Did Goku Black destroy the Dragonballs in his timeline?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Did Goku Black destroy the Dragonballs in his timeline?

Post by TobyS » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:38 am

We know that he grabbed Goku's body and in the manga he says he killed Goku, but there's no mention of his family there, which you'd think he'd rub in if he did it.

What I'm curious about is if he destroyed the Super Dragonballs, and regular dragonballs. If even learned of the small dragonballs.

In the english translation of the manga and the anime subbed it seems he asks Zuno about "Dragonballs" generally so you'd think he'd get told about all 4 known sets. But all the dialogue just starts off talking about the Super Dragonballs, in the manga it looks like we come in mid coversation with Zuno so he could have mentioned Kami and the Grand Elder and their sets first.

After making the wish he slays goku and bounces, but he could have killed Mori and Dende and Monatio quickly enough with Kai Kai

In Future Trunks future, Future Zamasu mentions HE destroyed "the (Future) Dragonballs" after getting his wish, but doesn't mention the other sets explictly.

Obviously Black would probably smash a super dragonball as they slowly drifted off after making the wish, but you do think Black destroyed the other DB's too before leaving?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Did Goku Black destroy the Dragonballs in his timeline?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:06 pm

The Manga speed-ran through that arc. I think it's fairly obvious that he would have killed Goku's family in the Manga too, Toyotaro just didn't waste time on it since the Anime had already shown Black killing the family. Goku pretty much spent his entire time with Chi Chi and Goten, so obviously Zamasu wasn't going to let them live. He wouldn't take any chances.

Even if this isn't mentioned, Zamasu probably destroyed the bodies too so that people wouldn't see Zamasu's corpse (with Goku's mind in it) and get a lead on him.

At that point, he wouldn't need to worry about the Dragon Balls. Pretty much no one would be able to get a lead on him and undo his actions anyway. By the time Gohan and the others realized what happened, he'd be long gone in another timeline. The people of that timeline were no threat to him because he wasn't planning on staying there.

Also, Zamasu had probably taken the entire box of Time Rings from that timeline (as I believe we see Future Zamasu carrying it in the Manga). So, even if somehow, some way, they were able to trace Goku's murder to Zamasu, what are the Gods of that timeline going to do? The Time Rings are gone so they can't travel through time.

The question is: if the people of that timeline used the DBs to revive Goku, would he still have Zamasu's body? What happened to the soul of that Goku? Did he have Zamasu's appearance in the Otherworld too?

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Did Goku Black destroy the Dragonballs in his timeline?

Post by TobyS » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:23 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:06 pm The Manga speed-ran through that arc. I think it's fairly obvious that he would have killed Goku's family in the Manga too, Toyotaro just didn't waste time on it since the Anime had already shown Black killing the family. Goku pretty much spent his entire time with Chi Chi and Goten, so obviously Zamasu wasn't going to let them live. He wouldn't take any chances.

Even if this isn't mentioned, Zamasu probably destroyed the bodies too so that people wouldn't see Zamasu's corpse (with Goku's mind in it) and get a lead on him.

At that point, he wouldn't need to worry about the Dragon Balls. Pretty much no one would be able to get a lead on him and undo his actions anyway. By the time Gohan and the others realized what happened, he'd be long gone in another timeline. The people of that timeline were no threat to him because he wasn't planning on staying there.

Also, Zamasu had probably taken the entire box of Time Rings from that timeline (as I believe we see Future Zamasu carrying it in the Manga). So, even if somehow, some way, they were able to trace Goku's murder to Zamasu, what are the Gods of that timeline going to do? The Time Rings are gone so they can't travel through time.

The question is: if the people of that timeline used the DBs to revive Goku, would he still have Zamasu's body? What happened to the soul of that Goku? Did he have Zamasu's appearance in the Otherworld too?
Goku would be working in the fields goten at school most likely.
He didn't wanna stick around.

Goten fetched chichi from the house just to kill her off for 3 seconds of drama that didn't result in Goku winning or changing anything
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.