"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by Noah » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:10 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:03 pm
Noah wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:52 am Their producers are probably not related, but something I always thought was cool about Supersonic Warriors 2 (2005) was that if you formed a team with two or three characters, it was possible to create a team special technique and many of them were awesome! Even though most of it had never appeared in the original series.
sangofe wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:50 am That, and all the evil dragons from GT that never have been in games.
Not really excited for the whole bunch. I mean there's a reason why most games only have Syn, Nuova and Eis, that is their design and abillities don't suck. But I won't be against it as it would be the first game to attempt to have all seven to its roster.
Dragon Ball is mostly a gag series, and these games treat themselves too seriously. It's good that not all seven Shadow Dragons are forced into the "cool factor", and instead some are gimmicky. That's how Toriyama would like it too.

Also, Heroes has all 7 already since a long while 8)
You know I meant a core game from console, right? I know Heroes profits a lot for the franchise, but is not acessible to everyone unfortunately.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:59 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:10 pm You know I meant a core game from console, right? I know Heroes profits a lot for the franchise, but is not acessible to everyone unfortunately.
It has ports though, and the Switch one is available for all.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:02 am

Shouldn't this thread be renamed? Also for anyone living under a rock, We're getting a new trailer on the 28th, though i'm expecting bootleg recordings of it from the Battle Hour panel to surface before hand

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:45 am

So I haven't been keeping up with this game's announcements at all. Is it confirmed if GT characters and transformations will be in this? 'Cause it'd be pretty weird for a Tenkaichi game to skip over GT... Also wondering the same about pre-Z stuff.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:47 pm

Lukmendes wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:45 am So I haven't been keeping up with this game's announcements at all. Is it confirmed if GT characters and transformations will be in this? 'Cause it'd be pretty weird for a Tenkaichi game to skip over GT... Also wondering the same about pre-Z stuff.
So far just Z and Super, there are insider sources claiming the game will launch with character DB, GT, and Daima, but take them with a grain of salt

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:56 pm

shadd21 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:47 pm So far just Z and Super, there are insider sources claiming the game will launch with character DB, GT, and Daima, but take them with a grain of salt
Daima too? That's surprising if true... Wonder if we'll have a situation like Xenoverse 2 Jiren having a completely different personality from the anime/manga Jiren.

Considering the game seems to be made up of the people who made Jump Force, I wonder if this will be a clone of it, or adopt more of Tenkaichi's older mechanics, 'cause Globku made a video about Tenkaichi 3's competitive side and it's deeper than I expected:

https://youtu.be/1ejl7I3VcWQ?t=145

And a surprising thing is that the game has movement options even when you're close to the opponent, and that's good even when fighting against CPU, as it gives more options to dodge their attacks, which's good for goofy challenges and whatnot.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:31 pm

Lukmendes wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:56 pm
shadd21 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:47 pm So far just Z and Super, there are insider sources claiming the game will launch with character DB, GT, and Daima, but take them with a grain of salt
Daima too? That's surprising if true... Wonder if we'll have a situation like Xenoverse 2 Jiren having a completely different personality from the anime/manga Jiren.

Considering the game seems to be made up of the people who made Jump Force, I wonder if this will be a clone of it, or adopt more of Tenkaichi's older mechanics, 'cause Globku made a video about Tenkaichi 3's competitive side and it's deeper than I expected:

https://youtu.be/1ejl7I3VcWQ?t=145

And a surprising thing is that the game has movement options even when you're close to the opponent, and that's good even when fighting against CPU, as it gives more options to dodge their attacks, which's good for goofy challenges and whatnot.

Probably as dlc, like, I hope, also DBheroes.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:51 pm

Gt91 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:31 pm Probably as dlc, like, I hope,
I won't be surprised if they make Daima stuff as DLC, but if the game has it on the base game then that'll be a selling point, but then again, that'll depend on when the game comes out in relation to Daima...
also DBheroes.
Are you saying that Heroes stuff was included among the info from insider sources or that you hope for Heroes stuff?

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:14 pm

If Daima characters do get into the game, it'll probably just be Daima Goku, Daima Vegeta and Daima Shin, since they'll probably be glorified asset flips at most. New characters like the demons might definitely be DLC down the line, but we gotta see how they fight first.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:54 pm

Lukmendes wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:51 pm
Gt91 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:31 pm Probably as dlc, like, I hope,
I won't be surprised if they make Daima stuff as DLC, but if the game has it on the base game then that'll be a selling point, but then again, that'll depend on when the game comes out in relation to Daima...
also DBheroes.
Are you saying that Heroes stuff was included among the info from insider sources or that you hope for Heroes stuff?
No, at the moment it's just speculation. No leaks or official news about it. It's just my hope :D

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:17 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:14 pm If Daima characters do get into the game, it'll probably just be Daima Goku, Daima Vegeta and Daima Shin, since they'll probably be glorified asset flips at most. New characters like the demons might definitely be DLC down the line, but we gotta see how they fight first.
Having only Goku/Vegeta/Shin from Daima and no villains would be kinda wack...
Gt91 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:54 pm No, at the moment it's just speculation. No leaks or official news about it. It's just my hope :D
Honestly biggest reason I even imagine Heroes stuff making it in is to give the game an extra Goku, because DB games sure love having a billion Gokus...

Speaking of that, do we know how transformations work? Like are they going to be their own characters like in Tenkaichi, or just power ups?

Honestly kinda hope they're power ups, 'cause the way Tenkaichi worked by making transformations into their own characters caused some goofy inbalance, where you could become weaker when transforming...

Obviously if they make transformations into just power ups, there still needs exceptions like Oozarus, 'cause those do change a lot.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:43 am

As I said, the reason I'd see villains being DLC is because I'm not entirely sure when Sparking Zero will release in relation to Daima. Even if both game and show release in October like people speculate, it'd still be too early to figure out a moveset for the main villains.

As for how transformations will work, I'm sure it'll just be like how it was done in the old Tenkaichi and Raging Blast games. Separate characters you can select on the character select menu, that you can also transform into mid-battle depending on how much blast stocks you have. They usually have a different moveset from each other, whether it be just new supers or even some new combo strings. If I remember correctly, SS2 Goku had some pretty generic supers, but all of his combos were based on the fight with Majin Vegeta, which makes sense since that's the only major fight he had.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r3RxHoZEyQ

Trailer releases 44 hours from this post

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:49 am

The trailer will be 2 minutes long, but will only feature Goku and Vegeta it seems, Between that, and the fact that the games panel won't even be broadcasted, i'm looking more forward to Daima news at Battle Hour than SZ news, Speakingon Battle Hour, apparently Hironobu Kageyama will be doing a concert this Sunday at Battle Hour. This is the first time he's been involved with Dragon Ball since the firing of Kenji Yamamoto, I really hope they can get him to sing the opening SZ

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:01 am

shadd21 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:49 am This is the first time he's been involved with Dragon Ball since the firing of Kenji Yamamoto, I really hope they can get him to sing the opening SZ
Not really, Kageyama has been in previous Battle Hours too! But if you mean in games, then yes (hopefully)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:10 am

If they can confirm local offline player vs player that would be enough for me.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:05 pm

Giants are back :D

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:05 pm

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:06 pm

So, that's about 164 character slots shown off at the end there? And they're including transformations as seperate characters.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:07 pm

If that last shot is an indication of the roster, then we're getting 164 characters. Though it looks like they're going down the true Tenkaichi route and giving us multiple versions of Goku and Vegeta instead of what Raging Blast did.