Dragon Ball GT: Abridged - Episode 1 [Preview]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Dragon Ball GT: Abridged - Episode 1 [Preview]

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:25 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLpxKHUGBFQ

Whoo, I decided I'm gonna make a GT abridged series, it's not gonna start with the actual/real series Episode 1, but yeah.

Here's a preview, and whenever I release a preview, most of the time, that means... I've only gotten that far. :lol:

I did, Baby's, Goku's and Majin Buu's voices.

Buu's voice is a parody as in the FUNimation dub, it's super high, in this it's way deeper.

Yeah, like TFS, I'm going to make fun of things prevalent to the actual DBGT, and stuff that goes on in the scene. (EX: Baby saying he spreads like AIDS, his egg's in people's bodies.)

Hopefully, it's funny.

Enjoy!

Joey Batz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Joey Batz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:28 am

Is MasakoX going to be doing adult Goku? In the 24 hours since I got acquainted with his voice talent and the hilarious DBZ Abridged, I've come to believe that he is second to Sean Schemmel (Schemmel's more recent work, that is) in terms of awesome Goku voices.

I'm going to feel like a dick until I say this by the way, I don't know why so don't ask. I watched the preview. I finished and was like "What? That's it!? That completely sucked!" Suddenly realized that it was NOT actually the first episode, but rather a preview of the first episode. All I could say was ".....Oh."

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:30 am

Joey Batz wrote:Is MasakoX going to be doing adult Goku? In the 24 hours since I got acquainted with his voice talent and the hilarious DBZ Abridged, I've come to believe that he is second to Sean Schemmel (Schemmel's more recent work, that is) in terms of awesome Goku voices.

I'm going to feel like a dick until I say this by the way, I don't know why so don't ask. I watched the preview. I finished and was like "What? That's it!? That completely sucked!" Suddenly realized that it was NOT actually the first episode, but rather a preview of the first episode. All I could say was ".....Oh."
I understand, I just started on this yesterday, so I still got some stuff to work out. Hopefully, by the time this is done, it'll be better. I was actually having second thoughts about posting this here, even though Daizex is the best DB community I know.

For Adult Goku/SSJ4 Goku, at this point, I'm not sure.

Oddish

Post by Oddish » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:47 am

Ooh! Segway Majin Buu's line into "'cuz, I like candy" (enter song here).

But, nah, that's lame.

Now, on the other side of the ballpark, I'm not adverse to this, and the finished product will probably be better, but I just didn't find it funny really... I probably missed the joke...?

And finally to nitpick, you mispelt minutes! But, no biggy.

I'd like to see where this goes. DBZ fandom products are awesome, after all.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:51 am

Oddish wrote:Ooh! Segway Majin Buu's line into "'cuz, I like candy" (enter song here).

But, nah, that's lame.

Now, on the other side of the ballpark, I'm not adverse to this, and the finished product will probably be better, but I just didn't find it funny really... I probably missed the joke...?

And finally to nitpick, you mispelt minutes! But, no biggy.
Crap, you're right; I did misspell it.

Yeah, actually this is my first attempt at an actual Abridged series, where I'm not just making random jokes, that don't have to do with what's going on in the show.

Whoo, hoo. I failed, miserably.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:28 am

I have a wide range. I can do many voices. Y'know. If you need someone.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:32 am

Innagadadavida wrote:I have a wide range. I can do many voices. Y'know. If you need someone.
I have a wide range too, I'm just usually too lazy to use more than a few voices. But, yeah. I'll take any help I can get.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:36 am

Schweet. I'll send you something.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:39 am

I'm a bit confused about the preview... What's going on?
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:00 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3CIvbWAsdU&fmt=

Real quick and low quality. But it's something.

I do a pretty good trunks.

You should start from the beginning. You can do like TFS and combine clips from episodes into one.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball GT: Abridged - Episode 1 [Preview]

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:46 am

SSJ4 Furanki wrote: I did, Baby's, Goku's and Majin Buu's voices.

Buu's voice is a parody as in the FUNimation dub, it's super high, in this it's way deeper.
I hope I don't sound mean, but your Boo and Baby Vegeta voices essentially sound identical. Forcing yourself into those lower registers of your voice can only yield so many results (Sabat's near identical Piccolo and Vegeta for example) you're not really going to extend your range by voicing those types of characters all the time.
Haha!, that was great, I'm really not a fan of the dub, but I found those caricatures of the dub actors pretty amusing, I'd love to see some skits or something.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:09 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
SSJ4 Furanki wrote: I did, Baby's, Goku's and Majin Buu's voices.

I hope I don't sound mean, but your Boo and Baby Vegeta voices essentially sound identical. Forcing yourself into those lower registers of your voice can only yield so many results (Sabat's near identical Piccolo and Vegeta for example) you're not really going to extend your range by voicing those types of characters all the time.
Haha!, that was great, I'm really not a fan of the dub, but I found those caricatures of the dub actors pretty amusing, I'd love to see some skits or something.
Agreed, he's really good.
I noticed, I'm gonna have to re-do Buu's voice, or I'll just let Innagadadavida do Buu's voice, not sure.

Welcome aboard, Innagadadavida.
Forgotten Hero wrote:I'm a bit confused about the preview... What's going on?
I pulled a FUNimation and just skipped to an episode.
I would start with Episode 1 and mix episodes together like TFS, but I don't have Episode 1, not on DVD or ripped. I don't have any of the "Lost Episodes" I gotta wait 'til Christmas for GT Season 1.
Last edited by El Diabeetus on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:20 pm

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:Agreed, he's really good. I noticed, I'm gonna have to re-do Buu's voice, or I'll just let Innagadadavida do Buu's voice, not sure.

I would start with Episode 1 and mix episodes together like TFS, but I don't have Episode 1, not on DVD or ripped. I don't have any of the "Lost Episodes" I gotta wait 'til Christmas for GT Season 1.
Sweet, mang. I'll add you as a friend on the Tube and you can msg me some deets when you get the chance. I can help out in as many ways possible, including video editing.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:22 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
SSJ4 Furanki wrote:Agreed, he's really good. I noticed, I'm gonna have to re-do Buu's voice, or I'll just let Innagadadavida do Buu's voice, not sure.

Sweet, mang. I'll add you as a friend on the Tube and you can msg me some deets when you get the chance. I can help out in as many ways possible, including video editing.
Yeah, I have like no video editors, so I'll need help with that. Alright, sweet.