Looking for actually good DB AMVs

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Looking for actually good DB AMVs

Post by omegacwa » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:11 pm

I am tired of going through tons of awful AMV's made by 10 year-olds on youtube. Can you guys maybe suggest some good ones. I am not really interested in comedy related ones, more action/drama ones. Ones about Vegeta a plus.
Thanks.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Looking for actually good DB AMVs

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:14 pm

omegacwa wrote:I am tired of going through tons of awful AMV's made by 10 year-olds on youtube. Can you guys maybe suggest some good ones. I am not really interested in comedy related ones, more action/drama ones. Ones about Vegeta a plus.
Thanks.
http://www.daizex.com/guides/dbz_amv_guide/

If there are any genuine updates anyone can suggest to the section, I'd be more than happy to update with it. Just don't be offended if I don't add it... my standards are pretty ridiculous :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:26 pm

Well, I know this is my own topic, but a friend of mine made this video, and although it isn't super awesome and has so repeated clips, it does have some really cool moments.

http://uwapro.com/LeeKazlow-%20AMVbestofvegetaHQ.wmv

Sorry, no youtube link.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:40 pm

Well I don't know if I can claim my own amv is good or not but I'd like to offer an old one of mine a shot.

It's an AMV about Goku and Vegeta's rivalry, the song used is Switchfoot's "Meant to Live" song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4oW5b2-tvw&fmt=18

Besides focusing on their rivalry and how "there's more to it than fighting", my full intentions were really to make a "follow the beats" AMV. IMO, I think the AMV starts falling to slow-as-hell and meaningless beats near the end but I'll let you be the judge on that, also, someone shoot me for letting youtube cause those "3 bar effects" at the end to go out of sync with the audio.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:06 pm

This is one I've done, not sure I can call it great, but I merged the First Opening theme of Death Note (The World) to clips from the newer 2D DBZ game opening animations, (Budokai 2, 3 and Sagas). The only older animation used was footage from CHA-LA-HEAD-CHA-LA to get the DBZ Logo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_v2nj2BrjI

This was my first AMV I attempted since I was 12. I would have included footage from Son Goku and Friends Return, but 1, it was subbed, it's hard to find un-subbed footage. Also, this was made before the special came out.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:13 pm

I'll post YouTube and HQ download links later, but all of the best Dragonball AMV's I've ever found are in this list:

--DBZ Doomrider
--Gohan in the End
--The Father's Shadow
--DBZ Conclusion
--The Saiyan Race
--Saiyan Story
--Vegeta I'm the One
--Get Ready to Die

They are all very well made with a lot of time put into each, all with what seems to be nice DVD sources.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:39 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote: Gohan in the End
Seriously? I didn't know there were actually well made Linkin Ball Z amv's :lol:

Also, if you put that into youtube it's probably going to come up with about 100 results, so you might want to be a little more specific.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Wojak
Regular

Post by Wojak » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:13 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Seriously? I didn't know there were actually well made Linkin Ball Z amv's :lol:

Also, if you put that into youtube it's probably going to come up with about 100 results, so you might want to be a little more specific.
There were some good one's in the beginning of the DBZ-AMV era, although those got forgotten by the most because of the overproduction of "Linkin Z" musicvideos, which I guess you have watched your fair share of.
There were two that portrayed Vegeta and Trunks, I think that they can be found in the link that Mike wrote. Those two are actually one of the few Linkin Z videos that I can tolerate.

Seriously, I know people that make decent DBZ musicvideos with original ideas and songs, that get removed on YouTube because of Copyright Infringement. But still, all those awful Linkin Z videos are still there! Like weed! :x
I guess that they multiply so fast, that you can't notice that a few are gone.
Coming to AMV's, YouTube can be the poorest choice of place to look for them.
Sometimes, a video that is not cut at all, and has unfitting music, and no concistency regarding the theme, can have 5 stars in rating, and over 100 ratings too.

Sorry for the rant. Had to be said. But still, I know you probably know it too.

Any tips for websites where there are musicvideos and a reliable rating-system?
No more time for Daizex. Goodbye folks!

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:15 pm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U5D3XXPP

Something I made a couple months ago. If you happen to like it, that'd make my day. Pretty straightforward message, but I didn't anticipate how short the song was and the ending might be disappointing. :<

It's low quality because the footage was downloaded, and I didn't feel like purchasing it for an AMV.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:12 pm

Alright, I'm finished now. These are the best DragonBall AMV's I know of. They are all very professionally made and well thought out (yes, that even includes the Linkin Park one!). I see all of these are worthy of being added to your "AMV Guide" VegettoEX, but the decision is totally up to you. I hope everyone enjoys these as I have, and if anyone knows of any other decent AMV's, I'd love to see them!
------------------------------------------------------------
DBZ Doomrider
[YouTube Link]
[HQ Download link]

Gohan in the End
[YouTube Link]
[HQ Download Link]

The Father's Shadow
[YouTube Link]
[HQ Download Link]

DBZ Conclusion
[YouTube Link]
[HQ Download Link]

The Saiyan Race
[YouTube Link]
[HQ Download Link]

Saiyan Story
[YouTube Link]
[HQ Download Link]

I'M THE ONE, VEGETA!
[YouTube Link]
[HQ Download Link]

Jinzouningen Tribute - Get Ready to Die
[YouTube Link]
[HQ Download Link]
------------------------------------------------------------
SSJ2bardock wrote:
Yes, there actually are... is. This is the video I could see giving Doomrider the best competition for best overall Dragonball themed AMV (it was inspired by Doomrider too). It is extremely good and I hope you check it out.

**Gohan in The End would be my first suggestion to you, sir VegettoEX, for an addition to your "AMV Guide".**

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:20 pm

I have absolutely no idea why this is, but "Gohan in the End" feels... claustrophobic... I don't know why, it just does.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:02 pm

I hate to be the douchebag that asks, but how does a project like Doomrider--lemme state I appreciate the hardwork and like the product very much--not contribute to the 'hardcore' image of Dragonball in the States? I ask because it's often a position I can recollect Mike disliking, or rather the vast majority of Japanese version fans. EIther way, some of the musical keys meshed very well with the animation quite often. Was not it said this was a multiple year long project?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Re: Looking for actually good DB AMVs

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:09 pm

omegacwa wrote:I am tired of going through tons of awful AMV's made by 10 year-olds on youtube. Can you guys maybe suggest some good ones. I am not really interested in comedy related ones, more action/drama ones. Ones about Vegeta a plus.
Thanks.
Try this Gohan/Videl AMV of mine, I think I did a good job on it. Apparently so does the YouTube community, as it has over 100,000 views and is the first vid to come up in YouTube's search engine for "Gohan Videl". The reply vid to it is also quite good, liking how it tricks a scene in movie 10 to make it look like Gohan and Videl sleep together. :P
14 years later

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:04 am

The Tori-bot wrote:I have absolutely no idea why this is, but "Gohan in the End" feels... claustrophobic... I don't know why, it just does.
I can understand that. The video does have a ridiculous amount of effects and footage jammed into it.
JulieYBM wrote:I hate to be the douchebag that asks, but how does a project like Doomrider--lemme state I appreciate the hardwork and like the product very much--not contribute to the 'hardcore' image of Dragonball in the States? I ask because it's often a position I can recollect Mike disliking, or rather the vast majority of Japanese version fans. EIther way, some of the musical keys meshed very well with the animation quite often. Was not it said this was a multiple year long project?
I think that the hated negative "hardcore image" that you're referring to is one that is more made up of people with the thought that DragonBall Z is a badass "not-for-kids" show. I think that a majority of these fans are the ones that like DBZ for the brutal fighting and blood that they think makes up the entire series and think DragonBall didn't exist. That particular mentally isn't really contributed to by this AMV (though I can see how someone could feel that way based on the pace of the video and the music and the scenes that the video spotlights).

And it was a two year, 12 person project. Wow.

Snail

Post by Snail » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:23 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:
I'M THE ONE, VEGETA!
[YouTube Link]
[HQ Download Link]
One of my favourite AMVs. Personally not my cup o' tea in terms of song choice, but everything is just so damned well-synced and edited. Shout out to VEGETADTX -- great job. Where ever you are (banned? imprisoned after a failed coup d’état against FOX studios?).

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Snail wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote: I'M THE ONE, VEGETA!
[YouTube Link]
[HQ Download Link]
One of my favourite AMVs. Personally not my cup o' tea in terms of song choice, but everything is just so damned well-synced and edited. Shout out to VEGETADTX -- great job. Where ever you are (banned? imprisoned after a failed coup d’état against FOX studios?).
I totally agree with you there, the syncing and editing does it for me.

I only wish that the little clip of the Vegeta and Goku battle had been left out, or shortened... and the Japanese dub had been used. When I first found this AMV about a year ago it was on the great Stage6, and the particular version of the video that was uploaded there had all of the intro edited out, so the video started at what is 00:26 in the actually video (right when the music actually starts). I liked this a lot better, but it did make it damn hard to find a streaming YouTube version of the video, when it turns out I didn't know how the video actual started. I must have found that particular encode by VEGETADTX on YouTube several times and watched the first 20 seconds and thought that it was the wrong video and started searching again. :x