The DBZ Jump Anime Tour Special (Now Streaming!)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:19 pm

He hasn't regretted it, or so he claims.

Kyle Hebert ain't stalk-worthy. Or at least, not . . . say, "Christopher Sabat" stalk-worthy. That man has utterly refused to give out his AIM, and I can see why. The fandom has such a love/hate relationship with him that I don't envy him the messages he would be getting. :shock:

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:02 pm

I once heard Sabat's email was dbzvox@yahoo.com but it certainly seems that one does not work.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:12 pm

It could just be out of date. Kara Edwards' addy used to be gotensva@yahoo.com for the longest time, but she's been through two e-mail changes since then and keeps telling me "this is the last time I'll change it". :D

~Da Lemmy

Nimbus

Post by Nimbus » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:23 am

Something tells me the plot line to this special will be a bit lacking, like some of the movies, but... WHO CARES!? It's new Dragonball! :D Seriously, I can't wait for November 24th, if anything just to see some more of that pretty artwork.

I can't wait to watch the One Piece special either. It's so cool how much One Piece and DBZ cross over since those are by far my two favorite anime series of all time.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:40 am

Nimbus wrote:Something tells me the plot line to this special will be a bit lacking, like some of the movies
DragonBall ain't been about plot since the series ended, and I can't recall a movie outside of 13 that had anything close. :D

~Da Lemmy

Zenkai Power
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai Power » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:48 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
Nimbus wrote:Something tells me the plot line to this special will be a bit lacking, like some of the movies
DragonBall ain't been about plot since the series ended, and I can't recall a movie outside of 13 that had anything close. :D

~Da Lemmy
Not that Movie 13's plot made any real sense (the whole Trunks getting the sword thing at the end)...

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:19 am

Zenkai Power wrote:Not that Movie 13's plot made any real sense (the whole Trunks getting the sword thing at the end)...
The story of how Chibi Trunks gets a sword, not about how Future Trunks gets his sword. Or so good ol' Mike likes to say . . .

Love yer forum name, by the way.

~Da Lemmy

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:14 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
Zenkai Power wrote:Not that Movie 13's plot made any real sense (the whole Trunks getting the sword thing at the end)...
The story of how Chibi Trunks gets a sword, not about how Future Trunks gets his sword. Or so good ol' Mike likes to say . . .

Love yer forum name, by the way.

~Da Lemmy
Everything in movie 13 implies that it's the same sword future Trunks has. The daizenshuu even states that is. Saying it's an identical but different sword is ridiculous. :?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:21 pm

Dayspring wrote:Everything in movie 13 implies that it's the same sword future Trunks has. The daizenshuu even states that is. Saying it's an identical but different sword is ridiculous. :?
It's the only way that Movie 13 works on any sort of level that doesn't leave a path of broken, busted brains in its wake. :razz:

~Da Lemmy

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:42 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
Dayspring wrote:Everything in movie 13 implies that it's the same sword future Trunks has. The daizenshuu even states that is. Saying it's an identical but different sword is ridiculous. :?
It's the only way that Movie 13 works on any sort of level that doesn't leave a path of broken, busted brains in its wake. :razz:

~Da Lemmy
There's much, much, more that shows it can't work. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Zenkai Power
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai Power » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:02 pm

None of the movies really fit in to any timeline... I view them as lovely "What If!?" stories and nothing more. As far as I'm concerned Dragonball-DBZ is as close to what "really happened" in this fictional universe as it gets with movies and GT being fun what if stories.

Movie 13's ending strongly implies that it's the same exact sword future trunks uses because it mixes in video of him using it in the credits (if I remember correctly)... sooooo yeahhhh...

And thanks Lemmy, for liking my name haha.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:08 pm

Do we know how long this special will be up and streaming? I'm not totally sure if I'll be home on the 24th, and it would be great if I could watch it the next day.

Thanks, and sorry if this has been asked/answered already.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:10 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:Do we know how long this special will be up and streaming? I'm not totally sure if I'll be home on the 24th, and it would be great if I could watch it the next day.

I hear the special's a little over a half hour long.

And if they mean the 24th as in midnight, Japan time, that means it'll be up here around noon on the 23rd. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:12 pm

SSj Rambo wrote:Do we know how long this special will be up and streaming? I'm not totally sure if I'll be home on the 24th, and it would be great if I could watch it the next day.

Blargh. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Considering all the promotion they're putting into sharing this with fans around the world, I sincerely doubt that it's gonna be something they stream for just one day. :D

Remember, the press release says that it starts streaming on the 24th.
SSj Rambo wrote:Do we know how long this special will be up and streaming?
Chuquita wrote:I hear the special's a little over a half hour long.
*blinkblink*

I think that'cha misunderstood his question some. :shock:

~Da Lemmy

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:17 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
SSj Rambo wrote:Do we know how long this special will be up and streaming? I'm not totally sure if I'll be home on the 24th, and it would be great if I could watch it the next day.

Blargh. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Considering all the promotion they're putting into sharing this with fans around the world, I sincerely doubt that it's gonna be something they stream for just one day. :D

Remember, the press release says that it starts streaming on the 24th.
SSj Rambo wrote:Do we know how long this special will be up and streaming?
Chuquita wrote:I hear the special's a little over a half hour long.
*blinkblink*

I think that'cha misunderstood his question some. :shock:

~Da Lemmy

Oh shoot. ^^;
I'm sorry.

That's totally proof that I should get to sleep earlier. 4 hours does not a good night's rest make.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Zenkai Power
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkai Power » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:29 pm

I just registered here so it may be too late in this topic to announce that I am extremely giddy as a school girl excited for this special but... uhhh I am. lol.

I know it probably isn't going to be anything amazing, they only have 35 minutes afterall... but if it at least gives us that DB touch... that zany humorous side along with some fighting I'll be happy. And it looks like that's what the special is designed to do.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:16 am

Considering it's a Jump Festa movie, 35 minutes is a hell of a good duration. Aren't they usually 5-15 minutes long? The Dr Slump 1999 Festa (aka movie 11 to the fans) was only five and half minutes.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:28 am

Chuquita wrote:That's totally proof that I should get to sleep earlier. 4 hours does not a good night's rest make.
Are ya sleepin' yet? :razz:
Dayspring wrote:The Dr Slump 1999 Festa (aka movie 11 to the fans) was only five and half minutes.
Five and a half minutes? And Dr. Slump fans officially call that a MOVIE?!

Yeesh, and here I was thinkin' that DragonBall fans who include Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans as a "movie" was pushin' it . . .

~Da Lemmy

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:44 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
Chuquita wrote:That's totally proof that I should get to sleep earlier. 4 hours does not a good night's rest make.
Are ya sleepin' yet? :razz:
Dayspring wrote:The Dr Slump 1999 Festa (aka movie 11 to the fans) was only five and half minutes.
Five and a half minutes? And Dr. Slump fans officially call that a MOVIE?!

Yeesh, and here I was thinkin' that DragonBall fans who include Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans as a "movie" was pushin' it . . .

~Da Lemmy

Yes actually. Sat down on the couch and passed out for an hour. XD
I feel much better (and more alert).

Five minute movie? That's....how much could they have accomplished? :?:
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:54 pm

Chuquita wrote: Five minute movie? That's....how much could they have accomplished? :?:
It's what the little Raudo chapter found in the Slumpbox was based on. Mashirito (or whatever the name of the guy is) made another anti-Arale bot called "Abale." This one is a punk Arale. Her version of "Kiiiiiin" is to pretend she's riding a motorcycle and goes "Vrooooooom". She ends up ignoring the Mashirito the whole time. From what I've heard (the version I saw on youtube is unsubbed), the Raudo gave King Nicochan a scout ship to return home in exchange for taking Arale with them. They do, but when the Raudo invasion ship arrives, so does Abale. The Raudo then teleports down a monster to defeat her, but Abale takes it out in one hit, so the Raudo have to retreat again. The movie ends with Arale and Gatchan enjoying their trip to space. That description is pretty much the length of the movie. :P