How strong do you think Broly was as a kid?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

How strong do you think Broly was as a kid?

Post by Yasai9001 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:02 pm

As a kid, i mean around the time Broly was first shown in his Dragon Ball Super Movie as a child up to before his growth spurt into his adult body.

His resting battle-power for being approximately three years old, was said to be 920.

That’s not his full-power at the time. He gets rage boosts far more significant than Gohan ever had in his entire existence. How strong do you imagine Broly’s power was at its very extent (excluding the wrathful rage that taps into his Oozaru Power.

100,000? 1,000,000?

>>>>Final Form Freeza?

He showed his ability to adapt to battle quickly despite not getting the utmost fruits of his training because of being trained by Paragus. Even still, when approached by his father for the first time, Broly got into a battle stance. He had no experience with fighting or wasn’t taught anything, yet he was ready to fight (something that Goku more than likely did to Son Gohan when he first got picked up {Grandpa Gohan had scratches and marks in Dragon Ball Minus}

A 40+ year old Broly was capable of reaching far past top tier Boo Saga levels of power in his base form

So how about when he was just Gohan’s age during the Saiyan Saga?

Or 9 years at the Cell Games?

All onto being around 15, 16. You believe he’d be able to take the entire Freeza Army in its prime at the young age of 3? 5? 9?

What’s your opinion. Any power level number guesses? This is pure speculation so any feedback is appreciated and any reasons why. Hoping to have a conversation

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: How strong do you think Broly was as a kid?

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:42 pm

Nice thread.

We know Broly by the time he meets the gang will cap at post-Buu arc SS(one can go nuts trying to see how strong that actually is), and also that he'll stagnate for years before that.
I don't think Broly needs to be in the millions by the time he is 3, if Vegeta was already above the King (10k?) and Broly was above Vegeta, then Broly being in the low 20,000s works for me. Z Broly was born with a PL of 10k, so doubling or tripling that after a few years makes sense to me.
However, if he turned Ohzaru and reached 200k, the planet probably would've been destroyed or seriously damaged, but he managed to only secure food and shelter... so I think Broly turned Ohzaru on top of those 900 units of power, becoming a 10k-ish Giant Ape, without being at full power.

Anyway, he should have a decent, steady growth in the first few years due to training with Paragus who was stronger than his relaxed state.
A 5 year old Broly, with 2 years of training under Paragus, probably would be above Ginyu, but I doubt he'd be as strong as 1st form Freeza. Becoming 10x stronger in 2 years seems feasible for him, especially training under somebody he surpassed a long time ago.

I'd say Broly by the age of 10 should be in the low millions, similar to Gohan, who had the advantage of being constantly tested on the battlefield while Broly only had shitty Paragus to spar with. Normally, Broly should be weaker but his freakish nature makes up for it. By now he should be able to wipe the entire Freeza army sans Freeza.

As a teenager, he'd probably be stronger than 50% Freeza, easily. And above his FP as an ohzaru.
After the age of 20, he probably reaches a base power above android arc SS, probably 2nd form Cell tier, his rate of growth slows down, eventually becoming as strong as a ToP SS.
Broly is pushing 50, so in 30 years growing from a Cell arc level to high end Buu arc level isn't that big of a gain.

I haven't given much thought to this, so I'd like to read other takes.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:17 pm

Thank you, and I'm glad you responded; the sole reason I brought this topic up in the first place was because I was re-watching some scenes of the Broly movie. And the very thought that him having a power-level of 920 making him majority of Saiyans is absolutely insane considering how far we know his rage boosts can take him.
I don't think Broly needs to be in the millions by the time he is 3, if Vegeta was already above the King (10k?) and Broly was above Vegeta, then Broly being in the low 20,000s works for me
That's actually reasonable imo. Recalling the scene where King Vegeta was checking on the Prince, when he had pressed the scouter up to the incubation chamber, the sheer anxiety coming from Broly made the scouter's bust. Son Gohan's anxiety and fear had his innate potential coming at a battle-power of just over 700 (prior to the rage boost).

The scouters supplied to the Saiyans back then at the time by Freeza was outdated compared to the ones we see in the Namek Arc as well as the Resurrection F Movie and so on so forth, right? I think that plays a role as well, but we all know is that it only takes a great burst of energy of extreme excelled rates for a scouter to bust

So Broly's resting power at the time was 920. Him getting mad could be a minor boost of 2X (1,840), to ten times perhaps? (Oozaru rage boost?), which could equate to damn near ten thousand. For you to suggest that his peak power around this time could be 20,000 is reasonable; I think about it like this: Broly's power was great enough as a mere child to kill 99% of the Saiyan race if he wanted to. To see him be able to take on a younger Dodoria, Zarbon, etc and potentially best them would be bananas enough for everyone to see a three year old child do. I think that's perfectly reasonable imo. The Oozaru stack on top of 920 also makes perfect sense. I agree with anything from around 10,000 to 20,000 is cool.

Broly may be a wild mutant, but he is still a kid in a very, very small body. So for his physical state to push itself to powers way beyond his little imagination at the time would not only drive his kid brain crazy potentially, but also his body. Saiyans are sturdy people and quickly adapt, but they're not invincible. Just super human-like aliens with tails and crazy shit.
Anyway, he should have a decent, steady growth in the first few years due to training with Paragus who was stronger than his relaxed state.
A 5 year old Broly, with 2 years of training under Paragus, probably would be above Ginyu, but I doubt he'd be as strong as 1st form Freeza. Becoming 10x stronger in 2 years seems feasible for him, especially training under somebody he surpassed a long time ago.
And your guesses around the age of 5 isn't much too generous, nor is it the opposite. With the sheer harsh environment provided by Planet Vampa, and having to constantly deal with those Giant spiders, and Paragus' training on top of that, Broly would come to have great control of his power, chi control, etc. We saw how much the Earthlings grew in power in just a year of strenuous training on Earth.

For the sake of logic, I don't think Paragus was extremely hard on Broly during his training until he managed to find a way to control him just incase he became too much to handle. And even then by that time, who's to say that Paragus would even take it hard on him? Still, Broly's body is getting used to battle, movements, using chi, etc etc. I don't think his increase in power would be the equivalent to the boost that the Earthlings got from their one year of preparation for the Saiyans, however keeping in mind that he's a mutant, a Saiyan, and is on a very dangerous, desolate planet full of creatures more powerful than his father (I'm assuming because Paragus never showed us that he was capable of taking down these monsters), his boost in strength could be anywhere from.a 3x increase to a ten times increase. Broly learns and develops far faster than the average Saiyan (think Leek or Taro), and far much more than the gifted ones (Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta).

I agree that the ten times increase would be feasible as well. Being over 9,000 at his resting state at the sheer age of five years old means that he would without a doubt blow 99% of Freeza's army out of the water. At this time and despite his great strength, I don't even think he'd be able to become a Super Saiyan no matter how rageful he got.

Everything else you've just said, I can't even argue against it. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it because Broly's sheer gaps in power in the movie is insane. At age ten, I don't even think Freeza would be able to best him without getting a run for his money. The only thing Freeza has against Broly is experience and sheer deceipt, quick witted thoughts.

Anything from say around the age of where Goku is at the start of Dragon Ball and onward, I don't think anybody is touching him. I believe that around this time, if brought to it, he could genuinely become a Super Saiyan and best those who cross his path.

Really something to think over. I appreciate your response.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:20 am

We have official previews for the movie that puts his power at 10,000 as a kid. I'm guessing this is when he gets his rage boosts since his normal power is at 920.

I have no idea if his Oozaru form would take that or his rage power as it's base.

I see no problem in Broly completely destroying everything in Z in his teens or early 20's considering he was in the trillions by the movie in only his base form.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:14 am

I would imagine that Broly being as strong as he is happened a lot more recently than back in his youth, otherwise he absolutely would have been sensed by others on Earth, Namek, and other sections of the cosmos like Kaioshin's world. Broly lost control on a number of occasions in his life, yet it was never enough to be universally-detected by anyone who could sense Ki in the way that SSJ3 Goku had in the Boo arc. I could see that by the events of DBS: Broly, he had not lost control for several years and in that interim, had gotten as strong as did but just didn't have any need to power up at that point, being stronger than everything on Planet Vampa even in a relaxed state.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:45 am

There's no way to tell if he grew steadily, if he grew this strong at the beginning of his life, or mostly at the end or on Earth.
He is roughly Vegeta's age, and assuming he was introduced with a power that ranges from Raditz to KK Goku, this is how strong I think he'd be in each arc in his base, with a conservative take.

Saiyan arc/Namek arc: Super Vegeta to Perfect Cell.
-He clears.
Androids/Cell arc: SS2 Gohan level to Mr. Buu.
-He clears, even though he lacks technique and would have a bad start, SS2 Gohan would drop the lead due to being so confident.
Buu arc: SS3 Goku to Ultimate Gohan.
- Buutenks or Buuhan and Super Vegito would play the role of SSB Goku in the movie, Buuhan might absorb him and probably can kill/eat him before things get outta hand, Super Vegito clears.

I think now is when his power starts to "stagnate", with little growth between each DBS arc, perhaps due to Paragus' ageing*, ending with Broly being stronger than SS Vegeta (strong enough to beat Buuhan in his amped SS form) but weaker than SSG Vegeta.

BoG to BR: Buutenks to below Super Vegito, which is where I assume SS Vegeta from the Broly Movie caps, requiring SSG.

You can make a case saying his resting power is below Gohan's rage power (920 vs 1,300), and base your thoughts on that to place Broly around Gohan's power. I'd say he is one step ahead of Gohan, and the Kaioshin ritual made Gohan catch up with him.

*even though I'm arbitrarily saying this is when, just because that's when DB originally ended, it probably happened, if it's related to Paragus, during the 7 year period between Cell and Buu, due to Broly outgrowing his sparring partner.