DBZ reese's puff

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

DBZ reese's puff

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:37 am

An interesting cross promotion, also the fact it's Z and not super or daima.

Not much to say outside of, interesting lol Thought it was a Photoshop gag at first

https://twitter.com/MsDBZbabe/status/17 ... 9311864037

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: DBZ reese's puff

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:12 pm

Not being Daima isn't surprising. It's months away from release and they haven't really pushed it yet. We have like one convention trailer so far.

I guess it's a little surprising it isn't Super but Super is likely on its way out, so it makese sense to default back to the most recognizable brand name.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:48 pm

Dang, finally something that combines my desire to eat something peanut buttery with eating Son Gokuu.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:36 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:12 pm Not being Daima isn't surprising. It's months away from release and they haven't really pushed it yet. We have like one convention trailer so far.

I guess it's a little surprising it isn't Super but Super is likely on its way out, so it makese sense to default back to the most recognizable brand name.
A brand selection may depend on a lot of factors and frankly, Z brand may very well be simply CHEAPER to license at the moment from Toei rather than Super. Yes it's the iconic classic one but Super is the much more current one and in itself attached to a massively succesful TV show and movies which are, again, way more current than Z products

If this continues for the next 2-3 years across the board then yeah, will be a clear sign they're phasing out Super brand completly but a bag of breakfast cornflakes is not much of an indication yet :P
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:48 pm Dang, finally something that combines my desire to eat something peanut buttery with eating Son Gokuu.
lmao got so many jokes in my mind but I would just get permabanned :shh: :lolno:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:42 pm

Basaku wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:36 pm
MasenkoHA wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:12 pm Not being Daima isn't surprising. It's months away from release and they haven't really pushed it yet. We have like one convention trailer so far.

A brand selection may depend on a lot of factors and frankly, Z brand may very well be simply CHEAPER to license at the moment from Toei rather than Super. Yes it's the iconic classic one but Super is the much more current one and in itself attached to a massively succesful TV show and movies which are, again, way more current than Z products

If this continues for the next 2-3 years across the board then yeah, will be a clear sign they're phasing out Super brand completly but a bag of breakfast cornflakes is not much of an indication yet :P
It's definitely speculation on my part. Maybe in 2026, we'll see a third movie carrying the Super name. But it sure feels like Shueisha and Toei are moving on from it.

You're also right maybe it was just cheaper for General Mills to license the Z name or maybe their marketing team thought depressed millenials trying to chase childhood highs were more likely to buy Dragon Ball Z cereal than Dragon Ball Super cereal

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:59 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:42 pm It's definitely speculation on my part. Maybe in 2026, we'll see a third movie carrying the Super name. But it sure feels like Shueisha and Toei are moving on from it.

You're also right maybe it was just cheaper for General Mills to license the Z name or maybe their marketing team thought depressed millenials trying to chase childhood highs were more likely to buy Dragon Ball Z cereal than Dragon Ball Super cereal
Yeah next 2 years will be interesting and should clear it all out. IMO if they don't proceed with 2uper/Whatevername for a new big fat TV show right after Daima's production ends and instead disperse Daima's production talent, then it will be clear to me they never intended Super/TV block to continue and it will be anyone's guess whether any new TV show will ever happen and when

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:07 am

Oh man, I wish they could have done an ad with Cell saying "They're Peee-rfect" like the goddamn Tony The Tiger from Frosted Flakes.

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:31 pm

Basaku wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:36 pm A brand selection may depend on a lot of factors and frankly, Z brand may very well be simply CHEAPER to license at the moment from Toei rather than Super. Yes it's the iconic classic one but Super is the much more current one and in itself attached to a massively succesful TV show and movies which are, again, way more current than Z products

It always disappoints me the insistence on avoiding agnosticism when it comes to the different series. In an ideal world everything would just be "Dragon Ball" branded and include OG, Z, GT, Super, etc. without the unnecessary alienation of all of the other series. The early days in the US of "Dee Bee Zee" being the catch-all branding for the series is a stain that refuses to come out.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:38 pm

Thanos wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:31 pmThe early days in the US of "Dee Bee Zee" being the catch-all branding for the series is a stain that refuses to come out.
True but with Super's massive success one would think this would be the ideal time to push era-agnostic general brand of DB (as multiple subtitles reached equally high status) yet they just refuse to do it like every other franchise in the world does. Puzzling and I agree with you they should have the general brand and logo out there more for stuff like cornflakes, school accessories and whatever

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:03 pm

When I went to the store the other day, I was a little sad I didn't see any of the boxes. I probably would have bought a few.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:04 pm

Mmmhhh

I would buy it if they would sell it at the rancho in Mexico. But they don't, or maybe they do but near the north border...

Anyways,

I would also buy a Daima cereal. Add marshmallow to it. It worked for the Super Mario cereal, we, the adult dragon ball fans, part of the workforce would gladly buy it. At least I would.