Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:22 am

It's stupid and silly to call him Mirai, you may as well call him 'future' Trunks.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:37 pm

JulieYBM wrote:It's stupid and silly to call him Mirai, you may as well call him 'future' Trunks.
But then you're just not Japanese enough!

MARAI TRUNKSURU IS SO KAWAIII BAKA CHAN HIS PAPA-SAN WAS BEJITIA WHOS RIVAL IS GOKUAH!
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:19 pm

Just for your informations, the page five pageon the site is missing the forward and backward links.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:12 pm

JulieYBM wrote:It's stupid and silly to call him Mirai, you may as well call him 'future' Trunks.
Doesn't "mirai" mean something along the lines of "alternate," more than "future?"

Anyway, we should just call him "Captain Gary McCool."
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:04 pm

"Mirai" (未来) means "future." The word literally means "[that] which has not yet come."

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:07 pm

Oh, okay. Must've been one of those old, "early-fandom" things that never got cleared up for me. Thanks.
deviantART
[thread]

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:16 pm

Future Trunks, Mirai Trunks, "that which has not yet to come" Trunks. This is getting way to complicated.
Anyway, we should just call him "Captain Gary McCool".
There we go, much, much better.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:05 pm

I love how 16 was used in Future Trunks' universe (on the latest page). I think that it fits his character very well. I also really like how Trunks pointed out how Gohan has "grown a different way", since whenever I see Gohan in his late DBZ form I feel like telling him the same thing and commenting on how he should buck and be the man he was when he was 12!!!

@ Slagir2: I sent you an e-mail regarding the Japanese version of DBM, let me know if it didn't go through.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:52 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:I also really like how Trunks pointed out how Gohan has "grown a different way", since whenever I see Gohan in his late DBZ form I feel like telling him the same thing and commenting on how he should buck and be the man he was when he was 12!!!
He probably also meant how different Gohan turned out from his adult version of Gohan. Keeping in mind their Trunks current age, Gohan should be nearly the same age as the Gohan Mirai knew in his time-line. But the difference between the two is enormous.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:40 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:whenever I see Gohan in his late DBZ form I feel like telling him the same thing and commenting on how he should buck and be the man he was when he was 12!!!
The little bitch who was whining "I dun waaaaannnnaaaa fiiiiight"?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:46 pm

Rocketman wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:whenever I see Gohan in his late DBZ form I feel like telling him the same thing and commenting on how he should buck and be the man he was when he was 12!!!
And cost #16 his (artificial) life for that. And then got cocky and got his own father killed. Yeah, that one.

He was only manly in the other timeline :D

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:09 pm

Rocketman wrote:
I dunno, I think this Gohan maintains his Ultimate form's awesomeness, he simply isn't fighting...yet...

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:48 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:I love how 16 was used in Future Trunks' universe (on the latest page). I think that it fits his character very well. I also really like how Trunks pointed out how Gohan has "grown a different way", since whenever I see Gohan in his late DBZ form I feel like telling him the same thing and commenting on how he should buck and be the man he was when he was 12!!!
He was 9(16 minus 7 years = 9). Which makes the situation worse, ROFL. Then again, as Rocketman said, he sucked before going SSJ2 with all the "I don't wanna fight..." crap randomly being used.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:47 pm

Captain-Sora wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:I love how 16 was used in Future Trunks' universe (on the latest page). I think that it fits his character very well. I also really like how Trunks pointed out how Gohan has "grown a different way", since whenever I see Gohan in his late DBZ form I feel like telling him the same thing and commenting on how he should buck and be the man he was when he was 12!!!
He was 9(16 minus 7 years = 9). Which makes the situation worse, ROFL. Then again, as Rocketman said, he sucked before going SSJ2 with all the "I don't wanna fight..." crap randomly being used.
I still say that Gohan, even before turning SSj2, was way more of a man and a cooler character than end-of-Z Gohan; such as when he was so dedicated to training in the ROSAT, when he insisted on flying out to save Piccolo from Cell and when he was eager to fight Freeza on Earth even though it was certain death.

Yes he kind of wimped out at the Cell Games, but my point was that I like Cell Saga Gohan much more than Gohan at the end of Z. I don’t get why everyone had such a problem with that.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:56 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote: Yes he kind of wimped out at the Cell Games, but my point was that I like Cell Saga Gohan much more than Gohan at the end of Z. I don’t get why everyone had such a problem with that.
I agree! That is why Gohan as an adult isn't in Jump! Ultimate Stars, jk.
SSJ2 Gohan is awesome, everything that had calumniated up to that point with Gohan had set this stage and it was perfect! Flawless! Oh, and by the way: thanks Mike for the video "Succession." That AMV perfectly shows Gohan becoming this warrior beyond Goku (the first protagonist in the series to truly surpass him). I love that video and it's probably my second favorite AMV ever.

Just to note on this new page in Multiverse: What's up with Trunks coming from ten years after the Cell games? Oh and #16 returns...Awesome!
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:03 am

Forgotten Hero wrote:Just to note on this new page in Multiverse: What's up with Trunks coming from ten years after the Cell games?
It's only been ten years for him, since after the Cell Games (and presumably the Bojack snafu) he "skipped ahead" about twenty years to go back home.
deviantART
[thread]

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:05 am

*is hoping we get to see a "Trunks meets Trunks" panel*
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:19 am

I want to see some adult Gotenks already.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:25 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Forgotten Hero wrote:Just to note on this new page in Multiverse: What's up with Trunks coming from ten years after the Cell games?
It's only been ten years for him, since after the Cell Games (and presumably the Bojack snafu) he "skipped ahead" about twenty years to go back home.
Oh! That makes sense, thanks!
Captain Awesome wrote: I want to see some adult Gotenks already.
Me too. I think an adult form of Gotenks has always been something fans have wanted.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:28 am

Forgotten Hero wrote:Just to note on this new page in Multiverse: What's up with Trunks coming from ten years after the Cell games? Oh and #16 returns...Awesome!
I just realized, he looks a lot younger than I'd expect him to. That's about the same way he looked after the Cell Games and I know that over 10 years Gohan and Goten aged noticably and they are all of the same race.