"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by shadd21 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:38 am

Beerus, Whis, Videl, Adult Gohan, and Future Gohan also confirmed..

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:30 am

shadd21 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:38 am Beerus, Whis, Videl, Adult Gohan, and Future Gohan also confirmed..
Android 17 (Z) too because Future Gohan is throwing him

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:57 am

shadd21 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:38 am Beerus, Whis, Videl, Adult Gohan, and Future Gohan also confirmed..
Wow, they actually added Future Gohan with one arm?

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:41 pm

Confirmed Characters so far: 62 in Total!
Let's predict the characters using context clues: this brings us to 111 characters!
Now we fill in the blanks for the sagas: now we're at 143
so for the remaining characters I gotta make a wishlist, I'll make sure to include OG DB, GT and Superhero

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:55 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:41 pm 148. Super Baby Vegeta 2
BT2 and BT3 had all of Baby Vegeta's forms, so I hope the same will be here.
I'll rather have him as DLC but with all transformations, than in base game and only in his last ones.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:44 pm

Xeogran wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:55 pm
Bardock God of Time wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:41 pm 148. Super Baby Vegeta 2
BT2 and BT3 had all of Baby Vegeta's forms, so I hope the same will be here.
I'll rather have him as DLC but with all transformations, than in base game and only in his last ones.
I picked that one because it's the most iconic form for him and there were only so many character slots.

But if he doesn't show up in the base game, all of his forms will probably be dlc.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:38 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:41 pm Confirmed Characters so far: 62 in Total!
Let's predict the characters using context clues: this brings us to 111 characters!
so for the remaining characters I gotta make a wishlist, I'll make sure to include OG DB, GT and Superhero
I sincerely, sincerely hope the char select screen will have all transformations of a character hidden behind their 'basic' thumbnail, otherwise the roster screen will just be a yellow haired dots covering 1/3 of the screen.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:39 pm

Nickolaidas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:38 pm
Bardock God of Time wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:41 pm Confirmed Characters so far: 62 in Total!
I sincerely, sincerely hope the char select screen will have all transformations of a character hidden behind their 'basic' thumbnail, otherwise the roster screen will just be a yellow haired dots covering 1/3 of the screen.
I'm sure it'll be structured like BT3's character select screen where you select Goku Mid and then his Transformation is shown

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:30 am

Can't wait for this game, but I'm still disappointed because the roster is pretty much all Goku and Vegeta's skin swaps.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:24 am

Trouser wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:30 am Can't wait for this game, but I'm still disappointed because the roster is pretty much all Goku and Vegeta's skin swaps.
Yup.

Yeah, sure 200 characters, yippe and all, but 80 of them being Goku/Vegeta/Trunks/Gohan swaps is just super lame.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:44 pm

Trouser wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:30 am Can't wait for this game, but I'm still disappointed because the roster is pretty much all Goku and Vegeta's skin swaps.
The point of the game is to have a bigger roster from Tenkaichi 3, albeit only by 3 slots but we're seeing the return of characters who were in BT3. Z Goku had 3 variations which are returning. (early, mid and end)

We don't know how these other Goku's are going to play, they could have different movesets for all we know.

I hope with DLC we get the remaining BT3 characters and stages and new content to the series.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:29 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:44 pm
The point of the game is to have a bigger roster from Tenkaichi 3, albeit only by 3 slots but we're seeing the return of characters who were in BT3. Z Goku had 3 variations which are returning. (early, mid and end)

We don't know how these other Goku's are going to play, they could have different movesets for all we know.

I hope with DLC we get the remaining BT3 characters and stages and new content to the series.
That's the thing about these Gokus. I've heard a lot of people say they'd be clones of each other, but other than them sharing the Kamehameha and the occasional Meteor rush attack, they usually have different combo strings back in BT3, even between different forms of the same character. There's a reason why people tend to like Goku (Mid), his combos are just really damn fun, and his Spirit Bomb is absolutely broken at full power. And if you wanna look at a different Goku, SS2 Goku's combos are all based around his fight against Majin Vegeta (since that was the only major fight that form had).

And plus, we already know some of these returning forms will be getting new attacks, such as SS3 Goku getting Super Dragon Twin Fist and SS2 Vegeta getting Cosmic Circle.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:06 pm

I suppose splitting Goku and Vegeta into their DBS eras was more or less unavoidable, given all the new forms they’ve had, but did they really need to split Cell arc and Boo arc Vegeta into separate characters again? The Raging Blast games had already done away with that, and that was two console generations ago. For that matter, couldn’t they have split Z Goku into two eras, instead of doing the early, mid and end thing from BT3?

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:21 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:06 pm I suppose splitting Goku and Vegeta into their DBS eras was more or less unavoidable, given all the new forms they’ve had, but did they really need to split Cell arc and Boo arc Vegeta into separate characters again? The Raging Blast games had already done away with that, and that was two console generations ago. For that matter, couldn’t they have split Z Goku into two eras, instead of doing the early, mid and end thing from BT3?
Think it's mainly fan service and I guess maybe at some point they're planning on having the whole BT3 roster recreated in the game.

But we only have one Piccolo, there were two Piccolos in BT3.

I hope they bring back the missing characters from RB2 at some point, including SSJ3 Vegeta and SSJ3 Broly.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:35 am

Considering the screenshots show Piccolo doing attacks his BT3 (Early) version did, I do have a feeling Piccolo (End) will still appear on the roster, probably with a different name. Like, what if they renamed him Piccolo (Super) and gave him his Power Awakened, Orange and Giant forms.

As for returning characters, I want Arale, Yajirobe, Devilman Spike, Tarble, and Hatchiyack.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:28 pm

I’m starting to feel bad for Spike it’s clear they’ve improved immensely from Jump Force but as usual as seen in this thread via the old-heads complaints “spike is being lazy again” “where’s Rildo” blah blah blah. It’s like when Devs for DB games actually have time and budget, & try for a change the response from certain fans is still negative as if this was one of the generic rushed Bandai anime games from yesteryear.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:09 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:06 pm I suppose splitting Goku and Vegeta into their DBS eras was more or less unavoidable, given all the new forms they’ve had, but did they really need to split Cell arc and Boo arc Vegeta into separate characters again? The Raging Blast games had already done away with that, and that was two console generations ago. For that matter, couldn’t they have split Z Goku into two eras, instead of doing the early, mid and end thing from BT3?
Yeah, they definitely could've combined the two Vegetas, especially considering there aren't really any distinguishing moves between base and SSJ1 between the two arcs and they'll likely just recycle various Big Bangs, Final Flashes, Maximum Flashers, etc. as it was in the previous games. Goku is probably split between Early/Mid because of all of his various movies and Genkidama sizes.
Bardock God of Time wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:21 pm But we only have one Piccolo, there were two Piccolos in BT3.
Having only one Piccolo makes even less sense than it would have in 2007, considering he actually has transformations now. They could even just throw Potential Unleashed/Orange/Giant onto his End form. His mouth blast, Saibamen kill move, Makankosappo and Gekiretsu Kodan should all be represented. I don't really care about Hellzone Grenade because that move sucks, but still.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 am

I don't care if the gameplay will suck, but I definitely love the visuals! As current gen Dragon Ball was long time overdue and altho, I sympatize with young people, students and some, who can't really afford the latest metal, keeping games compatible with 2 generations of platforms with some of the JP franchise games being going even three generations back, thanks to recycling, makes a fan bit unhappy.
As far as FighterZ was on model and the winner in visual department, this is a strong contender.
I will save my final judgement for the final product, but I really like the character models and visuals, the artstyle is vibrant like anime without any overt stylization, like the plasticky Raging Blast for example.

Hence my message to Spike is, make the gameplay fun, avoid overcomplicated and broken combos and go for the feel of the show.
With this type of game, I prefer theatrics and visuals over competivity. For that I have FighterZ :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:13 am