Dragonball GT Chronicles

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Dragonball GT Chronicles

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:35 pm

For a while now I have mentioned on various occasions that I was writing a fanfic that I hope to have illustrated one day. Here is a synopsis and some characters notes that I had put together in order for everyone to get an idea of what I am trying to do. I would really appreciate any feedback or questions.

Dragonball GT Chronicles

The story covers the 200-year gap between Son Goku leaving with Shenlong and the Dragonball GT special in addition to the final moments of the Dragonball GT animated series. It addresses Vegeta and the Z-Senshi life without Goku and the Dragonballs as they face new threats and challenges.

Notes

Instead creating an entirely new rogues gallery I decided to implement the many movie villains into what I believe would be scenarios in which these beings would interact in the main continuity. Some plot points remain but others are entirely changed or certain characters are replaced with others.

There are some new personages invented by myself that will play semi to large roles initially in the over all story but they will primarily be assist-type characters and there role will not over-shadow the focus which will be the original cast developed by Akira Toriyama.

(The story commences eight years following Son Goku’s departure.)

Character Summary Notes:

Vegeta

The story begins with Vegeta being plagued by nightmares of his past failures, especially with his poor performance against Super #17 and the concluding moments of his battle with Yi Xing Long. He also comes to grips the fact that he as well as the other Z-Senshi have always relied on Kakarrot/Goku to ultimately rescue everyone from whatever threat they were facing regardless of if they would publicly admit it or not. When Vegeta had devoted himself to training with all he had subconsciously, he always failed to do so because of his dependence on Kakarrot.

Eventually, he faces some challenges where Vegeta knew that there was no one there to take up his slack and even though he recognized that, he had help from the other Z-Senshi he pushes ahead and ultimately achieves the power that deep down he knew he was able to reach. Vegeta will overcome his fear that no matter how much effort he puts forth there would be the specters of someone already one-step ahead of him.

Vegeta also faces the ghosts of the past that eventually leads him to be able to reconcile the mistakes of the past committed by the Saiyans and usher in a new future for the four known galaxies. However, prior to reaching his ultimate destiny he learns that the road to atonement is not an easy one to tread for while walking it he suffers great loss.

Second Generation Saiyans

While their very birth classifies them as being fighting geniuses through inheriting their Saiyan father’s power, they allow their human blood to deprive them of the Saiyan fighting spirit. They will come to the realization that they must embrace their heritage and utilize the power given to them at birth in the name of the same cause that the elder Saiyans sacrifice so much to achieve that is the peace for not only earth but also for all living creatures.

Human Z-Senshi

In the early years, they played a very active role in defending the earth but since Son Goku began to make great strides in power and the arrival and assistance of Vegeta as newer stronger villains appeared on the scene their overall role began to lessen. Then with the appearance of numerous Super Saiyans, they fell into the habit of leaving all situations that called for the protection of earth and her people to be left in the hands of the Saiyans. Because of this, they began to bring to a close their training and settle down to live normal lives, that is with the exception of Tenshinhan and Chiaotzu.

Now that all they have depended on for their protection is no longer with them, they will face the fact that they once again the human Z-Senshi have to do their part as earth’s first line of defense against super powered threats. They will not only assist the Saiyans in their battles but also win some of their own. They will have to train physically and mentally in a manner that they have never done before and if need be sacrifice their very lives for all that they know and love.

Second Generation Human Z-Senshi

These individuals have to acknowledge their inheritance as protectors of earth in the manner that the first generation had recognized. They must learn from their senior Z-Senshi and be prepared to protect their planet.

Mr. Satan

Mr. Satan has to come to terms and realize that while he thrived under the shaded hedge that is the Z-Senshi others humans had been training in order to steal his “thunder” and have their moment in the limelight. When he finally loses his title as World Champion to an ex-action film star now turned martial artists he sets aside his empty boasting and self-aggrandizement and requests training from the greatest champion that had ever fought in the Tenka-ichi Budôkai, the now reborn Kame-Sen'nin.
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:41 pm

Sounds interesting. I like the idea of the humans getting more into the action again. Although it's hard to imagine Kuririn and Mr Satan doing much, they were looking quite old by the end of GT. :shock:

Wasn't it only a hundred year old gap though? Otherwise Pan would be like 210 in the special? Oh, maybe you were thinking of Dragon Ball Online because that's 200 years after Buu?

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:48 pm

Bussani wrote:Sounds interesting. I like the idea of the humans getting more into the action again. Although it's hard to imagine Kuririn and Mr Satan doing much, they were looking quite old by the end of GT. :shock:

Wasn't it only a hundred year old gap though? Otherwise Pan would be like 210 in the special? Oh, maybe you were thinking of Dragon Ball Online because that's 200 years after Buu?
An event occurs that makes just about everyone on earth 20-40 years younger that is non-Dragonball related in order to prepare the Z-Senshi for the upcoming events. The second half pertains to the Saiyans and certain events that involved Vegeta and things that he essentially set into play. Then there is a story arc that happens in the after life 50-years before Vegeta and Goku Jr. is born.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:22 pm

Saiyan-Professor wrote:An event occurs that makes just about everyone on earth 20-40 years younger that is non-Dragonball related in order to prepare the Z-Senshi for the upcoming events. The second half pertains to the Saiyans and certain events that involved Vegeta and things that he essentially set into play. Then there is a story arc that happens in the after life 50-years before Vegeta and Goku Jr. is born.
I don't think I understand entirely, but it sounds like you have it all figured out, so I'll just wait and see. :D Good luck with it.

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:41 pm

Bussani wrote:
Saiyan-Professor wrote:An event occurs that makes just about everyone on earth 20-40 years younger that is non-Dragonball related in order to prepare the Z-Senshi for the upcoming events. The second half pertains to the Saiyans and certain events that involved Vegeta and things that he essentially set into play. Then there is a story arc that happens in the after life 50-years before Vegeta and Goku Jr. is born.
I don't think I understand entirely, but it sounds like you have it all figured out, so I'll just wait and see. :D Good luck with it.
The Z-Senshi gets younger so they can fight. The story movies to space and involves Vegeta and the other Saiyans. A time skip happens, after everyone is dead then a situation happens in the after life. Time skip 50-years after that then you have the events of the Dragonball GT TV Special etc.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:30 am

I really like what you're doing with Mr. Satan. :D

That's what I'm most excited about(That could probably be a fanfic series in and of itself! XD)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:03 am

Big Momma wrote:I really like what you're doing with Mr. Satan. :D

That's what I'm most excited about(That could probably be a fanfic series in and of itself! XD)
Thanks. The person that beats him is Thunderbolt from Neko Majin Z.