Did Dragon Ball air in English or Hindi in Pakistan?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Did Dragon Ball air in English or Hindi in Pakistan?

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:37 am

I've heard mixed reports about this.

I know Dragon Ball Z aired on the local Cartoon Network sometime in the 2000s or 2010s but no confirmation about whether the Funimation or Hindi dub was used.

Apparently Kai aired uncut on Toonami in 2011 with the Funimation dub though, so maybe that's an indication.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Re: Did Dragon Ball air in English or Hindi in Pakistan?

Post by Dragon ball master » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:16 pm

I think they would use the dub because they did the same for z, kai and then super

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: Did Dragon Ball air in English or Hindi in Pakistan?

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:13 am

The thing with Pakistan is it appears to depend on the channel.

An old poster here claimed to have watched the Hindi dub of Z on Cartoon Network. The wikis claim the English dub aired, but I'd take them with a grain of salt.

I've also heard anecdotal accounts there was an Urdu dub of Kai from the early 2010s, despite the Funimation dub apparently airing on Cartoon Network. From what I understand though Hindi and Urdu are quite similar and it's easy to get the two confused.

Cinemachi Kids aired a promo for original Dragon Ball, but promoted it as "Dragon Ball Z" and were dubbing anime into Urdu. Sadly there's been no reports from fans who watched the series on that channel but there were some rumours an Urdu dub of original Dragon Ball aired.

Super aired on Pop TV with the Funimation dub but aired on Cartoon Network last year with an Urdu dub.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: