artist needed for a dragonball fan manga I want to create

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:16 am

Page four. My apologies for ignoring you Pain, but I merely skimmed the thread.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:26 am

bkev wrote:Page four. My apologies for ignoring you Pain, but I merely skimmed the thread.
You ignored me? I didn't really notice. But I'm just very excited about this project.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:30 am

By ignore I meant... wait, didn't you do some drawings too? If not, disregard.

And I too am excited. :D
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Pain

Post by Pain » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:35 am

Pain wrote:This sounds amazingly interesting. I'll upload a few pictures that I've drawn. But as for now, here's two.

Here is an unfinished Broly picture:

And here is a man that I made up myself. It's unfinished though.

Tomorrow, I'll posts some more pictures.

PS: The second picture isn't an example of how I can mimic Toriyama's style. The first one is my mimic of Toriyama's style. Though I've gotten even better, since I drew the first picture in late October.
Yeah, I did some drawings. Here's the post from a few months ago.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:06 am

bkev wrote:Big Momma, Tzigi; your sketches are good, but what you need is either an inker or to in them yourselves. That would really improve the look of your art.

just some hopefully constructive criticism.
Yeah, you're right. I actually had a nice little ink pen that I used...but I lost it awhile ago >.<

And I haven't been able to find another. It was a gift, and I don't really know what type or make of pen it is to buy another.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Pain

Post by Pain » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:47 pm

Big Momma wrote:
bkev wrote:Big Momma, Tzigi; your sketches are good, but what you need is either an inker or to in them yourselves. That would really improve the look of your art.

just some hopefully constructive criticism.
Yeah, you're right. I actually had a nice little ink pen that I used...but I lost it awhile ago >.<

And I haven't been able to find another. It was a gift, and I don't really know what type or make of pen it is to buy another.
That's a problem that I also have. I need a real inking pen to make my drawings look...more complete.

Joey Batz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Joey Batz » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:50 am

One last update on the progress of the script for awhile. I don't want to update every time I complete a chapter, but I think this is a special occasion. I've just finished Chapter 18 of my version of GT. What makes that special? Because this marks the end of a story arc. I have officially completed what Funimation refers to as the "Lost Episodes" (though I guess since I'm still in the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga and not the Baby Saga yet, it doesn't count. Nevermind).

Be sure to check out the link I provided in my previous post. It's the actual unedited script for the fan manga. Chapter 1 is up and I'd like to know what you all think.

Joey Batz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Joey Batz » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:04 pm

Well I hope no one was in suspense for Chapter 2, because I have an update of the worst kind.

Windows has decided not to work on my computer anymore. The computer, that is, that has the script. I am searching far and wide amongst my computer literate friends for any help that doesn't involve wiping the harddrive, but for now, due to my inability to access the script, the project is on indefinite--and possibly permanent--hold.

I should mention that it's not DEFINITE that the script is lost, but right now I'm not feeling all that optimistic.

Well, that's that then. Thanks anyway, people, and if anything changes then I'll be the first to know. Actually, the person repairing my computer will. But I'll be the second and you all will be the collective third.

In the meantime, enjoy SSJ Kaboom's rewrite as the definitive GT fanfic. :(

Pain

Post by Pain » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:32 pm

Joey Batz wrote:Well I hope no one was in suspense for Chapter 2, because I have an update of the worst kind.

Windows has decided not to work on my computer anymore. The computer, that is, that has the script. I am searching far and wide amongst my computer literate friends for any help that doesn't involve wiping the harddrive, but for now, due to my inability to access the script, the project is on indefinite--and possibly permanent--hold.

I should mention that it's not DEFINITE that the script is lost, but right now I'm not feeling all that optimistic.

Well, that's that then. Thanks anyway, people, and if anything changes then I'll be the first to know. Actually, the person repairing my computer will. But I'll be the second and you all will be the collective third.

In the meantime, enjoy SSJ Kaboom's rewrite as the definitive GT fanfic. :(
Oh no! That sounds really bad. I hope that everything turns out well.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:49 pm

Joey Batz wrote:In the meantime, enjoy SSJ Kaboom's rewrite as the definitive GT fanfic. :(
With my iffy release schedule, I'd hardly label GTR as the "definitive" anything. :?

But sorry to hear that, Joey. Hope you manage to get your data back. Don't go wiping anything until you absolutely KNOW there's no other option. There's data recovery services that can get your documents back even during these seemingly catastrophic failures.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Joey Batz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Joey Batz » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:18 pm

OK, in better news, it looks like I (or rather, my coworker's brother) was able to rescue my files and is currently fixing my laptop. Unless the hand of God intervenes, it should be fixed soon and production of the script should continue. Hopefully, Chapter 2 will be up before 2009.

Speaking of which, Chapter 1 IS up. Feel free to comment on it. I want feedback. I've been told by one person that it was too fanficky, and another in the comments section that it was very close to the source material (which is true for many parts, as I did write it scene-by-scene adapting the Funimation version as I went along). Let me know what you all think.

http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=9205

Oh, and please put your reviews on that thread, please. This is for all the artist stuff, updates, and general stuff (yeah, I really don't know).

Joey Batz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Joey Batz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:24 pm

Good news for anyone who cares. My data has been recovered. I am continuing the script-writing as we speak. Now that I am at some of the more action-oriented parts, progress is moving quicker (less to write and more fun in the writing).

........NO ONE has commented on Chapter 1 (other than Bkev)? Is it that uninteresting? My feelings are hurt. Nah, just kidding.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:52 pm

Joey Batz wrote: NO ONE has commented on Chapter 1 (other than Bkev)? Is it that uninteresting? My feelings are hurt. Nah, just kidding.
No offense, but if it doesn't have any pictures I'm not even gonna give it a chance. I think maybe that's what the problem may be for some of the people here.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:38 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Joey Batz wrote: NO ONE has commented on Chapter 1 (other than Bkev)? Is it that uninteresting? My feelings are hurt. Nah, just kidding.
No offense, but if it doesn't have any pictures I'm not even gonna give it a chance. I think maybe that's what the problem may be for some of the people here.
Yeah, unless I read a little about it and it has a story or a plot point that I think is really insteresting, I usually don't give fanfics like this a chance. This is different though, because I'm actually doing a little for it. :D

Yeah, trust me, when you get into this art/creative stuff, you won't always get feedback from everyone. There have been tons of time where I've been proud of a piece of work, only to post a thread about it and have no one reply.(Not here, though :P )

I haven't posted in the thread because I've already read it and told you my thoughts on it(I think).
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog