"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:32 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:24 pm
ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:58 am Well, it could be that Super Saiyan Blue was off limits before, but things have changed. Blue is no longer the top level of power. Goku has multiple Ultra Instinct forms, Vegeta has Ultra Ego (although it has yet to be shown in animation), Gohan has Beast form, and Piccolo has Orange form. Blue isn't as special now, so maybe now other characters are allowed to go Blue.
Why you act as if games in this franchise have to give any importance to that? The fact that any mention of events from Toyotaro's manga was ignored in Super Hero clearly shows that they have no intention (yet) of addressing anything from there.
Goku has multiple Ultra Instinct Forms in the anime as well as the manga. The manga just recontextualized the black-haired form as one that wasn't inferior to the silver-haired form. Also, we've only had one movie since Ultra Ego has appeared in the manga, and that story kept both Goku and Vegeta out of the main plot. We see them training in their base forms, no transformations, as if TOEI was intentionally keeping it vague what their ultimate powers were. It is way too soon to assume that Ultra Ego will remain a manga-exclusive power.

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wrigglything » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:38 pm

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:54 am

Basically, the rule is, what is not in animated form – series or movie – doesn't get adapted into games, period.
The manga will have to get adapted first for the stories and characters to appear in any Dragon Ball game.

Got back into Legends after more than a year, yet for another anniversary (by coincidence) and there is lot of crystals to be made, but lot of RNG banners... hence I am just missing Gohan Beast from the tops, wanted to save the Goku/Freeza double for the last, but with the remaining days and now UR Gogeta appearing for limited days, the choices are tough.
To be frank, I wasn't much impressed by Beast Gohan when playing against him or during Co-op.

I am wondering the same as @Noah. I have already missed on some UR characters during my absence and I do love collecting them just for the better animations and feeling of having something cool in the game but spending thousands of crystals on SSJ Vegito and not getting him was the last straw that made me quit the game back then. I can see myself being pissed again to spend huge amount on the new banner and leaving with crap characters or mostly with Z medals, as playing through the years made most of my roster maxed.

Would be nice to have the option to at least buy the base amount of power to get the characters, as the events are short and rare (tongue in cheek on ultra rare, yes), or to be able to get them through some super hard battles. But at this moment, I will probably never get UR Buu which interests me a lot, otherwise, most of the characters are lackluster anyway.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:20 am

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a "rule". It's just something they abide by. There are exceptions: Gine, Goku (Dragon Ball Minus), Kuriza, Jaco and Neko Majin all appeared in games before their debut in anime (well, Neko Majin and Kuriza haven't made their anime debut yet, the latter which is very most unfortunate, considering how much they love to shove Freeza down our throats).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:48 am

I hope it wasn't karma, but yeah, as I've said, no UR characters in this anniversary for me... I hated those banners for those lackluster giveaways. But still, even being year out of the game, I was killing it on PVP with legacy characters, as I am basically in the game since day one, hence maxed out and awakened and upgraded characters.

But it got boring so fast. Played the story for last among so many events that I've depleted, just for crystals and skipping the story parts. The main plot is thin and all that filler with random match ups talking about trivial stuff: "I will slaughter you" "Go and try" "I have special technique/power up" and lot of macho WWE rant.
And stopped playing again, so looking forward to June next year for another anniversary :lol:

But few positives. While I didn't got Beast Gohan and joined quite late to be able to have time to rotate through the TOP finale banner, I was really happy and enjoyed playing with the Orange Piccolo and I love the Gamma dual unit.
Also, seriously happy about Shallot being promoted to Sparking! While the SSJ Blue felt meh, this promotion was long time coming and it finally makes Shallot more competitive in the roster and being tougher and ideal for challenges on hard mode (even tho, all my chars are maxed level wise, so it's two punch event on the older hard story missions) – except you have to transform ASAP as he is still vulnerable meatbag in his basic form.
There was plenty of events and chrono crystal opportunities, which was fun and felt satisfying.

But the abundance of all those unfair summon banners took all that satisfaction quickly away :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:33 pm

I bought a new cellphone and man, how nice is to play without having RAM memory issues. With my old one, most of the time when I minimized the window to enter another app, the game would restart when I came back, it was terrible.

But about the game itself: it's interesting how they do event periods dedicated to an arc of the franchise, now currently it's the Freeza arc, the Ginyu Force event was cool despite the obligation with Arts Boosts but it was interesting to see how the mechanism works and how it impacts damage in-battle. I also thought the Ginyu Force banner was really good, animations, moves and such (basically you can have the entire color wheel of the game with a "trio"), I got Recoome & Guldo and Jeice & Burter, hoping to get Captain Ginyu soon.

Now about bad things, I thought the Gohan and Cell banner was kinda meh, the Namek Goku event is more of the same and although it was cool that they reduced battles in Zenkai Gauntlet, they also decreased CC gain from the event, which is a shame.

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:48 am I hope it wasn't karma, but yeah, as I've said, no UR characters in this anniversary for me...
Welcome to the boat!

I don't have any summonable UR characters, their rates are pretty low and don't help that this anniversary I didn't plan to save any CC and spend a lot trying to get Orange Piccolo (didn't get it)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:13 am

This game is kind of boring.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:03 pm

Seekeroftruth wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:13 am This game is kind of boring.
Well, then, Seeker of Truth. Blame the people who are currently managing Dragon Ball Legends, as they absolutely suck ass when it comes to them making an actually pretty decent Dragon Ball Mobile Game.

supershonen

Post by supershonen » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:52 am

I love this game. All I do is collect dailys and cc campaigns. Sitting on 27k crystals after going to 0 in July. Before july I managed to collect 23k and got all the anniversary superhero units except vegeto blue.

Quite disappointed with the path of power banner as we were promised OG DB campaign hope they release more. I am planning to uninstall the game after reaching 30k as it is addictive in a way that when I see a claimable CC i just have to play and collect it like a child. It's a great time hole for me.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:20 pm

Well, few things have changed since my last post in this thread... I really appreciated this trend of Legends doing special events based on anime arcs and I liked them doing one for OG DB, since it's one of the most outdated tags in the game. I still think they could have included more characters, but it was interesting to have a banner based on Path of Power.

Now the current episode is "Sagas of the Movies" and man, I have to say I'm a bit saturated with so many Gogetas in this game, even though it's a different idea for the characters than they used to be before (Pikkon being defeated and Gogeta taking his place), the only thing I'm enjoying about this banner is that they finally added the theme song from Movie 12 to play in the background during an event about the same characters. But it's a shame they missed the opportunity to do the same in a past event that introduced Dragon Fist SSJ3 Goku, by adding the theme song from Movie 13... but who knows in the future, right? An LL Tapion or something like that lol

About the story so far...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:15 am

Caught up on the story by watching that nkuba guy play on youtube.

So Zaha still has:
Gokua
Golden Freeza
Paragus

Black is still out there with Brick Zamasu, I expect that he'll break him out and fuse if not fuse *to* break him out.

Broly is now with his evil zaha controlled dad so suspect we will get a legends version of the Broly movie going down where broly is an enemy again.

Nouva shenron will want his final rematch.

Majin vegetas still out there isn't he? I can't remember him dying.

Kaioshin is still missing.
Dende is still hidden.

Maaaybe the original z broly from the start of the game is still out there but probably not.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more people from the present timeline other than goku I assumed the other planets reveal would show they had been sent there. I guess with no ki sensing they are all just defending their own homes or cities. But it seems a bit hard to believe they aren't seeing these explosions and stuff. I guess zaha might have been spamming them with more enemies, who knows.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:20 am

Does anyone know if there is any video or like scripts of the random events that happen to be canon to the storyline?

I can't find any videos of them.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:06 pm

A lot has changed since my last post in this thread, the main one being that I had an accident and broke my feet, which means more time playing Legends (YAY!), no... being serious now, the game hasn't been the best in recent months...

I don't understand this obsession with every LL SP now being a dual unit, not only that, now they're exploring "what-if" territories? GoCock shouldn't even exist! And its event is completely dispensable, as we don't even have a decent interaction between Goku and Bardock in it.

Also I didn't have luck to get the new ULTRA (like that's something new), nor new Beasthan.

About the story so far:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:55 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:06 pm A lot has changed since my last post in this thread, the main one being that I had an accident and broke my feet, which means more time playing Legends (YAY!), no... being serious now, the game hasn't been the best in recent months...

I don't understand this obsession with every LL SP now being a dual unit, not only that, now they're exploring "what-if" territories? GoCock shouldn't even exist! And its event is completely dispensable, as we don't even have a decent interaction between Goku and Bardock in it.

Also I didn't have luck to get the new ULTRA (like that's something new), nor new Beasthan.

About the story so far:
Yeah I suspect that it'll be Broly but with Shallet taking the place of Gogeta. Present Vegeta, hell present anyone, except Present Goku and the gods has not appeared at all so far..

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:30 am

New story spoilers.

Well I guess Shallet is out.

Did feeeza know about or witness Boos regeneration?

I feel bad for them both but the good guy team was getting kinda bloated.

I wonder how long the broly arc will last, it's cool but it's distracting that Zaha is just standing around waiting for shallot.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:04 am

I appreciated the love GT received in these last few banners, too bad I couldn't get anything from it.

Spend a lot of CC for that sweet LL Super 17 and yet nothing...

Now we're on a Android arc episode campaign and as much as I like the new LL being Super Vegeta, I'm a bit annoyed that EVERY new unit nowadays has freaking blast armor. Remember when that was somewhat exclusive to SP Coola cause he ACTUALLY was show to have that on his movie?

But I'm probably late in making these complaints, as currently the biggest of them all are these same new units coming with 'double' vanish gauge, which is also pretty annoying...

About the story so far...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:42 pm

I appreciated the love GT received in these last few banners, too bad I couldn't get anything from it.
Now this time it's by my own choice, the new Super Baby Vegeta 2 seems great, but something tells me it would be better to save my Chrono Crystals for the future (especially considering that the game's anniversary is just 2 months away).

I don't even need to say that I failed once again in trying to summon an ULTRA, so I definitely didn't get the new SSJ2 Kid Gohan. But hey, I got the new Super Vegeta and it is quite decent.

About the story so far:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs