Iyoku's plan expand and keep Dragon Ball popular until 2034.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Iyoku's plan expand and keep Dragon Ball popular until 2034.

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:49 pm

By 2034, we will probably see a remake of the original manga for the 50th anniversary.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:52 pm

Tian wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:43 pm From what Twitter lunatic does this come from?

I'm no investor but that doesn't really sound like a logical decision. I'm not saying it isn't logical because this is a Dragon Ball forum but because why would they get rid of one of their most profitable propierties (along with One Piece) just like that?

They're more likely to get rid of "disposable" propierties that barely sell rather than a big one like Dragon Ball.
yeah I mean... I could buy it somehow if it was Shueisha developing the anime/games in-house themselves at unsustainable production costs detrimental to the entire company, but that's never been the case, so what would be the benefit for them here in getting rid of (parts of) Dragon Ball?

If they could still have Toei and/or Bandai handle the entire costly, logistical mess of producing the anime and games AND still retain a say in it/veto powers whenever it suited them AND continue getting free promotion for their own manga, why would they ever part their way with any of the rights willingly unless there was some loophole for Iyoku&Toei to exploit?
Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:49 pm By 2034, we will probably see a remake of the original manga for the 50th anniversary.
Unless Daima proves to be a massive hit, I think that ship might've just sank for a good 20 years at least precisely because of Daimas's existance. They've should've done the remake first, then Daima

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:46 pm

dragonballhero wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:47 pm You know, it might be worth noting that there may have also been another reason Shueisha was willing to hand over (certain parts of) DB to Iyoku.

There's apparently a rumor that Shueisha themselves have been attempting to "rid themselves" of DB to some degree (due to investors' influence) in favor of One Piece. It's supposedly the reason that Super Hero's marketing was shockingly piss-poor when compared to One Piece: Film Red.

As unfortunate as this might be, I have to admit that it DOES line up a fair bit with a lot of Shueisha's treatment of the series in recent years.
Investors would need to specifically be telling Shueisha to stop DB as a product for something like this to really happen, and such bias from investors is just not normal, these people just want to print money.

Even if DBS is making less money than it should, it'd still not be a reason to get rid of DBS in any way, unless it was costing money, somehow, which would be a feat if that happened, DBS is carried by brand recognition alone.

That being said it is weird the overall lack of advertisement done for DB, but that even happened with Super Hero, so maybe they don't trust DB much (Super Hero is something Japan didn't really care for after all...) or just are taking it for granted, maybe both...
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:50 pm

I saw this the other day and make me happy for a sec... and then they announce that Battle Hour won't be streamed this year... one step forward, 10 backwards... :roll:

year after year, they always streamed it when nothing was going on, and now that we are getting a new anime, and a new anticipated game, guess what? nah promoting those well make too much sense, we cant do that, this is not important at all, it just Dragon Ball, who cares... :x

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:28 am

YamiGoku wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:50 pm I saw this the other day and make me happy for a sec... and then they announce that Battle Hour won't be streamed this year... one step forward, 10 backwards... :roll:

year after year, they always streamed it when nothing was going on, and now that we are getting a new anime, and a new anticipated game, guess what? nah promoting those well make too much sense, we cant do that, this is not important at all, it just Dragon Ball, who cares... :x
This seems similar to the Daima announcement.
They'll hopefully put up high quality versions online right after.

shomangaka

Post by shomangaka » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:45 am

Hopefully this endeavor works out.