SSJ4 Goku [GT Fandub Voice Test] (MasakoX/Masako-kun)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

SSJ4 Goku [GT Fandub Voice Test] (MasakoX/Masako-kun)

Post by El Diabeetus » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzzd4rMZu3g

This is a preview of what SSJ4 Goku's voice will be like and yes, he's voiced by MasakoX/Masako-kun, he's known for voicing Goku in TeamFourStar's Dragon Ball Z: Abridged. But, I think you all knew that.

For the background wind, I tried to find the closest one to the original sound.

As with the Kid Goku video, this follows a script based off of the Official FUNimation Subs.

Enjoy.

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:08 pm

I love MasakoX, but it could have been a bit growlier IMO. Regardless, he's gonna do a bang up job.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:21 pm

Gozar wrote:I love MasakoX, but it could have been a bit growlier IMO. Regardless, he's gonna do a bang up job.
Yeah, you gotta point there with the Growly voice, but yeah, as you said Masako will do a good job.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:27 pm

Hm. It sounds like he tried to go for Masako Nozawa's version of the Super Saiyan 4 form of Goku, which usually sounds like she's trying to attempt a calm, yet very slightly deeper tone than what she normally uses for Goku.

I say it's pretty good. Only thing that could have used a little work was that last line about him eating the ball as well.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:36 pm

I don't know if Goku laughs that much in the original clip, but it seems a bit awkward there. And maybe a little more energy on "I'll eat it too!". Of course, though, this is MasakoX - so whether he sees this crit or not, he'll do a great job.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:12 pm

Does this mean you're still working on the fandub? Do you still have my voice samples?

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:20 pm

SSJ Helldog wrote:Does this mean you're still working on the fandub? Do you still have my voice samples?
Yeah, I'm still working on it, but I'm starting the final four episodes; since, I've have the DVD of that and I wanted to try using MasakoX as SSJ4 Goku using these episodes.

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:48 pm

If you need a Vegeta or Narrator, count me in!

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:36 pm

SSJ Helldog wrote:If you need a Vegeta or Narrator, count me in!
Yeah, actually a Narrator is needed. Would you be able to make it like the Original Japanese Narrator, or the Narrator from the FUNimation "Dragon Ball" dub.

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:27 pm

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:
Yeah, actually a Narrator is needed. Would you be able to make it like the Original Japanese Narrator, or the Narrator from the FUNimation "Dragon Ball" dub.
I sent a voice sample a while back when you were planning this. It's just me reading the subtitles from a recap segment in my natural voice. I suppose it's more like the Funi narrator, but I have a hard time judging Japanese voices. The Japanese narrator has always sounded falsely deep to me, like imitating a giant: "fe fi fo fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman" and the like. I don't think I have that voice clip anymore, but shoot me a script and I'll take another crack at it.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:13 am

SSJ Helldog wrote:
SSJ4 Furanki wrote:
I sent a voice sample a while back when you were planning this. It's just me reading the subtitles from a recap segment in my natural voice. I suppose it's more like the Funi narrator, but I have a hard time judging Japanese voices. The Japanese narrator has always sounded falsely deep to me, like imitating a giant: "fe fi fo fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman" and the like. I don't think I have that voice clip anymore, but shoot me a script and I'll take another crack at it.
Okay here's the lines and info, I put for Vegeta and the Narrator auditions at the VAA (Voice Acting Alliance).

Vegeta:
Voice Type: Deep, Arrogant, Cocky, etc. DON'T imitate the Dub, you can try the Japanese, I just think for once there should be a Vegeta that doesn't sound like Chris Sabat or Brian Drummond (No, offense to them.).
Audition Line 1: Make sure you hold that dear. *talking to Pan when she's holding Goku's torn Gi.*
Audition Line 2: We're stupid, you say!? Kakarrot's the only dumbass here! *In response to Yi Xing Long's comment*

Narrator:
Voice Type: Older, Kinda like Brice Armstrong's Narrator from the Original Dragon Ball, or the Original Japanese.
Audition Line 1: S- Surprisingly, Fusion has failed and Goku has been powered down back to his original body.
Audition Line 2: Just then out of all the things that could happen, the Four Star Ball sprouted out of Goku's forehead! *About 3-second pause* What could this mean?