Your First Dragonball Websites

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:45 am

I would say the first sites I ever visited in 97 were Curtis Hoffman's, Majin Boo, and Benny Lee's old geocities sites.

I remember seeing a pic of USSJ Vegeta after seeing Vegeta for the first time and wondered why his hair was gold and why he was so buff. :shock:

When I became a full fledged fan, it was DBZ Uncensored and "VegettoEX's homepage" that inspired me to start "Piccolo's Boot Camp" and the "DBZ sound studio". Both eventually turned into "Vegeta Insane" and the rest was history.

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:36 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:Speaking of Dragon Ball uncensored, I've always wanted to make my own version of the site, going over the American version of both Anime and Manga, comparing it to the original Japanese, with roll over pictures and high quality scans and snapshots... but that would take forever.
Not to stray off-topic on my own thread, but to sidebar a moment; I'm working on a similar guide to comparing the Japanese version of the Anime GetBackers to the uncut (albeit I only have TokyoPop, not the Japanese) Manga, because the Anime cuts and censors a lot of the Manga's content and the whole tone of the series is drastically different between both versions. I'd be very interested to see a comparison site between the original DB Manga and the Anime, because it could be quite informative to fans who know the Anime better than the Manga, especially during those classic 'is it canon or not' debates.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:43 pm

Chuquita wrote:After DBZOA went down forever, I asked around and learned how to backtrack through the wayback so I could save their Project Shinonome scripts. I don't know how accurate they are, but I loved those scripts back in the day.
Dunno if you noticed, but I contributed a few scripts of that back in the day. I think I did movies 4 & 10, as well as GT episode 13. Btw, maybe PM me with how you were able to backtrack to the scripts in the wayback?
SaiyaMel wrote:What screen name did you go by on DBZOA, Chuquita?
Oh SaiyaMel, what was yours?
14 years later

SaiyaMel
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyaMel » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:52 pm

I've been "SaiyaMel" on every DB forum as far as I can remember, though on one I joined under "Kakkarotto's Mate". On my own board - I recently changed my name to "ParAq".
Just Saiyan...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:38 pm

I did not know that. :shock:
(Though its been so long since I've visited the page itself; as it no longer exists).

I do have the movie scripts saved from there; though I saved all of them waaaay back when DBZOA was active.

I never joined the forums on DBZOA because I mostly lurked back then and did the majority of my db-related discussions via I'm w/my friends. Sometimes we had chatrooms.
So, I didn't have an account there. ^^;

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.dbzoa.net is where I went to do internet time-travel; though this was a year ago.

Whoever bought the url from dbzoa blocked the site from WayBack's access, so you can't really dig for it now. :(

I have all of dbzoa's DBZ and Movie scripts (I didn't save GT, I dunno why).; so if there's any you want I can send them to you. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Last Son of Krypton
Beyond Newbie

Post by Last Son of Krypton » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:32 pm

My very first DBZ website was Planet Namek. Ones that followed include DBZ Uncensored, the DBZOA and Daizex.
[b]Superman to Darkseid after the apparent destruction of Imperiex in [i]Our Worlds At War[/i][/b]

[i]I think I found the true nature of existence. Something you'll never know. I almost feel sorry for you. How does it feel to be so...[b]insignificant?[/b][/i]

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:37 pm

DBZ Uncensored, some sort of Ultimate Dragonball Encyclopedia or something, and Planet Namek were the first sites I started visiting regularly.

However, upon my first search for Dragonball Z on Yahoo or something, I did come across some pretty odd pages with weird and inaccurate info. One thing I specifically remember, but didn't really believe was an explanation for this picture where Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, and Gohan were standing next to Super Saiyan versions of themselves in one big group. It said "This is the main characters and their cousins."

Funny stuff to this day!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:44 pm

I used to go by "Braddock" and "VegettoBa." But then people banned me from forums for "mispelling Bardock." You know, because clearly Braddock couldn't be something totally unrelated. :roll:

I stopped going by VegettoBa when someone started stalking me IRL.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:48 pm

For me...

-Planet Namek
-Ginga Giri Giri
-Vegeta Insane
-VegettoEX's Homepage :lol:
-Temple 'o Trunks
-The Ultimate DBZ Information Site
-DBZ Uncensored
-Gotenks' Archives
-DragonBallZ.com

It's...kinda sad how the sites dwindled down over the years.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:11 pm

Holy shit! I remember that site :lol:

But seriously mine were 3 Steps and David Rutledge's kick-ass site which I don't think I've seen mentioned here and that is a sin.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:32 pm

-Planet Namek
-Karin Tower
-Suushinchuu
-Dragonballz.com
-Temple o' Trunks
-VegettoEX's Home Page :wink:

Those were the days...

Wasted Wisher
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Wasted Wisher » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:21 am

Chuquita, you used to lurk around DBZOA?
Used to be that was the only DB-related site I used to go to. I used to go by the handle "Sun Wukong" (no relation to the Sun Wukong that belongs to this board).