Red Ribbon Army Lyrics...?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Red Ribbon Army Lyrics...?

Post by Dai » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:53 pm

This could very well be me being weird, but I vaguely remember seeing lyrics to the insert song ''Red Ribbon Army'' on Daizenshuu EX, but now I can't find them anywhere. Of course, my memory is probably messing with me, again. But I still wonder... Has this song simply not been done yet? If so, why did Julian claim having done all directly DragonBall-series related songs? Could it have been up before, but deleted for some reason?

If anyone could give a reply to confirm I am either turning insane or still sane as a cricket, or simply even take the time to read these needless rantings, I'd be much obliged.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:34 pm

Could http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/db/dbrrarmy.htm be the one you're looking for?

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:30 pm

Magica wrote:Could http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/db/dbrrarmy.htm be the one you're looking for?
That one isn't correct. If you look at the following segment:

" Sorujaa Reddo Ribon
Ai wo fumitsubushi
Soruja Reddo Ribon
Inochi-shirazu no senshi-tachi
Reddo Ribon Aamii "

Well, the second lin (Ai wo fumitsubushi ) is actually twice as long. For some reason, the last half isn't included in this script.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:29 pm

I'm talking about the lyrics on Daizenshuu EX. I thought Julian had already done them, and can vaguely recall reading them, but right now I can't find them anywhere on the page. Animelyrics is good and all, but I honestly do prefer Julian's translations.

I could be turning insane (Which is a surprisingly possible option), but either Julian had already put the lyrics up once and now they disappeared, or either he has yet to do them. Which makes me wonder why he said he had done all directly series-related lyrics, because ''Red Ribbon Army'' is an insert song.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:05 pm

I don't seem to have those lyrics on my computer... though that wouldn't be the first time I'm missing site files...

Maybe he forgot one? Not sure. He's away for the weekend, though, so we won't find out for a few days.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:09 am

I searched for the words "insert" and "ribbon" on your news archives, but I didn't see anything about it. Only reason I did was because I could have sworn that particular song was mentioned before, and I don't know anything about DB music.

Maybe somebody asked this / a similar question a while back? That's really the only explanation I can think of.
Dai wrote:Which makes me wonder why he said he had done all directly series-related lyrics, because ''Red Ribbon Army'' is an insert song.
Are you sure he said that?

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:53 am

Zackarotto wrote:
Dai wrote:Which makes me wonder why he said he had done all directly series-related lyrics, because ''Red Ribbon Army'' is an insert song.
Are you sure he said that?
I'm pretty sure he didn't, since he's only done about half of them. Dragon Ball had a lot of insert songs.

(for the record, he's missing Aoi Tabibito-tachi, Fushigi Wonderland, Red Ribbon Army and Wolf Hurricane. Perhaps another one too, I'm not sure.)

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:19 pm

Hmm, you're right. Odd that, for I can almost clearly recall him saying being finished with directly-series related songs, and now moving on to the video game tunes, back when he posted up the lyrics to the Son Goku Song and some others. I can vaguely recall reading the Red Ribbon Army lyrics already on Daizex, but my memory could be just acting up. Which seems highly unlikely, however. I can even slightly remember some of the translations.

But heck. I'll just wait for Julian to return and clearly confirm my (in)sanity.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:06 pm

Could somebody tell me what the types of songs are? I know there's Image, Insert, etc. I don't really know what the difference is between them.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:48 pm

An Insert song is a song that's played in the series itself. For instance, Unmei no Hi playing during Gohan's transformation. An Image song is one that is not played anywhere during the series, but merely a song made specifically for that series. They're mostly only released on Soundtracks of the series, and that's the only place you'll see them. For instance, 'JAN JANKA My Way' is an image song, and you'll therefore likely not to have heard of it.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:13 pm

Who keeps Atlantis off the maps/Who keeps the martians under wraps/We do/We do

Oops, wrong song. Sorry. >_>