Why Super Dragon Ball Heroes anime is stuck in post TOP

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alkiser
Beyond Newbie

Why Super Dragon Ball Heroes anime is stuck in post TOP

Post by Alkiser » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:07 pm

As much as I follow the SDBH anime quite closely, I always wonder why they don't use the content of the movies, I have yet to see them use the new Broly or the new forms of Gohan and Piccolo not to mention some demonic version of Cell max. Likewise the character designs of Vegeta, Gohan are stuck in their versions from the period of the tournament of power and they don't have them updated.

Perhaps someone knows why Heroes despite being a pure fan service avoids using characters, transformations and character models from the movie?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Why Super Dragon Ball Heroes anime is stuck in post TOP

Post by Xeogran » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:19 pm

They already settled that Heroes Goku, who is post ToP, knows Z Broly for some reason. So now it would be awkward for them to have Goku recognize both Brolys and call them both Broly :lol:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:23 pm

Dragon Ball Heroes is "stuck" post-Dragon Ball Super Broly. Goku and Vegeta fuse into Gogeta to fight Hearts.

We don't know why Dimps don't use Broly in its stories. Maybe they are waiting for more developments to occur for him in Dragon Ball Super, but at any rate, we don't know anything. What we do know is that if they don't (want to) use Broly, then it is even less likely they are going to use/include anything from Dragon Ball Super Super Hero.
Alkiser wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:07 pmPerhaps someone knows why Heroes (...) avoids using characters, transformations and character models from the movie?
Not true. All characters under a specific name convention keep the models from the movies. "Goku: BR" and all those with "BR" in the name follow that movie's artstyle. "Goku: SH" and all those with "SH" in the name follow that movie's artstyle.
Xeogran wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:19 pmThey already settled that Heroes Goku, who is post ToP, knows Z Broly for some reason.
Also not true. No Dragon Ball Super character acknowledges the movie characters prior to Prison Planet saga, which is where they first have contact with them.

Granted, in the anime continuity specifically, Vegeta acknowledges Coola in said saga... Needless to say, it was a Toei's mistake.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Alkiser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alkiser » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:47 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:23 pm Dragon Ball Heroes is "stuck" post-Dragon Ball Super Broly. Goku and Vegeta fuse into Gogeta to fight Hearts.

We don't know why Dimps don't use Broly in its stories. Maybe they are waiting for more developments to occur for him in Dragon Ball Super, but at any rate, we don't know anything. What we do know is that if they don't (want to) use Broly, then it is even less likely they are going to use/include anything from Dragon Ball Super Super Hero.
Alkiser wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:07 pmPerhaps someone knows why Heroes (...) avoids using characters, transformations and character models from the movie?
Not true. All characters under a specific name convention keep the models from the movies. "Goku: BR" and all those with "BR" in the name follow that movie's artstyle. "Goku: SH" and all those with "SH" in the name follow that movie's artstyle.
Xeogran wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:19 pmThey already settled that Heroes Goku, who is post ToP, knows Z Broly for some reason.
Also not true. No Dragon Ball Super character acknowledges the movie characters prior to Prison Planet saga, which is where they first have contact with them.

Granted, in the anime continuity specifically, Vegeta acknowledges Coola in said saga... Needless to say, it was a Toei's mistake.
Of course the truth Ozotto engulfed Gohan with his top saga hairstyle and his top saga gi. Gohan doesn't have his hairstyle and clothing from Super Hero the same way the rest of the characters do. I was referring to the new theatrical movies i.e. Broly and Super Hero. When I meant character designs I meant clothes and hairstyles and not graphic style.