Why didn't the original japanese dead zone have a title card

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Why didn't the original japanese dead zone have a title card

Post by Dragon ball master » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:01 am

I don't understand how dead zone didn't have an title card the movie before and after had one. So why didn't it had a title card? My guess was that the movie was king of rushed and they forgot to add an title card to it.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Why didn't the original japanese dead zone have a title card

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:44 am

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/rumor/the-ti ... z-movie-1/

The 2006 “Dragon Box” release of the theatrical films included its own “Dragonbook” packed with information and resources, including a “Theatrical Story Q&A” with scenario writer Takao Koyama, where he is directly asked about the title of the first Dragon Ball Z film!

Why is there no sub-title for the fourth theatrical feature, Dragon Ball Z?
There’s no reason in particular. It’s simply because it was the first theatrical work as Dragon Ball Z, and it wasn’t decided at the time of production whether there would be sequels. So, with regards to this work, we (the production staff) didn’t even consider giving it a sub-title. None of us would have thought that we’d end up making a whole 13 after that. (laughs)

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:56 am

Dragon ball master wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:01 amMy guess was that the movie was king of rushed and they forgot to add an title card to it.
I highly doubt Return My Gohan was rushed, even if it was, title cards or lack thereof is hardly evidence for it.

The movie was released a whole year after Mystical Adventure and its a top notch production between the Vampire Hunter D aesthetics, beautiful hand drawn animation, some of Shunsuke Kikuchi's finest work and the voice actor's performances.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:27 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:56 am
Dragon ball master wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:01 amMy guess was that the movie was king of rushed and they forgot to add an title card to it.
I highly doubt Return My Gohan was rushed, even if it was, title cards or lack thereof is hardly evidence for it.

The movie was released a whole year after Mystical Adventure and its a top notch production between the Vampire Hunter D aesthetics, beautiful hand drawn animation, some of Shunsuke Kikuchi's finest work and the voice actor's performances.
All this plus it has a fairly original plot even taking into account it's aping the Raditz sub-arc plot beats and vaguely recycling some Piccolo lore with Garlic.

If any movie feels rushed its definitely Z movie 6 with its mid tier animation and "let's re-use the same villain from last movie and throw him on Namek like his brother and make him a cyborg too"

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:27 pm

Not on topic but why dose one cilp looks like it belongs in db movie 2 2:47-3:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKrKhHEsctM
Comparison
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zMjvVogkIt0

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:52 am

Dragon ball master wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:27 pm Not on topic but why dose one cilp looks like it belongs in db movie 2 2:47-3:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKrKhHEsctM
Comparison
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zMjvVogkIt0
Because Garlic Junior and Lucifer are both demons so it's aesthetically appropriate for scenes in their respective movies to share similarities?

Even moreso when you consider while Garlic Junior has never been confirmed to be a vampire like Lucifer, he has vampire-like fangs and when humans inhale the Aqua Mist and become members of the Demon Clan they have vampire-esque abilities by being able to transform other humans by biting them.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: