What's this? A well done DBZ vs Naruto video? No way!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:42 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:
Super Sonic wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote: Kyuubi itself, yeah. But Naruto would die if Kyuubi fully broke loose. Just 3 or 4 tails' worth of power, and Naruto's almost toast.

...burnt toast.
What the heck is a kyuubi? Is it fox-related like Kyubimon from Tamers?
Kyuubi no Youko (Nine-Tailed Demon Fox), is the original Japanese name for the demon that is inside Naruto. In Japanese mythology, foxes(kitsune) are often featured. They're kind of akin to the Native American folklore about Coyote I find. Foxes in the myths often had multiple tails, which indicated how old and spiritually advanced they were. Nine-tailed foxes(kyuubui no kitsune), were considered to be the most powerful and lngest lived(usually 1000 years), of all.
Thanks Jersey. I'm more used to the translated terms from US manga and anime, and since they just translate his name all the time. So now I realize the gist behind Kyubimon's name.

And Kunzait, if you're wondering what's with Naruto's look, Kishimoto-sensei wanted his sereis to stand out from other ninja tales. And which stands out more than a blond ninja in an orange jumpsuit?

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:30 pm

Onikage725 wrote: And planetary destruction does make Z somewhat retarded. That isn't a bias, its an observation. The series seriously gets ridiculous.

If I can objectively admit that, I don't get why Naruto fans (I guess I should say some, cuz I count as a Naruto fan) can't admit that just because Kakashi is in all ways the shit doesn't mean he would smite Cell era Piccolo with ease on those grounds alone. And please don't anyone say Sharingan, because that is limited to the users own ability to manipulate chakra, and Kakashi has admitted that his level in this regard isn't anything special.
I said essentially the same thing earlier and got ripped to hell by a few people here but now nobody even says anything, whats the deal?
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:51 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:
Pain wrote:Does anyone agree that the Narutards give the characters in Naruto too much credit?
SSJ2bardock wrote:Maybe if comparing characters within the show to one another, but not when comparing it to Naruto. If you look at it logically you can pretty easily deduce that the characters from DBZ would defeat Naruto characters. Fact, DBZ characters can destroy entire planets as early as the the very first saga of the anime. Fact, DBZ characters have become infinitley stronger at the end of the series compared to the beginning. Fact, Naruto characters cannot destroy planets. Fact, DBZ characters are much stronger than Naruto characters.

We also have some insight to the deduction that DBZ would defeat Naruto, Goku defeated a master ninja when he was only a child so the ninja abilities of Naruto characters wouldn't be as effective as the fans would like you to believe. Now I realize that the ninja from Dragonball isn't anywhere near as strong as the characters from Naruto, but it is proof that Goku has defeated a ninja.

I love how people here moan and act all butthurt about how their fav series DBZ gets unfairly bashed by judgemental elitists who talk against it like they know way more than they do, yet dont hesitate to turn around and display the exact same behaviour with Naruto. Give me a freaking break. :roll:
Raki wrote: In the same way we might give characters from Dragonball too much credit.
Couldn't agree more. 8)
Please don't make me look like that type of person. I've read Naruto and I knew what I was talking about when I said "Narutards give Naruto too much credit." Same goes for DBZ. I wasn't bashing it. And I'd like it if you didn't make me sound like one of those "Naruto sucks. I hate all anime but DBZ" kind of people.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:59 am

I said essentially the same thing earlier and got ripped to hell by a few people here but now nobody even says anything, whats the deal?
First, you were far from 'ripped to hell' and second your post didn't come across as objective in the slightest.
Is there a point in the series where it's size is clearly seen? I've read the whole manga(may have just forgotten... in it's latest appearance, it was hard to tell but didn't look over a hundred), so if it's at least in the anime, which ep?
I don't remember where, exactly, I got that number from. I think it was some sort of guide for the manga that mentioned Kyuubi's feet in meters (I do remeber the measurement was in meters) and then I converted to feet.
The argument often brought up to that is the fact that genjutsu is done by manipulating the chakra of an apponent. DB characters don't have chakra, making genjutsu useless on them.
Aside from what others have said about the two being similar concepts, we also don't know for a fact that the Z characters lack Chakra. We just know that they don't use Chakra in battle.
And if psychic attacks or things like that worked on them Chaoatzu would've been a force to be feared, but they get over that quick.
That's mental energy, though, which is also a seperate general concept from the likes of Chakra and Ki. In the case of Chaotzu's mental techniques, they're still relient on his powerlevel. The same can't be said for Chakra techniques.
I don't feel like sifting through all the posts right now, but has anyone pointed out yet the fact that due to the ridiculous physical speed, strength, and stamina (that would put a lot of DC and Marvel characters to shame) of the DBZ characters that most Naruto characters probably wouldn't last more than a few seconds in an up close melee brawl with them? Cause I think that's one point worth mentioning.
Yeah, that's what most people are basing the debate on. But, as you said, it's fairly obvious that the Z characters outclass nearly everyone, even in the world of US comics, when it comes to physical power and durability. But Naruto characters never really rely on those anyway, their skills surpass the realm of phsyical attributes. And as the concepts of Chakra and Ki in the two series seem to show different forms of energy (Ki's not nearly as versatile as Chakra) you can't really know what kind of difference that might have when it comes to battle. Sure, Naruto may not be able to blow up the moon with a Rasengan, but that doesn't mean it would be completely in-effective against everyone either. Unlike with a Kamehameha the Rasengan doesn't rely soley on the users power so we just don't know.
@Jerseymilk: I'm a pretty big fan of both series, and I have to agree that power comparisons like this are silly. I think a Dragon Ball/Naruto crossover would be very fun, but I don't see the point in comparing Z.
Doing one myself. Well, it's a multi-series crossover. (It's the fic the fanart I linked to is for.) Handful of character dimension hopping to stop an inter-dimensional tyrant dude. A few originals, Goku (21st Budokai), Naruto, Sakura, Rock Lee, and Hinata (all from the Chuunin Exams). Only a few chapters done so far, none posted. Lee and Goku have already made internal comments about feats they've seen each other do which as laid out the basis for strength comparisons (phsycially speaking). Which amount to Goku being naturally as fast and strong as Lee is with his weights off and using the Initial Lotus.

But I also make clear distinctions in the types of energies being used. Ki and Chakra just two of the lot. Ki is largely brute force and can produce highly powerful individuals while Chakra users are realtively weak in and of themselves but Charka's a power-house energy. A good example of this in the story is one of the Ki using villains knocking Gaara out with a single Ki blast to the head just a few moments after Gaara wiped out the guy's entire platoon of men by crushing them all.

I've also got it set up that the various energies (Mana, Ki, Chakra, Spirit Energy, and Mental Energy) have advantages and disadvantages against each other. Such Ki users generally being more easily overpowered by Chakra (due to a variety of factors that would take ages to explain).
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:02 am

Like I said before, nothing good can ever come from this. It's a swirling black hole of ignorance that we're all getting sucked into. We are all dumber for getting dragged into this and may Mr. Toriyama have mercy on our souls.
Last edited by SSJ2bardock on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

dchan316
Beyond Newbie

Post by dchan316 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:17 am

Ahhh...good memories. Naruto came to me when I was almost a decade into being a Dragonball fan. It was something new, and fresh, yet familiar, and I enjoyed it immensely. I think around the Kakashi flashback arc, I went back and read Dragonball, and realized that that one was truly my favorite, but still enjoyed Naruto. So this was definitely a fun vid watch.
(I just wish I could enjoy the newer Naruto as I do the earlier half...)