Infinite World: The Final Question

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rory
I Live Here

Infinite World: The Final Question

Post by Rory » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:56 pm

So, Infinite World has finally been released everywhere, and we can settle this.
Infinite World, or Burst Limit?
I have yet to find Infinite World ANYWHERE in Manchester (Seriously, where the hell are all the Infinite Words in UK?!), so I cannot answer this question myself, what do -you- guys think? And why? I'd love to hear your answers!

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Re: Infinite World: The Final Question

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:41 pm

Rory wrote:So, Infinite World has finally been released everywhere, and we can settle this.
I have yet to find Infinite World ANYWHERE in Manchester (Seriously, where the hell are all the Infinite Words in UK?!), so I cannot answer this question myself, what do -you- guys think? And why? I'd love to hear your answers!
I guess it depends on your tastes of sagas and characters included. Burst Limit is very limited in that it only does the "Raditz-to-Cell" motif, + Bardock & Broly, that Budokai 1 and Sagas have already done. It also doesn't give you the ability to use custom capsules in its story mode, though unlike Infinite World, it does have some quite cool "What-If" arcs done. In terms of graphics & cut-scenes, from what I've seen of it, they're out of this world, but that's to be expected with a Ps3 game.

Infinite World in itself is very fun IMO. While coming off as a bit rushed, primarily in its copy-paste department, it has some unique and interesting elements, in addition to a fantastic ensemble of fighters (though sadly lacking any original DB ones). Its story mode was pretty fun I must say, sociopath difficulty levels notwithstanding, with the best in-engine cut-scenes I've seen since Budokai 1 (though there aren't as many as could've been) and some fun side missions that play off separately from the fights. Such missions include exploring massive Sparking!-like fields to collect Dragonballs or find something, Guitar Heroing Videl into flight or Goku/Vegeta training, running Snake Way, catching Bubbles, KikoHoing Cell, etc. Story mode goes from Raditz to GT, including a few battles from the movies, though a considerable deal of them are more arcade-ish in nature due to a noticeable lack of cut-scenes.

To see more of my thoughts on Infinite World, look here & here. I guess overall, I'm gonna suggest Infinite World over Burst Limit, but only because I'm a main Budokai 3 fanboy at heart and the fact that it's not limited between Raditz and Cell helps in its preferable favor for me. Probably the game's biggest weakness is how obvious its copy-paste nature can be, but if you can put that aside or not let it bother you, it's an overall fun experience IMHO.
14 years later

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:04 am

I think what it comes down to is this.

Infinite World is essentially a polished version of Budokai 3 with some Shin Budokai elements and it is the 4th in the line of production for it's series. It has everything from Raditz to GT and includes most all of the characters you want.

Burst Limit is the first in line of it's series and only goes up to the Cell arc, limiting the game in character and transformations.

So in conclusion, if graphics don't matter to you then go with Infinite World. If you want the graphics and can deal with the quirks of the "guinea pig" game of the Burst Limit series then go for Burst Limit.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:43 am

So as a guy who owns all the Budokais, and both the Shin Budokais, would you reccomend me Infinite World? Or should I stick with Burst Limit?

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:36 pm

As a guy who has all the Budokai's and Shin Budokai's, and has also played both Infinite World and Burst Limit I'd say get Infinite World. I'm sure someone will think otherwise, but I'd go with IW.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

wannywan
Beyond Newbie

Post by wannywan » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:39 am

I live in Northern Ireland and ordered from Play.com, mine arrived yesterday.

Sop you should be able to find it somewhere.

Still have to get round to playing it though.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSPpkxkjpPg]Picto-hame-ha![/url]

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:15 am

Rory wrote:So, Infinite World has finally been released everywhere, and we can settle this.
I enjoy Burst Limit 10 times more. But that's just a biased opinion. Burst limit feels better, faster, better animated, georgeously animated. Fun in two player. It's a really nice gaming experience, while Infinitive World just felt frustrating.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:24 pm

sangofe wrote:I enjoy Burst Limit 10 times more. But that's just a biased opinion. Burst limit feels better, faster, better animated, georgeously animated. Fun in two player. It's a really nice gaming experience, while Infinitive World just felt frustrating.
QFT

I loved the gameplay in BL (still do), but IW's difficulty pissed me off. IW has more characters and other stuff, but I'd suggest you stick with B3 for your PS2 DBZ fix.

Another advantage I've loved about BL is the custom soundtracks. I'm not sure if this works the same for the PS3 (or what system you were considering for BL), but I can make a playlist of DB songs on my Ipod, plug it into my 360, and I now have something akin to a Sparking! experience. It makes the game even better.

The only place it falls short, IMO, is the lack of cutscene ultimates. I'm a fan of them, and B3 (and by extension, IW) had the best and still do currently, but if you're ok with that and the fact it only goes to the end of the Cell arc, I'd definitely recommend it over Budokai 3.5.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:28 am

I finally got the game, and I have ONE more question.
How the heck do I unlock GT Goku's Super Kamehameha?
I finished the first playthrough of the story (no alternate paths, just the Goku fights), do I need to do ALL the fights?

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:51 pm

Rory wrote:I finally got the game, and I have ONE more question.
I finished the first playthrough of the story (no alternate paths, just the Goku fights), do I need to do ALL the fights?
Finish Fighter's Road.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:49 am

Finish all the battles in Dragon Mission and then you should be able to purchase literally everything in the skill shop. Though it'll take quite a long while, best thing to do is apply WE GOTTA POWER in the Mr. Satan/#18 battle on the hardest difficulty, keep losing that into as many $999,990 zeni amounts as possible. Best of luck. @.@;
14 years later

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:58 am

Conan the SSJ wrote:
Finish all the battles in Dragon Mission and then you should be able to purchase literally everything in the skill shop. Though it'll take quite a long while, best thing to do is apply WE GOTTA POWER in the Mr. Satan/#18 battle on the hardest difficulty, keep losing that into as many $999,990 zeni amounts as possible. Best of luck. @.@;
Or you can do the Vegetto fight over and over again, it's nearly as easy and a whole hell of a lot more fun. But yeah, purposely losing is the easiest way to cash.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:08 am

Conan the SSJ wrote: Its story mode was pretty fun I must say, sociopath difficulty levels notwithstanding, with the best in-engine cut-scenes I've seen since Budokai 1
Not to nitpick here, but they aren't in-game, they're pre-rendered, while they use the character models and locations from the game, the scenes aren't rendered on the fly, ignoring the fact that the blurry video is a dead giveaway, there are several shading processes (along with anti aliasing) that the ps2 simply can't do.

The Budokai 1 cutscenes are still the best, though in Burst Limit, when they're not done completely half assed (like the majority of them) they are fucking phenomenal.