Dragon Ball Doujinshii's

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Doujinshii's

Post by DNA » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:52 pm

Hi everyone! This is a general topic for the doujinshiis, fan mangas and webcomics related to Dragon Ball that have been appearing. So far three of them have been quite famous (or infamous). I'm talking about Dragon Ball AF, Dragon Ball RN and Dragon Ball Multiverse.

Dragon Ball AF takes place after GT, and tries to connect some "forgotten" characters and tie some loose ends, some examples are the appearances of Tenshinhan and Chaozu, and also Tapion and Minotia. So far it's going well, but unfortunately it got really fast into the fighting part and it seems that it won't go out of it for a while... It should be mentioned that the art emulates really well Toryama's style.

As most of you already know, it was made by a Japanese person by the nickname of Toyble and luckily for us, translated by our very own desirecampbell.

Here are some links:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/toyble/
http://desirecampbell.com/project/dbaf

Next comes Dragon Ball RN. I haven't got much to say about this one, my opinion about it is that it's atrocious, no character acts like it should, the drawings aren't that fantastic and the overall plot is silly. Kudos for something though, at least on my part, every now and then I actually check the comic out of sheer curiosity of what's going to happen next.

Link:
http://www.dragonballrn.com/

Last but definitely not least, Dragon Ball Multiverse. Now this one is a relatively new one, the art is pretty good, and the plot seems interesting and well constructed, some new "old" characters, lots of fan service, done in a presentable and plausible way.

Link:
http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-1.html

And now it's time for your thoughts and comments, and also if you know of any other fan comics, I would very much like to read them and add them in this post.

Since everyone is doing a fine and clean job in their posts, I think it's not worth to actually update mine. Keep at it!
Last edited by DNA on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:30 pm

Cool stuff! Thanks!
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:16 pm

Dragon Ball RN is sorta cheesy, but the artwork is pretty good.
Trans rights, now!

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:18 pm

SonEric84 wrote:Dragon Ball RN is sorta cheesy, but the artwork is pretty good.
I didn't like it at all! But DBM is awesome! I'm addicted!

Joey Batz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Joey Batz » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:18 pm

The artist for the Dragon Ball Multiverse manga is phenomenal! I would actually pay him money to draw my GT fan manga.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:20 pm

Joey Batz wrote:The artist for the Dragon Ball Multiverse manga is phenomenal! I would actually pay him money to draw my GT fan manga.
Yep, I agree! But that would copyright infringement. Selling other people's work that is!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:30 pm

There used to be a website called Dragonball-Doujinshi. Wonderful place of awesomeness that was. <3

It's been closed down for years though. :(
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:49 pm

Chuquita wrote:There used to be a website called Dragonball-Doujinshi. Wonderful place of awesomeness that was. <3

That sucks...What type of Doujinshi did they have?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:59 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:
Chuquita wrote:There used to be a website called Dragonball-Doujinshi. Wonderful place of awesomeness that was. <3

Almost everything. You could find canon, humor, adventure, romance, all sorts of genres. :mrgreen:

I have a good number of them saved to my computer.

One of my favorites is where they parody the 23rd Budoukai opening; only its Vegeta who's come back from training at Kami's (he's wearing similar clothes Goku wore in that scene, the hat and everything) and is now magically TALL and almost Piccolo's height. Goku's all confused and Bulma's in love and of course Vegeta's all proud of himself being beefier and taller than Goku now. :lol:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:09 pm

lol, post them! Just write the sources!

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:20 pm

Doujinshi Sites:

Here is a great site that lists a lot of the Dragonball doujinshi out there, maybe even all of it.

http://www.doujinshi-online.com/series.php?seriesid=7

Here's another doujinshi index site that has a nice Dragonball section. It's kind of quickly thrown together, with not a lot of pictures, and it has a lot of Yaoi and Hentai which totally disgust me and in my opinion are a disgrace to the series and are obviously not how Toryama intended the series to be. The good thing is that it labels all of the links that contain Yaoi or Hentai so you don't have to see any of it if you don't have to.

http://doujincc.proboards41.com/index.c ... =75&page=1

Here's a nice little collection of Doujinshi scans, created by one of our forums members. It very nice and neat and one of the easier ones to navigate through.

http://bulmanl2.bu.funpic.de/?img=Doujinshi/
-------------------------------------------------------------
Fan Manga:

One of the other greatest fan manga ever created is Dragonball Z: Elsewhere. It was created by a guy named RMK (Aremke over on this forum) who sadly had to put a long term hold on the project due to his commitment to the military and his pursuit of a job as an artist. The good thing is that he has expressed interest in finishing the story in text form, and maybe finishing drawing the manga when he gets the time, and maybe even redrawing what he has already made. You can read more about the closing of the manga in this thread.

Overall, DBZ: Elsewhere has one of the greatest story lines and character development out of all of the fan manga I have ever read...oh ya, and it's about Yamcha! :)

http://www.rmkworld.net/ELSEWHERE/elsewhere.htm

Another good sized Dragonball fan manga is Dragonball NS, a fan manga about Kuririn drawn by ~GT18. I haven't gotten the chance to read too much of this manga, but I hear it's pretty good.

http://gt18.deviantart.com/art/Chapter- ... 0-77003618

One more Fan manga I know about is アドベンチャラー (Adventurer), which is drawn by our very own Big Momma. I'm sure he'll be here soon so I'll let him explain his manga.

http://funkmonkey777.deviantart.com/art ... 1-74390473
-------------------------------------------------
Other Doujinshi Information:

This forums member Mika has a very extensive doujinshi collection, you can PM and ask him any some questions on the doujinshi he has...and probably on some that he doesn't have, since he seems to be somewhat of an expert on them.

Here's his site: http://landi.thegreatchai.com/DBZ/doujin.html

Here's his doujinshi collection:
Mika wrote:I was tidying up today and sorting my shelves out so I decided to get my DBZ doujinshi out. Here goes!

..I should probably say I have been collecting these for a large number of years :oops:
---------------------------------------------------------
Hope this all helps! :wink:
Last edited by SSj_Rambo on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:25 pm

Wow! I have a lot of reading to do! Thank-You!

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:29 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Forgotten Hero wrote:

Almost everything. You could find canon, humor, adventure, romance, all sorts of genres. :mrgreen:

I have a good number of them saved to my computer.
I'd love it you could post some of them here, or at least upload them all to a image sharing site like Photobucket and share the link with us. Thank you ver much for being smart enough to save the pictures...if only I could'ver remebered that for a few of the sites that have gone down in the past year or two.
------------------------------------------------------
Forgotten Hero wrote:Wow! I have a lot of reading to do! Thank-You!
You're very welcome, it took a lot of work so I hope you enjoy it, even though most of the credit goes to the artists of the manga themselves.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:18 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote: One more Fan manga I know about is アドベンチャラー (Adventurer), which is drawn by our very own Big Momma. I'm sure he'll be here soon so I'll let him explain his manga.

http://funkmonkey777.deviantart.com/art ... 1-74390473
:shock:
Thanks for the recognition! It feels weird, though. Looking at some of the other doujinshi's, DBM, DBAF, and even DBRN, mine isn't near as "tidy and neat" as those. But, hey, I'm just not very good at the photoshop stuff! :wink:

However, I've kind of neglected this one because I've been working on 2 other comics. :S

Explanation:
"Adventurer" is about a young saiyan boy who travels the universe looking for the "mystic dragonballs".(A little bit on the cliche' side, but oh well. That's what this fan stuff is about.) They are like the regular dragonballs, but are much different. Instead of spreading throughout the world when they are used like the regular ones, or even throughout the galaxy like the black stars, these go throughout the entire universe.

When he was just an infant, the Adventurer's parents were killed by an evil tyrant. They were killed even before they could name him. Raised by a family friend, Adventurer decides that he will not have a name until he can avenge his parents. He trains on the war-torn planet that the tyrant has ruled over for 15 years. Then, the tyrant attacks and kills once again all of Adventurers loved ones. Remembering what the man who raised him said about the "mystic dragonballs" he decides to travel the universe to find them, and restore the damage that has been done to his home and so many others. Along the way he travels to many other universes in a "Kingdom Hearts"-esque story.

Thats all I could think of on the spot like that, so I'd just say check it out if you're interested!
I only have a few chapters uploaded on Deviant Art, so I'll update it in the Fan Art thread. :)

Here's some preview links though, because it will take a bit for me to update the whole thing.

SPECIAL: This is a 3 Part Special series that I've done to show the origins of Adventurer(What happened to him from his birth to when he left on his journey. Only 2 parts are out, but the 3rd is on its way!)

(I just noticed, the art is kind of crappy at first, but it does get better. I promise!)

Part One

Title Page
Page 01
Page 02
Page 03
Page 04
Page 05
Page 06
Page 07
Page 08
Page 09
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Page 20
Page 21
Page 22
Page 23
Page 24
Page 25
Page 26
Page 27

Part 2
Title Page
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Page 20
Page 21
Page 22
Page 23
Page 24
Page 25
Page 26
Page 27

And here's the actual FIRST CHAPTER of it. I don't have any imageshack links up, sorry. I hope you don't mind a .zip file for now.

Chapter 1

Should I feel like a jerk for posting about my comic like this? Because I kind of do :S I don't mean to be like that, and I hope no one thinks i'm some kind of show-offy jerk.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:47 pm

Big Momma wrote:Should I feel like a jerk for posting about my comic like this? Because I kind of do :S I don't mean to be like that, and I hope no one thinks i'm some kind of show-offy jerk.
You shouldn't feel like a jerk for talking about and linking to your manga in a thread designed for such things. You have every right to promote your work (in a moderately humble manner) and you didn't do it in a "show-offy" way which is really good!

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:54 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
Big Momma wrote:Should I feel like a jerk for posting about my comic like this? Because I kind of do :S I don't mean to be like that, and I hope no one thinks i'm some kind of show-offy jerk.
You shouldn't feel like a jerk for talking about and linking to your manga in a thread designed for such things. You have every right to promote your work (in a moderately humble manner) and you didn't do it in a "show-offy" way which is really good!
Speaking of showboating, I was thinking of starting my fan comic this weekend. A friend of mine mentioned that I should start blog or forum thread to show my progression on the comic. To be honest, I think its good idea. Its on thing to comment about your fan comic, or posting a thread on a completed or ongoing comic but to actually start a spanking new thread on a fan comic I haven't even started yet?

I have to admit, the idea of slowing watching fan comic progress to completion (or any comic for that matter) is cool and I love to show off, because I'm that cool. :roll: But like to know what you guys think about the idea.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:02 pm

Scarz wrote:
Speaking of showboating, I was thinking of starting my fan comic this weekend. A friend of mine mentioned that I should start blog or forum thread to show my progression on the comic. To be honest, I think its good idea. Its on thing to comment about your fan comic, or posting a thread on a completed or ongoing comic but to actually start a spanking new thread on a fan comic I haven't even started yet?

I have to admit, the idea of slowing watching fan comic progress to completion (or any comic for that matter) is cool and I love to show off, because I'm that cool. :roll: But like to know what you guys think about the idea.
Hey, I say go for it!
Thats the same thing I'm doing for "Adventurer" and "Gemstone"(Another comic I'm doing, but its not dragonball related.) However, I'd start it first, and get a little ways into it. There are 2 reasons for this
1) You may get a little into it, and decide you want to do something else, thus leaving the first story uncompleted(And viewers with an unsolved cliffhanger)
2) You may not be able to make chapters at a steady rate. For instance, if you want to release a chapter a week, then you want to have at least 10-15 chapters done before you start putting them on the internet, to give you time to draw chapters and keep having them uploaded every week.

They may not apply to you, but those are just a couple of the problems I've run into.

Good luck! :wink:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog