Dragonball Z NES RPG

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Oddish

Dragonball Z NES RPG

Post by Oddish » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:45 pm

I've been toying around with RPG Maker 2000 (woo! Retro!), and I wish to make a simple DBZ RPG (with emphasis on a fun storyline, rather than the battle system).

Re-creations of what's already there can get boring, especially with a gazillion random side quests filled in. That's what the official games are for anyway...

So, I need a plot of some sort. I've tried coming up with my own, but I just sort-of fail for some reason. I considered making an adaption of AF, but, I dunno... I'd prefer continuing something off of Z.

Anyone got any ideas that I could use?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragonball Z NES RPG

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Oddish wrote:I've been toying around with RPG Maker 2000 (woo! Retro!), and I wish to make a simple DBZ RPG (with emphasis on a fun storyline, rather than the battle system).

Re-creations of what's already there can get boring, especially with a gazillion random side quests filled in. That's what the official games are for anyway...

So, I need a plot of some sort. I've tried coming up with my own, but I just sort-of fail for some reason. I considered making an adaption of AF, but, I dunno... I'd prefer continuing something off of Z.

Anyone got any ideas that I could use?
Muwahahaha-HAH!!

Yessir, I do.

Off the top of my head:

The opening begins with Son Gohan falling to the ground, Super Gotenks Boo looming over him. Flashing before Son's eyes is the future of if his dad returned, i.e. he sees what happens in the series. Refusing to let his dad's "Let the new generation take over" go to waste he gets up and explodes in rage. From there he methodically toys with Boo's mind in between fighting and Boo eventually defuses into Piccolo Boo. From there Gohan destroys Boo rather than allowing his friends to be used for evil. KibitoKai teleports Gohan, Mr. Satan, and Dende to Namek and the Earth's populace is restore, including Vegeta who's sacrifice gave him leeway in Enma's court. Gohan and gang learn that when Boo was attacking Kami's palace he accidentally unsealed the Black Star Dragonballs. Now Gohan, Trunks, Goten, and Videl embark on a journey across the universe to recollect the Dragonballs.

Just a basic plotline.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

darkhawk5
Beyond Newbie

Post by darkhawk5 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:47 pm

If you wanted to make something short and fun you could always make a game out of one of the movies, tv specials, or even the new OVA

Oddish

Re: Dragonball Z NES RPG

Post by Oddish » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 pm

The opening begins with Son Gohan falling to the ground, Super Gotenks Boo looming over him. Flashing before Son's eyes is the future of if his dad returned, i.e. he sees what happens in the series. Refusing to let his dad's "Let the new generation take over" go to waste he gets up and explodes in rage. From there he methodically toys with Boo's mind in between fighting and Boo eventually defuses into Piccolo Boo. From there Gohan destroys Boo rather than allowing his friends to be used for evil. KibitoKai teleports Gohan, Mr. Satan, and Dende to Namek and the Earth's populace is restore, including Vegeta who's sacrifice gave him leeway in Enma's court. Gohan and gang learn that when Boo was attacking Kami's palace he accidentally unsealed the Black Star Dragonballs. Now Gohan, Trunks, Goten, and Videl embark on a journey across the universe to recollect the Dragonballs.

Just a basic plotline.
I actually really like that. The AU concept never opened itself up to me.

However, I think for now (for testing purposes, if nothing else), I'll try darkhawk5's idea. It shouldn't take too long to make a re-enactment of a movie... hopefully a New Years release?

darkhawk5
Beyond Newbie

Post by darkhawk5 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:20 pm

Awesome, I can't wait to see it.