What's FUNimation gonna do for the Opening on the GT Sets?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:48 am

Either hit the "Alternate Angles" button (which is what we've been discussing), or just go to "Language" and select Japanese. Then switch it to English. More work.

DragoonClawNZ
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DragoonClawNZ » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:00 am

Apparently on the Madman releases of the Seasons, the alternate angles aren't on there. I switched to the japanese track and it still displayed the english episode card and the FUNimation credits. I was disappointed about this.

I have a question, you know the opening on Dead Zone, was that opening used on the japanese angle for episodes 1-21 on Season One?
"There is no spoon"
"There is no peace, peace is a lie"

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:04 am

DragoonClawNZ wrote:Apparently on the Madman releases of the Seasons, the alternate angles aren't on there.
I can vouch for this, I only own the first two seasons, but there are no alternate angles for the title cards.

kusakun004
Beyond Newbie

Post by kusakun004 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:22 am

DragoonClawNZ wrote:Apparently on the Madman releases of the Seasons, the alternate angles aren't on there. I switched to the japanese track and it still displayed the english episode card and the FUNimation credits. I was disappointed about this.

I have a question, you know the opening on Dead Zone, was that opening used on the japanese angle for episodes 1-21 on Season One?
No, the second animation (for ep. 22-117) was used instead. There is only one angle for the opening since there are no Japanese credits for the opening. Toei must not have given FUNi any openings with Japanese credits (aside from the movies) because FUNi probably would have used them and the actual credits in them are the same every episode.

ultimateemail5000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ultimateemail5000 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:06 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
Pain wrote: Wasn't "Detekoi Tobikiri ZENKAI Power" kept in the Season Sets? I'm almost certain that it was.
No, it was replaced with some god awful percussion abomination that I am unable to listen to more than a second of.
Actually ZENKAI Power is still intact as the ending theme song, on the English and Japanese track. I never bothered to listen to the English 2.0 audio to see what song is at the end because I dont care about Bruce Faulcener, or the other guy.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:14 pm

ultimateemail5000 wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:
Pain wrote: Wasn't "Detekoi Tobikiri ZENKAI Power" kept in the Season Sets? I'm almost certain that it was.
No, it was replaced with some god awful percussion abomination that I am unable to listen to more than a second of.
Actually ZENKAI Power is still intact as the ending theme song, on the English and Japanese track. I never bothered to listen to the English 2.0 audio to see what song is at the end because I dont care about Bruce Faulcener, or the other guy.
Yes, as far as I can tell there was no changes made to the ending theme in the season sets for the main audio track and the only video track, other than cropping and remastering. So basically it is the original Japanese closing.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:45 pm

I don't know if this has been said, but only UU single disc(The first one with Goku on the cover) you can switch freely between the Japanese/English Angles/Audio.

For instance, you can hear Cha-La over the English "Red" opening clip show. Or Zenkai over the ending. Also, you can hear their instrumentals over the Japanese opening/ending footage.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:53 pm

Big Momma wrote:I don't know if this has been said, but only UU single disc(The first one with Goku on the cover) you can switch freely between the Japanese/English Angles/Audio.

For instance, you can hear Cha-La over the English "Red" opening clip show. Or Zenkai over the ending. Also, you can hear their instrumentals over the Japanese opening/ending footage.
That is one of the reasons why the Ultimate Uncut Editions are the best format for the episodes that they cover. :)

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:10 am

Let me ask...It's obvious that we'll be getting the GT Opening Animation...But could Step into the Grand Tour sync up time wise with the Dan Dan Animation? I'm too greakin lazy to go check how long both are...I really hope they replace that terrible Rap on the English Music Track...Maybe a Dan Dan instrumental?
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:14 am

Lavender Saiyan wrote:Let me ask...It's obvious that we'll be getting the GT Opening Animation...But could Step into the Grand Tour sync up time wise with the Dan Dan Animation? I'm too greakin lazy to go check how long both are...I really hope they replace that terrible Rap on the English Music Track...Maybe a Dan Dan instrumental?
No, it wouldn't sync up, the Rap is 1:05 and DAN DAN is 1:47, plus the animation of DAN wouldn't work with the rap. I actually think they'll throw an instrumental in, or finally dub it.

DragoonClawNZ
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DragoonClawNZ » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:32 am

Captain Awesome wrote:
DragoonClawNZ wrote:Apparently on the Madman releases of the Seasons, the alternate angles aren't on there.
I can vouch for this, I only own the first two seasons, but there are no alternate angles for the title cards.
As I may of said on another topic, I have the first three, even Season Three doesn't have the alternate angle for the title cards and opening/credits.
"There is no spoon"

DragoonClawNZ
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DragoonClawNZ » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:34 am

kusakun004 wrote:
DragoonClawNZ wrote:Apparently on the Madman releases of the Seasons, the alternate angles aren't on there. I switched to the japanese track and it still displayed the english episode card and the FUNimation credits. I was disappointed about this.

No, the second animation (for ep. 22-117) was used instead. There is only one angle for the opening since there are no Japanese credits for the opening. Toei must not have given FUNi any openings with Japanese credits (aside from the movies) because FUNi probably would have used them and the actual credits in them are the same every episode.
Oops, I should of mentioned I was talking about whether Season One used the first animation for episodes 1-21 on the japanese angle, not Dead Zone. Since I have the Madman version of Season One and there aren't any alternate angles on it so I don't really know.
"There is no spoon"

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:15 pm

I kinda hope they will keep the rap as some sort of extra feature or something. I didn't totally hate and when I first watched GT on Toonami I was used to not seeing a true opening for DragonBall so it didn't really bother me.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

DragoonClawNZ
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DragoonClawNZ » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:28 pm

I don't actually mind the Step into the Grand Tour opening for Dragonball GT but I do hope that FUNimation will do a english resung version of the japanese opening (sorry I can't remember the names) and the ending credits.
"There is no spoon"

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:53 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote:I kinda hope they will keep the rap as some sort of extra feature or something. I didn't totally hate and when I first watched GT on Toonami I was used to not seeing a true opening for DragonBall so it didn't really bother me.
Ya, based on Funi's lack of alternate angles in their previous releases the GT sets will probably use the Japanese openings and endings and the Funi ones will be extras.