"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by Noah » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:13 am

Lukmendes wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:04 pm
Noah wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:32 pm Also did we get any japanese trailer so far? I'm only finding those with english dub.
Here

Thanks, mate.

But I sure hope for a better trailer, It's a distant dream but something like this would be perfect!

For me that one is hands down the best trailer a core DBZ game ever had! Announced by Goku's VA, going through all the iconic moments from the Saiyan to the Majin Boo arc, movies, specials, GT and a little of DB, just amazing.

Also it was a good way to show the large roster the game would have.
His personality was basically what Toppo became, apparently it's because that's the personality Toei planned for Jiren before Toriyama changed it up.

See this link

Makes me wonder if Japanese Jiren is like this too now that I think about it...
Well, I can say it is still better than the generic stoic sh*t we got in the original.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Gt91
Regular

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Gt91 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:41 pm

I agree with those who say we will have more "clones".
For example, we will have another Goku (blue with kaioken, Sign and UI) and another Vegeta (blue, evolution and probably ultraego). Although they could very well be "costumes" of the super version.
Same goes for Piccolo (base and orange) and Gohan (ssj, ultimate, beast) etc.
I think they don't go beyond 3 transformations for a single character as they did with the old games.
Based on this reasoning, expect c-18 (super) as well.
With the DLCs they will certainly add more variety and range over the different sagas (movies, heroes, GT and OG).

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:47 pm

If I remember correctly, Piccolo had (Early) and (Late) versions in Tenkaichi 3. While the Sparking Zero website only lists Piccolo as just "Piccolo", there's a slight chance Piccolo (Late) could've possible been renamed Piccolo (Super) and was given his new transformations. Hell, maybe they could even give regular Piccolo his giant form from the 23rd Budokai. I always found it odd how Tenkaichi tried avoiding giving Piccolo his giant form, even in the same game as Giant Lord Slug.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:00 pm

Well, about what you guys mention, my guesses are:

- Piccolo will indeed have a Super version, so that we have his new Potentiel Revealed and Orange Piccolo forms.
Because of that, he will have his Super Hero design in this version, meaning the manga colors (no pink).

- Ultra Ego won't be featured for the simple reason that characters/forms still exclusive to the manga are never featured in games until the anime is involved with those elements.

- Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken won't be a distinct character, since the Kaioken moments shown in the trailers are apparently just in-game technics and not distinct characters/forms, especially when a Kaioken is not supposed to last a whole fight but just be a temporary burst for a specific assault. So I say: special move, not character/form.
UI Omen and UI will indeed form a distinct "Goku (Ultra Instinct)" character though, with those two forms.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:20 pm

I hope we'll be able to go from Sign to UI... too bad Geets we'll get stuck in the blue realm, while every other main character will have their ultra form. Hopefully, a new movie will land, introducing UE, and a DLC will come our way.

Different iterations of Piccolo will definitely be part of the game, he is key in the first two arcs, also considered the most liked and usually the most well-developed arcs in videogames.
Z Broly of course, he is too popular to not include in a game that is claiming to be THE game, roster-wise.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:27 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:46 pm I just realized, they didn't tag him Broly(wrath). Does that mean they're not adding Base Broly?
Nice catch, interesting if they aren't adding the base form.
Noah wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:13 am Thanks, mate.

But I sure hope for a better trailer, It's a distant dream but something like this would be perfect!

For me that one is hands down the best trailer a core DBZ game ever had! Announced by Goku's VA, going through all the iconic moments from the Saiyan to the Majin Boo arc, movies, specials, GT and a little of DB, just amazing.

Also it was a good way to show the large roster the game would have.
Damn that is a long ass trailer, wonder if there's a subbed version for it.
Well, I can say it is still better than the generic stoic sh*t we got in the original.
To be fair, it's not like Toppo is any less generic lol.
Gt91 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:41 pm I think they don't go beyond 3 transformations for a single character as they did with the old games.
That'd mean cutting out one of Freeza's transformations (Either by removing third form or making 100% not be there or just into a power up like Kaioken).

Don't see why they'd make a cap on transformations though...

And about alternate characters, the only way for them to be there and the website not specifying them, is in case they changed the names for the website to hide the others, or the Z versions of characters are the "default", in which case they don't get anything between parentheses... By that logic then Broly is a bit weird, unless being considered "canon" makes him the default while, while Z Broly gets something between parentheses... Time will tell once a character like Z Freeza is revealed.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:58 am

Lukmendes wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:27 pm
Gt91 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:41 pm I think they don't go beyond 3 transformations for a single character as they did with the old games.
That'd mean cutting out one of Freeza's transformations (Either by removing third form or making 100% not be there or just into a power up like Kaioken).
Freeza was the only character that had more than three transformations in BT2 and BT3. They just made it so that you could only transform sequencially and couldn't transform back.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:15 am

Kaioken would probably be a blast 1 for SSB Goku.

I can see UI Goku being his own character with Sign as base and UI as the transformation.

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:21 am

I always thought it'd be kinda fun if there was an option to have UI activate after Goku loses, like Majin Vegeta in Budokai 3. I know it won't happen, but still.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:42 pm

Apparently someone met the staff during Battle Hour and got some info.
Translated by ShonenGameZ - https://twitter.com/ShonenGameZ/status/ ... 4776928653
If true here’s what’s being said about Sparking Zero’s Split Screen, Characters, Story mode and more:

The team is open to criticism and consists of enthusiasts, with Jun Furutani himself being a big fan.

The local split-screen mode will ultimately not be available, not due to the developers, but because of issues related to Sony and Microsoft, making split-screen adaptation complicated. They are trying to find a solution, but for now, there won't be split-screen, possibly due to Sony and Microsoft policies favoring the sale of more consoles.

This wouldn't be the first time such a situation has occurred; the situation may still evolve, with the team being aware of the demand. Developers mentioned that adapting games to the Xbox Series S is particularly challenging.

Characters from Dragon Ball GT will be included, possibly in the base roster or as DLC. The game will also include fusions (Gogeta, Vegito, Gotenks).

There is no precise release date at the moment. The team is working on the game and wants to avoid rushing to release an incomplete game. They are taking their time, considering a release in late 2024 or 2025.

A complete story mode will be present, following and evolving from Tenkaichi 3.

Graphics have been improved compared to the trailers already seen. The graphics team, even better, has addressed criticisms regarding hair, for example.

Outfits can deteriorate during fights, and fights are designed to be longer than the old ones.

The game's cover art is already ready and follows the style of the old drawings, potentially those of Nakatsuru.

Several other trailers will be released in the coming months, each showcasing new features.

Characters from Dragon Ball movies will be included, possibly up to Gohan Beast.

Special effort is being put into backgrounds for a better immersion, as the human eye is more receptive to immersion through backgrounds.

The team is very attentive to the community on Twitter and through emails to improve the game with feedback. Ryo Mito himself has asked to gather feedback from around the world. Constructive feedback is particularly appreciated.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:30 pm

The local split-screen mode will ultimately not be available, not due to the developers, but because of issues related to Sony and Microsoft, making split-screen adaptation complicated. They are trying to find a solution, but for now, there won't be split-screen, possibly due to Sony and Microsoft policies favoring the sale of more consoles.

This wouldn't be the first time such a situation has occurred; the situation may still evolve, with the team being aware of the demand. Developers mentioned that adapting games to the Xbox Series S is particularly challenging.
This explanation sounds like both a policy reason, and in the case of Xbox Series S, a hardware limitation. Though since the devs did confirm they weren't going to rush development, I do hope they can find a solution eventually. Tenkaichi fans love them some couch play.

I do find it interesting that GT and movies are confirmed though, I wonder how that's going to work out with a 164 character roster that includes Super. Honestly, this interview gives me vibes that the roster count at the end of the latest trailer might not actually be final.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:37 pm

Boy my excitement for the game just took a nose dive.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:42 pm

omegalucas wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:58 am Freeza was the only character that had more than three transformations in BT2 and BT3. They just made it so that you could only transform sequencially and couldn't transform back.
Right, well, even in that case there are ways they could adapt more than three transformations, or just keep the same thing with Freeza.
Mac wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:21 am I always thought it'd be kinda fun if there was an option to have UI activate after Goku loses, like Majin Vegeta in Budokai 3. I know it won't happen, but still.
Majin Vegeta activated once he got hit at the last HP bar.

It was a pretty bad trade off for a slightly upgrades SS2, and made redundant since you can turn into the much stronger SS4, and once he turns Majin he can't go SS4 anymore.

Although what you're refering to does happen with Mecha Freeza and Mecha Cooler... And not only it's seriously broken, it prevents you from using that form for a while... And honestly doesn't really work with BT since it allows you to use any form from the get got.
FortuneSSJ wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:42 pm The local split-screen mode will ultimately not be available, not due to the developers, but because of issues related to Sony and Microsoft, making split-screen adaptation complicated. They are trying to find a solution, but for now, there won't be split-screen, possibly due to Sony and Microsoft policies favoring the sale of more consoles.
What does that even mean? Split screen would at least somewhat help with sales, it can't be that complex to implement it.
Characters from Dragon Ball GT will be included, possibly in the base roster or as DLC. The game will also include fusions (Gogeta, Vegito, Gotenks).
Characters from Dragon Ball movies will be included, possibly up to Gohan Beast.
Interesting GT being base roster or not is optional, but movies aren't talked in the same way.
Rinsankajugin wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:30 pm This explanation sounds like both a policy reason, and in the case of Xbox Series S, a hardware limitation. Though since the devs did confirm they weren't going to rush development, I do hope they can find a solution eventually. Tenkaichi fans love them some couch play.
Weird ass policy to remove a fun option lol.
I do find it interesting that GT and movies are confirmed though, I wonder how that's going to work out with a 164 character roster that includes Super. Honestly, this interview gives me vibes that the roster count at the end of the latest trailer might not actually be final.
If that's the case then it's clever, because by showing a roster with 164 characters, it makes the players think it's the final roster since it's bigger than Tenkaichi 3's.

Either way so the movie characters in BT3 were:

Garlic Jr.
Super Garlic Jr.
Dr. Wheelo
Turles
Oozaru Turles
Lord Slug
Giant Slug
Salza
Cooler
Final Form Cooler
Meta Cooler
Android 13
Super Android 13
Broly
Super Saiyan Broly
Legendary Super Saiyan Broly
Zangya
Bojack
Bojack Full Power
Fat Janemba
Super Janemba
Tapion
Hildegarn

That's 21 characters, and it's 25 if we count Bardock, Fasha, their Oozaru forms, Future Gohan and his SS form.

Since we'll get a lot of Super characters, I think the easiest one to cut is Oozaru Turles, since he never used it on the movie.

Base form Z Broly could also be cut, he didn't fight much in it.

After this if we were to judge from popularity, I think maybe Garlic Jr. can be cut? Maybe metal Cooler and android 13 too... Wheelo as well?

Only wondering about these cuts if we're keeping it at 164 characters, because it's tricky to keep all movie characters while bringing Super's newcomers, specially since we're getting a bunch of new saiyans with their own transformations, and Frost will have a bunch too if he's there... Also if we get Super Gohan then he'll likely have base, SS1, Ultimate and Beast, which is also using up a bunch of slots, and then we also have Piccolo... Any chances we're also getting fat Gotenks because of Super Hero?
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:51 pm

Crazy that we never got Rildo but Tapion, who has 0 fights on screen (and probably off-screen, too) has made his way into many games.
I'll get my hopes up and dream of having a satisfying amount of GT and DBS characters.

So, in a year we'll probably have the game or be close to its release. Enough time to save and finally buy myself the fiver.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:55 pm

Tapion has always been a big fan favorite, so it made sense to make him playable. We never had Bio Broly either probably because his sludge body would be hard to animated back then and he is also very dislike with most fans.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:02 pm

Lukmendes wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:42 pm Weird ass policy to remove a fun option lol.
It's honestly not too surprising, if Sony and Microsoft do have a hand in how multiplayer works, it could probably be a similar situation to how Netflix and Disney+ cracked down on password sharing. I'm not saying it's confirmed, but I've seen people say that maybe Sony and Microsoft probably think that local multiplayer could impact console sales? Obviously it's a weird assumption, but both companies (and many others) have been pretty weird as of late.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:07 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:51 pm Crazy that we never got Rildo but Tapion, who has 0 fights on screen (and probably off-screen, too) has made his way into many games.
I'll get my hopes up and dream of having a satisfying amount of GT and DBS characters.

So, in a year we'll probably have the game or be close to its release. Enough time to save and finally buy myself the fiver.
The power of being a fan favorite lol.

The most meme thing is Selipa of all people being a playable character, she has even less screen time than Tapion, and just dies in like, the second scene she's in.
Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:55 pm Tapion has always been a big fan favorite, so it made sense to make him playable. We never had Bio Broly either probably because his sludge body would be hard to animated back then and he is also very dislike with most fans.
There's nothing really to animate, even in Bio Broly's own movie the sludge covering his body doesn't move. The only reason he's usually out is because he's detested.
Rinsankajugin wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:02 pm It's honestly not too surprising, if Sony and Microsoft do have a hand in how multiplayer works, it could probably be a similar situation to how Netflix and Disney+ cracked down on password sharing. I'm not saying it's confirmed, but I've seen people say that maybe Sony and Microsoft probably think that local multiplayer could impact console sales? Obviously it's a weird assumption, but both companies (and many others) have been pretty weird as of late.
Well that is a garbage mentality, so it's totally fitting for those people...

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:03 am

If this game really has no splitscreen then i completely lost my interest in ever buying it. If they think it will increase sales then well, it won't. Not in my case at least. Local multiplayer is the main reason i even play any fighting games.

And i don't buy that "It's Sony and Microsoft decision". Tekken 8 just got released and has local multiplayer. A lot of other fighting games have it. But Sparking can't? Yeah, no.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:07 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:03 am If this game really has no splitscreen then i completely lost my interest in ever buying it. If they think it will increase sales then well, it won't. Not in my case at least. Local multiplayer is the main reason i even play any fighting games.

And i don't buy that "It's Sony and Microsoft decision". Tekken 8 just got released and has local multiplayer. A lot of other fighting games have it. But Sparking can't? Yeah, no.
Supposedly splitscreen can be pretty demanding because it's loading more of the game at once by focusing on two characters, and if so it's not the same thing as Tekken 8 having local multiplayer since it only has one camera focusing on both characters.

On the other hand, modern games just have something against splitscreen for some reason, and we even have a case like Halo Infinite, that explicitly went out of their way to remove splitscreen, even though you can glitch the game to activate it...

So yeah, while it could be a case of splitscreen being too demanding, Sony/Microsoft may also just be assholes by not letting such a simple option be there.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:43 am

Lukmendes wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:42 pm Either way so the movie characters in BT3 were:

Garlic Jr.
Super Garlic Jr.
Dr. Wheelo
Turles
Oozaru Turles
Lord Slug
Giant Slug
Salza
Cooler
Final Form Cooler
Meta Cooler
Android 13
Super Android 13
Broly
Super Saiyan Broly
Legendary Super Saiyan Broly
Zangya
Bojack
Bojack Full Power
Fat Janemba
Super Janemba
Tapion
Hildegarn

That's 21 characters, and it's 25 if we count Bardock, Fasha, their Oozaru forms, Future Gohan and his SS form.

Since we'll get a lot of Super characters, I think the easiest one to cut is Oozaru Turles, since he never used it on the movie.

Base form Z Broly could also be cut, he didn't fight much in it.

After this if we were to judge from popularity, I think maybe Garlic Jr. can be cut? Maybe metal Cooler and android 13 too... Wheelo as well?

Only wondering about these cuts if we're keeping it at 164 characters, because it's tricky to keep all movie characters while bringing Super's newcomers, specially since we're getting a bunch of new saiyans with their own transformations, and Frost will have a bunch too if he's there... Also if we get Super Gohan then he'll likely have base, SS1, Ultimate and Beast, which is also using up a bunch of slots, and then we also have Piccolo... Any chances we're also getting fat Gotenks because of Super Hero?
Mostly agree on movie characters. I would just keep the main villains and their forms, but cutting forms that we didn’t see or didn’t fight enough. That leaves out side villains like Salza and Zangya. I would add Hirudegarn’s first form as he fought a lot. From tv specials Bardock (Base) and Future Gohan (Super Saiyan).

If the character slots are too tight, I would keep only the strongest forms of the movie villains, only exception being Coola and Metal Coola as they are from different movies.