pm

90sDBZ wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:51 pm The game looks awesome.

Where have people seen it was in development for 5 years? I've read that ign article up and down 3 times and can't see any mention of it.

If that really is true then that's great. The old BT games were pumped out with a year of development each, and still managed to become fan favourites. If this game lives up to its potential I can see it becoming the best selling DB game ever.

It's interesting how they say this is the first game in the series since 2007. I guess they're not counting the Raging Blast games or Tenkaichi Tag Team. Raging Blast 1 even says "Next generation Tenkaichi" on its back cover. And there's Ultimate Tenkaichi/Blast If anyone wants to count that.
Here in the second paragraph

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:32 am

shadd21 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:59 pm Here in the second paragraph
Thanks. Don't know how I missed it.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:42 am

Bardock God of Time wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:00 pm Nostal Treevax is probably jumping with joy. I doubt everything from his wishlist will show up like Character Creation but this is basically a win for BT4 and RB3 fans :D

I wonder how many things will return from BT3, will we get Whis commentating about each character?

The thing I'm hoping for the most is Boss Battles and the return of Galaxy Mode.

I'm kinda scared to see what Hercule's Galaxy Mode would look like but imagine if you beat his mode you unlock Super Saiyan Hercule?

I think it'd be cool to have costumes locked behind Galaxy Mode, have each character have a costume that shows you mastered the character.
You are right! The return of that mode with additional what-ifs transformations would be wonderful (bardack ssj etc).

I also loved doing the Dragon World Tour, in its various forms, obviously offline.

Another thing that drove me crazy was the selection of characters with artwork that reminded me of the cartoon images (DBHeroes artworks would be perfect).

Even the cover of the game with lots of transformed characters was very attractive!

Like this one
I really hope they bring back all these characteristics of the old games.
Last edited by Gt91 on Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:53 am

Curious about the two Trunks we saw in the trailer. Trunks (sword) and Trunks (no sword) make sense as separate characters but I hope we don't go back to the BT standard of having several versions of the same character. No need to have Z Trunks (sword) and Super Trunks (sword) when a single Trunks could encompass both outfits and movesets.

Just imagine all the different Gokus

Kid Goku (OG)
Kid Goku (GT)
Kid Goku (Daima)
Goku (early)
Goku (mid)
Goku (late)
Goku (Super)
Goku (UI)

I hope they go the RB model (which I'm optimistic about since they're basing mechanics off the RB games like the beam deflections) and have one singular kid Goku and one singular adult Goku allowing us to customize movesets and outfits.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:23 am

Yuji wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:53 am Curious about the two Trunks we saw in the trailer. Trunks (sword) and Trunks (no sword) make sense as separate characters but I hope we don't go back to the BT standard of having several versions of the same character. No need to have Z Trunks (sword) and Super Trunks (sword) when a single Trunks could encompass both outfits and movesets.

Just imagine all the different Gokus

Kid Goku (OG)
Kid Goku (GT)
Kid Goku (Daima)
Goku (early)
Goku (mid)
Goku (late)
Goku (Super)
Goku (UI)

I hope they go the RB model (which I'm optimistic about since they're basing mechanics off the RB games like the beam deflections) and have one singular kid Goku and one singular adult Goku allowing us to customize movesets and outfits.
It doesn't have to be as many as BT3 but hard disagree. Every series should have a different Goku.

Goku DB
GOku DBZ
Goku GT
Goku Super

Daima will probably be separate as he will likely be dlc.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:28 am

Honestly I'd separate Kid Goku from DB, GT and Daima, as they'll probably would play quite differently. Adult Goku you could probably just have one I guess. Or at most a Teen and Adult Goku.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:05 pm

I think they should separate the Gokus like this:

Z Goku: Base, Kaioken (x3, x4, x10, x20), SSJ, SSJ2 & SSJ3
Super Goku: Base, SSJ, SSG, SSB, SSB Kaioken (x10, x20)
UI Goku: UI -Sign-, UI
GT Goku: Base, SSJ, SSJ3, SSJ4
DB Goku: Base, Great Ape
Daima Goku (assuming they add Daima characters)

That gives us 6 total Gokus, but considering they represent different eras, I believe it should be OK. Look at how many Narutos there are in the recent Storm games.

I believe it's better to separate Z & Super Goku (same for other characters like Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Broly and maybe Frieza if we get Black Frieza) so that the characters don't have too many transformations in one slot.

By the way, here is a character wishlist I made that I had started even before Sparking was announced back in March. It has a huge number of characters and obviously I don't expect everyone single one but I do think it would be fun to make a big list (with some reason, of course).

Let me know what you guys think: https://1drv.ms/x/s!Agxa_hJAdjd7gfxsMxY ... A?e=glh2ME

I don't factor in Daima just yet.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:18 pm

Jord wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:53 am The biggest roster with these graphics?
I'm wondering what will be the catch. How much of the roster will be DLC?
I'd probably say Naruto UNS, but the latest entry is built off of more recent games instead of from scratch if I remember correctly, so I'm not sure if that counts. I guess there's Smash Ultimate and it's 80+ roster, but even that game was kinda built off Smash 4. In terms of traditional fighters, King of Fighters tends to have pretty hefty base rosters, latest game had 39 at launch if I remember correctly.

It is kinda ambitious for Spike to build a new game from scratch and claim a roster bigger than BT3, but I'm sure those 5 years of development did wonders.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:48 pm

I think the character selection should have every character that is the same person under one slot for example:

You're hovering over Goku who will be Z Goku on default, but if you want to switch between the different iterations of him you push LT/RT.

Kid Goku, Goku Z, Goku Super, Goku GT, Goku Daima would all be under the same selection slot.

After selecting the character you want, you can pick the transformations and costumes you want.

Hopefully UI Goku would be a transformation and not a separate character like Xenoverse 2.

A few other examples:
So the first 3 characters of the roster would be Goku, Gohan and Goten, there would be no duplicates of them throughout the roster (unless you include Goku Black). I think it would be easier to find who you're looking for.

This gets a little tricky with Trunks though because we can't say Kid Trunks and Future Trunks are the same people.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:51 pm

UI Goku shouldn't be a separate character. He should be a transformation for Goku (DBS).

- Goku (DB): base, Oozaru
- Goku (DBZ): base, False Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan (and grades), Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3
- Goku (DBS): base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue, UI, MUI.
- Goku (DBGT): base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan 4, Super Full Power Saiyan 4.

Same for Vegeta.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.