Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by goku1234 » Sat May 04, 2024 10:09 pm

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon May 06, 2024 3:23 pm

While Gohan going to Roahi and Korin makes sense I wonder why no one suggested Popo who didn't suggest the time chamber.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon May 06, 2024 6:03 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:23 pm While Gohan going to Roahi and Korin makes sense I wonder why no one suggested Popo who didn't suggest the time chamber.
Maybe Popo too espresso depresso about Kami being dead to care anymore. lol

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 07, 2024 12:24 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:23 pm While Gohan going to Roahi and Korin makes sense I wonder why no one suggested Popo who didn't suggest the time chamber.
Goku was the one who originally suggested it in the first place and he died before hand.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue May 07, 2024 3:30 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:24 pm
Goku was the one who originally suggested it in the first place and he died before hand.
Goku thought about it yesterday but Popo also knew about the room. Gohan had to meet Korin because he has sensu beans so it was just a small nag since Multiverse says Gohan sought out Goku's old teachers.

The Android future is hard to write for anyone because Toriyama had to scale the heroes a certain way but it doesn't line up with what we see main Gohan do so I won't nitpick it but Gohan's potential should have kicked in.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:30 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:24 pm
Goku thought about it yesterday but Popo also knew about the room. Gohan had to meet Korin because he has sensu beans so it was just a small nag since Multiverse says Gohan sought out Goku's old teachers.

The Android future is hard to write for anyone because Toriyama had to scale the heroes a certain way but it doesn't line up with what we see main Gohan do so I won't nitpick it but Gohan's potential should have kicked in.
So the Android Saga seems to me to be inspired by the first Terminator movie. Future destroyed by powerful robots, a few survivors attempting to fight them off, then sending someone back in time. Trunks is Kyle Reese, which should mean that Gohan is John Conner. But wait. Trunks seems to think that Goku will save them, so he's their John Conner? Toriyama didn't just rip off Terminator's story completely, of course. There are parallels, but he didn't copy/paste. The problem is if Gohan is the savior because of his hidden potential...why didn't his future counterpart find the same power to defeat the androids? It's not completely unexplainable, but it's a bit of a plot hole.

It becomes even more silly with the context of future stories. Goten, present timeline Trunks, Cabba, even freaking Bardock, and others all achieving the power of Super Saiyan and beyond with little to no effort. It's like...what's Future Gohan's excuse? His hidden potential was supposed to be what allowed him to go Super Saiyan 2 in the first place, but that hidden potential ain't all it's cracked up to be.