Toei Instagram posting 4:3 Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AlexGanon

Toei Instagram posting 4:3 Dragon Ball

Post by AlexGanon » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:05 am

So lately there have been posts on Toei’s Instagram of 4:3 Dragon Ball, and they look pretty good. They kind of remind me of the Toei 2018 movie remasters in how they look, and was curious if anyone knew where they got these screenshots from?

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: Toei Instagram posting 4:3 Dragon Ball

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:43 am

They look to be promo cel scans from way back. Here are the ones I collected from TOEI's Insta
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

BlueChi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BlueChi » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:35 am

These look amazing, I'd dare say they're an ultimate version unlike any we've seen before, as it was always meant to be.

Now I wait for the monkey's paw to curl.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:10 am

And now they released awful screen shots of one of Funimation's HD release of DBZ episode one.

Joujou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Joujou » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:26 am

eledoremassis02 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:43 am They look to be promo cel scans from way back. Here are the ones I collected from TOEI's Insta
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
thoses are just promo stuffs, they have plenty of thoses, they will never remaster db to look like a little like this, they litteraly don't give a shit to quality, Toei are just retarded

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:57 pm

Joujou wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:26 am thoses are just promo stuffs, they have plenty of thoses, they will never remaster db to look like a little like this, they litteraly don't give a shit to quality, Toei are just retarded
Let's not refer to a corporation with slurs just because a silly cartoon isn't getting a proper remastering.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:45 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:57 pm
Joujou wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:26 am thoses are just promo stuffs, they have plenty of thoses, they will never remaster db to look like a little like this, they litteraly don't give a shit to quality, Toei are just retarded
Let's not refer to a corporation with slurs just because a silly cartoon isn't getting a proper remastering.
While I agree there's no reason to call Toei retarded even if I'm frustrated and a bit mad with them, I don't agree that Dragon Ball is a silly cartoon. It's iconic, worldly popular and should be preserved the best way possible.

Joujou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Joujou » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:55 am

They do this with pretty much every anime they own (mainly those on 16mm). not only "one cartoon" Why are they idiots? Let me list the reasons: both as a company and the incompetence of those who work there.

- The infamous green tint they can't even own up to as a color space error demonstrates the sheer incompetence of their technicians, and Dragon Ball is far from the only product they sell affected by this amateurish mistake.

- The fact that a fan group (Kineko) manages to achieve much better results in terms of image quality than them from sources that should be of lower quality also show how stupid they are, more and more people are seeing how pitiful légal release are thanks to fan team like seed of might that show how dragon ball should have looked
- What's the point of delaying the release of box sets (Dragon Ball box 2 in France) for months when in commerce, spacing out the sale of a product only risks dampening the excitement? And all of this just for the visual of the box set (because yes, that's what it's all about).

i could give more example about it but it already show what i want to show

The fact is, both strategically and commercially, Toei Animation comes off as amateurs in the industry due to the multitude of mistakes they make.

which low brain people will sell a product with beautiful hd promo shots when the product inside is just garbage that even a 15 years amateur kids can do far better , When people whose job it is perform 1000x worse than amateurs, serious questions need to be asked

Joujou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Joujou » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:31 am

They do this with pretty much every anime they own (mainly those on 16mm). not only "one cartoon" Why are they idiots? Let me list the reasons: both as a company and the incompetence of those who work there.

- The infamous green tint they can't even own up to as a color space error demonstrates the sheer incompetence of their technicians, and Dragon Ball is far from the only product they sell affected by this amateurish mistake.

- The fact that a fan group (Kineko) manages to achieve much better results in terms of image quality than them from sources that should be of lower quality also show how stupid they are, more and more people are seeing how pitiful légal release are thanks to fan team like seed of might that show how dragon ball should have looked
- What's the point of delaying the release of box sets (Dragon Ball box 2 in France) for months when in commerce, spacing out the sale of a product only risks dampening the excitement? And all of this just for the visual of the box set (because yes, that's what it's all about).

The fact is, both strategically and commercially, Toei Animation comes off as amateurs in the industry due to the multitude of mistakes they make.

which low brain people will sell a product with beautiful hd promo shots when the product inside is just garbage that even a 15 years amateur kids can do far better , When people whose job it is perform 1000x worse than amateurs, serious questions need to be asked

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:16 am

Joujou wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:55 am

I'm well aware that Toei Animation does a shitty job of preserving their projects. I did not question that.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Joujou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Joujou » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 am

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:16 am
I'm well aware that Toei Animation does a shitty job of preserving their projects. I did not question that.
and i called them retard because everything in their strategy doesn't make sense. They are doing everything to make piracy the best way to see their product, a fan team already released the whole db serie illegaly in the best possible way to watch it and gt should appear soon , so instead of speeding up the process with AB group that are doing something legaly and decent, they are making shit with stupid things like covers etc and the illegal release will probably kill the legal one. it's just nonsence.

they perfectly know what people want, they perfectly know what goes wrong in their release (only by seeing how much video they strike) but they simply don't want to do things professionnaly and persist with retarded encode, no gradation
doing everything like the worsts amateur could do and nitpick with companies that are trying to do something decent with show
Toei is shit even with company that worked with them, they will nitpick for a visual like if only packaging matter, everyone laugh about them nowadays

having an HD scan for Hokuto no ken (release sd in japan in the 2008 box) and use the 2003 shit master in an sd bluray (and worst things is that they didn't even made SD Bluray from the sd source, they only remuxed the mpeg2 audio with ac3 audio into a m2ts file
it's just pitiful in every way
But what bother me the most is that's because spend money on trash release that they will allways persist on doing it like all retard that buy dvd and bluray only for the packaging and that they will not even watch the content

Toei don't derserve to be respected, they are basicaly trolling fans, showing the worst disrespect towards their custumers, fooling with nice packaging but inside it's pure trash, doing everything against fans , even lying when talking with them "claiming that the d65/dci colorspace error" is not a mistake but how it was purpose etc. nothing deserve to be respected
they are professionnal, we are custumers, we want "professionnal" work that's the minimum and even the minimum isn't possible with them
so no they'll never deserve "respect"

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:45 am

Joujou wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 am
JulieYBM wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:16 am
and i called them retard
And I criticized your use of the term 'retard' because it's an ableist slur used against people who aren't neurotypical. I criticize Toei Animation all the time, and I do it without calling them retards like a fourteen year old in 1999.
She/Her
bisexual milf

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:01 am

And in this scenario the words you're looking for are "lazy" and "incompetent"

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:23 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:01 am And in this scenario the words you're looking for are "lazy" and "incompetent"
I'm loath to fight yet another battle, but the word 'lazy' sucks shit, too, for a whole host of reasons.

The executives at Toei Animation are greedy capitalists who put profits over art preservation. They steal from their workers, then turn around and poorly preserve the worl of those same workers. They're disgusting.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Wed May 01, 2024 4:34 pm

Well, I was not aware of it because I don't have an instagram account. I have a twitter and can follow anyone back if interested (same user name).

Those shots are indeed amazing, thank you for sharing them.

No Dragon Ball GT yet I see...