"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jord » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:00 am

Cold Skin wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:39 pm Note that all character models have been replaced by next-gen models with more polygons, smoothing every curv.

Super Saiyan 2 Gohan's picture below is nice to see how all (or at least most) curves have been smoothed with extra polygons all over to really avoid the angular effect (watch the ear, the fingers, the wristband, the muscles all along the arm, the shoulder...
(for a bigger view, you can right-click and open the picture in a new tab).

This makes one of the most beautiful and faithful DB game even closer to the art of the original material(s).

However, the cost of that beautiful upgrade is one specific shot of a Dramatic Finish: it seems the facial animation was not applied to (or failed to work with) the new model, Gohan not smiling anymore when he has beaten Cell and having a weird, barely opened mouth while sounding like he's gasping for air. You can even see the "smile wrinkles" still in place around the nose and meant to surround the mouth where it's supposed to be when he smiles. As far as I know, this is the only graphical accident of the new models and it might be updated later to fix the issue.
Good call! You've got sharp eyes, my friend. Thanks for sharing.

I recently bought the Xbox version, got the upgrade and I still can't believe how unbelievable pretty this game is. I don't play competitively and still enjoy sharpening my skills against the CPU, but even if you just use auto-combos and such, the game's still fun to play. The roster's great as well and I'm currently learning to play as characters I didn't play before, such as Tenshinhan.
Every character has so much love put into it.

I'm hoping for a sequel but for now this game is still fun to play for a bit every day. (I love the Tournament of Power mode for a few quick rounds)

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:24 pm

https://twitter.com/dragonballgames/sta ... 6048793971
We are aware that players are encountering issues with the rollback netcode function in #DBFZ.

The team is currently working to address these problems within April.

We will provide updates once we have a confirmed release date.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:32 am

One bug I notice with the series X version is how the start buttion doesnt' work during local vs matches. There is a work wound by pressing the home button.