Dragon Ball Z - Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans Remastered BD petition

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Satoshi29

Dragon Ball Z - Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans Remastered BD petition

Post by Satoshi29 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:49 am

HI, can someone with chnage.org account please post this petition there?

Here's a draft, feel free to post an improved version in the replies.

Code: Select all

Petition TOEI Animation, Akira Toriyama, Shueisha, Bird Productions

Despite the release of the Dragon Ball series by FUNIMATION, there are a few rare gems of the series
which haven't seen the light of a day, let alone recieve an official english release in the US or anywhere in the world, unfortunately.

Hence it has been the sincere wish lingering deep in the hearts of the Dragon Ball fans around the world to see it in HD for a very long time.

Please scan and remaster Dragon Ball Z - Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans gaiden 1994 OVA in HD from 35 mm open matte full screen master
and release the BD having both Japanese audio with English dub and subittles.

Here's how a animation cel with correct colors would look compared to a old Japanese LD release by TOEI, for starters.

It was posted by a Japaense Dragon Ball fan, archivist and enthuaist named kei17 at a thread in Kaznenshuu forums.
LD
http://i.imgur.com/6MuFMGy.png

Cel
http://i.imgur.com/F3M3OZgl.jpg

Gorgeous, isn't it?
Now only if entire OVA would be rescanned from 35 mm master print
and made into a release with beautiful looking and correct colors, it'd be a visual treat...
Now we're in the 21st century, with the power of internet, voice of the fans and hearts of the studio and creators...
Anything could happen and it's possible to realise the dream.

Please don't waste time not signing up to this petition and sign it with an golden heart, all Dragon Ball fans around the world.
If you let this chance go, there's likelihood of it not coming again.
By signing this petition, show the creators how much you're fan of this rare Dragon Ball masterpiece and how desperate
you're, to see an official HD English release of this.

So with an ending plea to fans: please share your voices.
And to the creators: please give this gem a proper release it deserves.

Thank you, to both the fans and creators!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Dragon Ball Z - Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans Remastered BD petition

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:08 am

"Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans" is the 2010 remake originally included within Raging Blast 2. It received a Saikyo Jump pack-in DVD release in Japan, and it's included within the "Golden Box" Blu-ray set in France.

You seem to be referring to the original 1994 two-VHS-volume release of the original Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans (no "Super" in there).

You are unlikely to see much pickup with a change.org petition. I know that's not great to hear considering your enthusiasm, but that's the reality of the situation.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Joujou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Joujou » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:30 am

VegettoEX wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:08 am "Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans" is the 2010 remake originally included within Raging Blast 2. It received a Saikyo Jump pack-in DVD release in Japan, and it's included within the "Golden Box" Blu-ray set in France.

You seem to be referring to the original 1994 two-VHS-volume release of the original Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans (no "Super" in there).

You are unlikely to see much pickup with a change.org petition. I know that's not great to hear considering your enthusiasm, but that's the reality of the situation.
original 94 OVA was done as a kind of "guide" for the videogame, as the game was never released outside of Japan, there's little to no hope that it will be release one day

...creating a petition for Toei lol,
Toei listening to fans, it's a well known fact... :lol:

NeoZ Duwang
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NeoZ Duwang » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:34 am

I don't see Toei doing anything with Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans at this point, unless they make a new version called "The plan to erradicate the Super Saiyan God" to tie in with a new video game or something silly like that
she/they.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:05 am

Dude, I feel you. I've been a very vocal supporter of this special and the Yo! Son Goku and Episode of Bardock specials getting dubbed, but at this point, I think too much time has passed and Crunchyroll just doesn't care about them. I mean, we did get that weird One Piece x Toriko x Dragon Ball special dubbed, which I never thought we'd see. So, who knows? Still highly doubt it, though.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:16 am

mecha3000 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:05 am Dude, I feel you. I've been a very vocal supporter of this special and the Yo! Son Goku and Episode of Bardock specials getting dubbed, but at this point, I think too much time has passed and Crunchyroll just doesn't care about them. I mean, we did get that weird One Piece x Toriko x Dragon Ball special dubbed, which I never thought we'd see. So, who knows? Still highly doubt it, though.
From what I recall it's less Crunchymation has no interest in these specials and more their rights are more complicated than most Dragon Ball content. Something about Shonen Jump owning the Yo Son Goku special and Bandai having the rights to the Episode of Bardock or something? I don't know the exact details but I recall there was an explanation more complicated than "the company formerly known as Funimation doesn't want more Dragon Ball content"

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:00 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:16 am
mecha3000 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:05 am Dude, I feel you. I've been a very vocal supporter of this special and the Yo! Son Goku and Episode of Bardock specials getting dubbed, but at this point, I think too much time has passed and Crunchyroll just doesn't care about them. I mean, we did get that weird One Piece x Toriko x Dragon Ball special dubbed, which I never thought we'd see. So, who knows? Still highly doubt it, though.
From what I recall it's less Crunchymation has no interest in these specials and more their rights are more complicated than most Dragon Ball content. Something about Shonen Jump owning the Yo Son Goku special and Bandai having the rights to the Episode of Bardock or something? I don't know the exact details but I recall there was an explanation more complicated than "the company formerly known as Funimation doesn't want more Dragon Ball content"
I believe Episode of Bardock got released as an extra on a Xbox video game, my friend. That seems to indicate that Bandai has or had the rights to it, at least at that time. Same goes for Plan to eradicate the Saiyans, which got released along with Raging Blast 2. That's the only Western release they got.

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:31 am

Strictly concerning the matter of a BD remaster, that would no doubt be welcome... assuming any of the studios involved even care.
Granted I have to check again to see which ones those are, because it was made to accompany a game and there's sort of a chance if it's not solely a Toei Animation production (although they're known to at least remaster OVA's they've made, like Crying Freeman).

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:15 am

Jord wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:00 amI believe Episode of Bardock got released as an extra on a Xbox video game, my friend. That seems to indicate that Bandai has or had the rights to it, at least at that time. Same goes for Plan to eradicate the Saiyans, which got released along with Raging Blast 2. That's the only Western release they got.
Both "Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans" and "Episode of Bardock" were released on Blu-ray and DVD in France back in 2018, as part of a bundle with "Battle of Gods" and "Resurrection 'F'". It's a steelbook called "Dragon Ball Z: Golden Box".

NeoZ Duwang
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NeoZ Duwang » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:37 am

A bundle that includes Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans, Episode of Bardock and F? Might as well call it the Cursed Box
she/they.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:00 pm

The only curse is that it's french. :P

I'm glad they finally released those OVAs in Full HD.

NeoZ Duwang
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NeoZ Duwang » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:10 pm

Jokes aside, yeah, it's good to have re-releases of this stuff. It's particularly surprising to me because they're stuff related to video games
she/they.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:05 pm

I'm wondering if they were developed specifically for those games. Seems awfully expensive for an extra.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:59 pm

"Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans" was. "Episode of Bardock" wasn't.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:42 pm

I mentioned the French "Golden Box" literally in up there in the first reply. Are we reading threads before we respond?! :lol:

Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans was indeed created specifically for Raging Blast 2, alongside its own inclusion of Hatchihyack as a playable character.

Episode of Bardock was part of a larger marketing strategy tied in with Heroes where Super Saiyan Bardock was being added in there, as well as the "Special Selection DVD" release of the original Bardock/Trunks TV specials (their first separate home video release other than as extras in the two DBZ Dragon Box sets). Remember also that Episode of Bardock was first a three-chapter manga series, and then the animated adaptation came later as a special feature for Jump Festa. That whole production timeline is detailed in depth on our "The History of Bardock" tidbit/feature/article/thing.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::